PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 19th June 2017

Options

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the lists natty and Valli xx

I'm sort of in but maybe in my own order.

Kiddies delivered to school - also hot here, more sunscreen liberally applied and hats and extra water packed. I've just made me an iced coffee :beer: lovely

Today's plan is to grab a few bits from @ldi but literally only a few as I have a big shop coming tomorrow.

I've laundry to put away too, and garden sweeping but it will have to wait till it's cooler.

Might go stick another wash on...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 June 2017 at 1:59PM
    Options
    Thanks Valli and Natty

I'm sticking to plan and checking in. Today's MUSTS:

1) Hot whites wash (Currenty in WM)
    2) Menu planning
    3) Shopping
    4) Bake cake for tonight
    5) Bake bread for DH sandwiches
    6) Clear kitchen mess resulting from above
    7) Phone car insurers re. Not renewing with them
    8) Upload outline crap CV to Careers website before counselling coversation on Wednesday
    9) Read and do tasks in next chapter of The Artists Way before meeting tomorrow afternoon
    10) Share at my AA meeting tonight. PREP for it

OK. 10. A nice round number. Iona I'm channeling your amazing GUAG as mine is hopeless.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm in and thanks for lists, but it's a pretty packed prog this week. Last week Mr N and I were both pretty pathetic with the cold/virus thing I kindly brought him back from Denmark. Were contemplating a team booking at the GP this week as the worst bit was throat; really felt like tonsillitis. Anyway we're both improving, general heat and illness-fuelled debility means the house didn't get messy plus when we were up to it it was mainly garden flying and we did do a lot. Lots of baby peppers and tomatoes in greenhouse. Have given up on peas as whenever they grow even one leaf, the pigeons eat them.

Today: got solar panel review am. I've got an assessment to do at uni pm. Need to finish writing up a report.
    Tomorrow: zumba then a frantic catchup. Another report to write up, house to fly round, church group in eve.
    Wed: Assessment at uni and meet Mr N at his last-day-at-work pub/meal escapade. 2 other colleagues are leaving the same day (although not retiring like him). Question: I first met Mr N when he was 27; how can he be retiring?......
    Thurs: Even more frantic catch up then we are off to Birmingham for 2 nights. I'm going to a conference on Friday and Mr N to the motor bike museum. Then we're going to Cornwall for 5 nights. So some careful planning needed, not the least of which is because we're going on the motor bike and can't over-pack.

Consider yourself gently kicked FBO although it sounds as though you've made a start.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What's the worst they can do if you ring them every hour ATB? They can't bite you, all they'll do is be rude. Which they are, anyway by not paying, which is passive aggresive. Just be scrupulously polite and say you will accept a bank transfer rather than waste their time asking for a cheque. Repeatedly. Until they just pay. (((Hugs))) for you.

And a (((hug))) for you FBO, rather than a kick up the jacksy. It sounds as though you've been through it a bit with work lately, and you're doing really, really well by my reading of what you're dealing with. Whatever you do off that list is progress, and that's all that's required of us - to make progress every day.

As I've lived in Plymouth now for 25 years I think I'm pretty used to the sound of seagulls, Ionafan! When I used to work at a big hotel in Sidmouth (sea views from almost all the rooms, if you opened the window too wide you'd pretty much fall into the sea) guests would complain about the noise they made, and '... could we do something about it?' Doh!

Gorgeous day here, absolutely gorgeous. Up and at it early (for me) and most of the kitchen list was done before I read yours, Natty, because it needed it so badly. I'll do some of the rest later just to feel virtuous if I have the energy. Today is the perfect day for Kelpie's sheepskin rug which badly needs a twirl in the WM and a boiling hot day to dry. And I need to finish getting ready for the arrivals.

If there's time I've got a lot of tiny lavendar plants that need potting up and a few other things that need potting in their final positions. I've got plenty of shade to work in so it's rather lovely.
    Better is good enough.
  • FurryBeastOz
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support.

DW emptied and reloaded. Menu plan done. Off to the shops as I can't bake before I've been.

Was really hoping to get the towels outside but it looks like we might be in for a thunderstorm. Fingers crossed it doesn't amount to anything.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh well scrub the solar panel review, having rung last night to confirm a 10am appt, they rang at 10.15 just now to say they haven't been able to locate a technician who can visit. Back to my report now but at least preparing for a visit got the lounge table tidied and a few things put away.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • MeandThe2
    MeandThe2 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all!

First week flying and I am looking forward to get is house slightly cleaner as it's a dump! Popped to B&M after dropping kids off as I needed another fan, spend far too much in there as always but it was all stuff we needed....or so I am telling myself :rotfl:

Level One
    [STRIKE]Remove floor gubbins. Yes, you, that pile over by the door. Does it live there? I think not!
    Now do the same with the unnecessary worktop clutter! There you go! Well done![/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Give the work tops and cupboard fronts your attention (with a cloth, don't flutter your eyelashes at them )[/STRIKE]
    Shine your sink, flylady basics - Once the floor is dry I and I have emptied the mop bucket I can put the pots away and do this!
    [STRIKE]Splash backs and greasy tiles? Yep, swish there too![/STRIKE]
    Level Three
    [STRIKE]Pop the bin and doormat outside, then sweep and mop your floor
    Wipe over the small appliances [/STRIKE]
    Extras:
    Don't forget those MAD half hour's you started last week, keep plodding on with them this week. I'm not letting you get away from them.. - no idea what this is?
    [STRIKE]Do you need to test your smoke alarms?[/STRIKE] - done as I had to replace batteries a week ago
    [STRIKE]Wipe over your big appliances[/STRIKE]
    Run the WM and/or DW on a hot wash to keep its insides happy - Will do WM once all washing done, don't have a DW :(
    [STRIKE]Count your baking tins and sheets. How many??? Do you really need all of them?[/STRIKE] - only have 4 as I got rid last year when we moved

Got a load on the line burning in the sun and one in about to be finished...my washing basket it empty :eek: Have organised 3 of the 4 kitchen draws this morning too :)

Managed to mop myself into living room so guess I will have to stay put until floor dry :o
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Meandthe2 a couple of weeks ago Valli came up with the MAD half hour - just pick a task that you've been putting off, and commit to just half and hour to make a Difference. My first one was paperwork - I organised it in a week of MAD half hours - maybe did about 4 sessions over the week. Then I was supposed to sort through kids artwork and certificate piles, but I somehow ignored that last week :o
    Does that help? X

I've got washing out on the line, few bits of groceries and I've planted 2 clematis behind the back fence. I hid an old garden arch behind there that I can't dismantle (rust) so I've put it behind the fence in the middle, hopefully later in the summer we'll have some flowers climbing up it :T boy it was hot though...

I'm now laid on the bed with the window open. Must move... Lol
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • FurryBeastOz
    Options
    [STRIKE]1) Hot whites wash (Currenty in WM)[/STRIKE] Flapping merrily
    [STRIKE]2) Menu planning[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]3) Shopping[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]4) Bake cake for tonight[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]5) Bake bread for DH sandwiches[/STRIKE] Half loaf located in freezer and I need the space in there.
    6) Clear kitchen mess resulting from above
    [STRIKE]7) Phone car insurers re. Not renewing with them[/STRIKE]
    8) Upload outline crap CV to Careers website before counselling coversation on Wednesday
    9) Read and do tasks in next chapter of The Artists Way before meeting tomorrow afternoon
    10) Share at my AA meeting tonight. PREP for it.

Good progress. The remaining items are a bit more flexible depending on lawyers. I'm waiting a call back.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Home from paid stuff. Job applied for on DSs behalf, however, the questions you have to answer for even a basic minimum wage job are ridiculous. Sigh. WM on, DW on, quick tidy around. Now (reluctantly) on with the paid stuff for job no. 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure