Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Marchitiello
    • By Marchitiello 18th Jun 17, 7:37 PM
    • 350Posts
    • 142Thanks
    Marchitiello
    Fineco Bank multicurrencies account
    • 18th Jun 17, 7:37 PM
    Fineco Bank multicurrencies account 18th Jun 17 at 7:37 PM
    Has anyone else seen this account and/or already signed up? I registered an interest when someone else posted a link on Facebook and finalised the account opening last week.

Basically they are part of the UniCredit group (Champions League sponsor) and have been a challenger bank operating in many part of Europe for quite a few years now, as I understand with an Italian Banking License (depositor protected up to 100,000).

You get a UK bank account (sort code start with 30, looks to be a Lloyds one) and an IBAN starting with IT. You can select between a free GBP or EUR debit card and pay 9.95 for a second one in the other currency (the early bird offer was for both cards to be free). You also have two other currencies operating account (but not card for those), in USD and CHF, plus an investment/trading platform if you wish to use it.

I will use it for a while and see if I can close my other fee paying EUR account.
    Last edited by Marchitiello; 18-06-2017 at 7:40 PM.
Page 13
    • Pablo2010
    • By Pablo2010 12th Jun 19, 9:55 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Pablo2010
    Debit card must be activated first in order to get a PIN.
    Fineco sends PIN to the mobile number via text message.
  • bp5678
    I think i completed registration (was quite a long horrible registration process).

I don't actually know my User ID and password. Do you know where to find this?
    • Aidanmc
    • By Aidanmc 12th Jun 19, 11:46 AM
    • 197 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    Aidanmc
    Initial online access codes will be sent via email and text a few days after opening the account.

I think i completed registration (was quite a long horrible registration process).

I don't actually know my User ID and password. Do you know where to find this?
    Originally posted by bp5678
  • bp5678
    I've created an account and now have my user ID to log in. I've logged in and can't work out where I need to go to deposit the 1000.

Please could someone help? Cheers
    • Aidanmc
    • By Aidanmc 13th Jun 19, 8:26 AM
    • 197 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    Aidanmc
    I've created an account and now have my user ID to log in. I've logged in and can't work out where I need to go to deposit the 1000.

Please could someone help? Cheers
    Originally posted by bp5678
    You need send the funds from another UK bank to Fineco. You will get the Fineco sort code and account number in top left corner of Fineco home page.
    Use last 8 digits of the account number.
    Funds will take a day or 2 to arrive at Fineco.
    To withdraw the funds from Fineco, you will need the debit card if you requested one, otherwise they will send you a Security code by post, about 7-10 days to arrive from when you opened account.
    Last edited by Aidanmc; 13-06-2019 at 8:32 AM.
    • DesG
    • By DesG 14th Jun 19, 11:28 AM
    • 1,259 Posts
    • 452 Thanks
    DesG
    Has anyone tried sending >100GBP from Fineco to Revolut and know if there was a charge applied by Revolut for receiving the transfer?

I know Nationwide and Santander previously have not charged, but I don't have any accounts with them any more

If no-one has used Revolut before I'll give it a go and report back.
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 14th Jun 19, 11:40 AM
    • 4,932 Posts
    • 3,032 Thanks
    eDicky
    I doubt that Revolut would charge for incoming, but be careful - they don't accept international or SWIFT payments to your GBP sort code /account no, so from Fineco it's likely to fail. You would need to use the IBAN, if that's possible with Fineco for GBP.
    • DesG
    • By DesG 14th Jun 19, 12:43 PM
    • 1,259 Posts
    • 452 Thanks
    DesG
    I doubt that Revolut would charge for incoming, but be careful - they don't accept international or SWIFT payments to your GBP sort code /account no, so from Fineco it's likely to fail. You would need to use the IBAN, if that's possible with Fineco for GBP.
    Originally posted by eDicky
    Thanks, that sounds like a no-go, I'll explore other options or pay FD their 6 grrr.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 14th Jun 19, 12:50 PM
    • 11,029 Posts
    • 10,318 Thanks
    colsten
    Thanks, that sounds like a no-go, I'll explore other options or pay FD their 6 grrr.
    Originally posted by DesG
    Have you got the Fineco debit card? If so, withdraw the lot in cash. By default, you have a 4K limit on the card.

Alternatively, open a Santander Everyday current account. They won't charge anything for receiving money from Fineco, and the account is free. You can use that account later to switch to another bank, for a switching bonus. I believe Natwest and RBS have some nice offers going atm.

Other free accounts are available, too, but I don't know about their policy for receiving Fineco money.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 14th Jun 19, 9:52 PM
    • 22,817 Posts
    • 104,498 Thanks
    michaels
    I got charged for the card delivery but not for a couple of months after I opened the account.

Somewhere I think you should be able to 'manage my cards' and see tracking info.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • pfpf
    • By pfpf 19th Jun 19, 3:50 PM
    • 4,245 Posts
    • 2,901 Thanks
    pfpf
    I sent 1025.00 to my Fineco account last night and it arrived through the morning today.

having received and activated my debit card yesterday I went to the cash machine to withdraw.

my stated balance on screen was 750.00 and available to withdraw 0.00.

I am wondering if I should have tried a withdraw or if there is a delay to when the cash becomes available?

any experience of this / ideas?

thanks.
    My avatar is my life.
    • Aidanmc
    • By Aidanmc 19th Jun 19, 4:02 PM
    • 197 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    Aidanmc
    I sent 1025.00 to my Fineco account last night and it arrived through the morning today.

having received and activated my debit card yesterday I went to the cash machine to withdraw.

my stated balance on screen was 750.00 and available to withdraw 0.00.

I am wondering if I should have tried a withdraw or if there is a delay to when the cash becomes available?

any experience of this / ideas?

thanks.
    Originally posted by pfpf
    Balance on internet banking 1025 and balance on atm 750!
    That would seem quite strange!
    Normally take a bit longer than 1 day for funds to reach Fineco, particularly making the transfer at night time.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 19th Jun 19, 4:16 PM
    • 11,029 Posts
    • 10,318 Thanks
    colsten
    pfpf, what is the limit on your debit card? Mine defaulted to 4,000.
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 19th Jun 19, 5:55 PM
    • 1,319 Posts
    • 837 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    pfpf, what is the limit on your debit card? Mine defaulted to 4,000.
    Originally posted by colsten
    Yes, 4K here too, although had to do two transactions as ATM only allowed 800 in one go
    • pfpf
    • By pfpf 19th Jun 19, 7:12 PM
    • 4,245 Posts
    • 2,901 Thanks
    pfpf

the 25.00 I sent 18th AM and it arrived 18th PM, the 1k I sent 18th evening and it arrived today AM.

POS states 4k, switching to ATM states 3k.

ATM indeed read, 750 balance, 0 withdrawable.

i'll be trying again tomorrow otherwise trying a bank transfer.

any thoughts? thanks.
    My avatar is my life.
    • Aidanmc
    • By Aidanmc 19th Jun 19, 7:33 PM
    • 197 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    Aidanmc
    I don't know what the little clock symbol beside the 1000 entry means???
    Hopefully it works ok tomorrow for you.
    • pfpf
    • By pfpf 19th Jun 19, 7:40 PM
    • 4,245 Posts
    • 2,901 Thanks
    pfpf
    I saw that. its a link that enables you to put a personalised note against each transaction. it only works on the "following working day" hence the 2 different logo's on the two transactions.

tbh, I would be cool if the ATM had just read 0 withdrawable, its the 750 that has me baffled.
    one way I'll sort it tomorrow.
    My avatar is my life.
    • solowil
    • By solowil 20th Jun 19, 4:19 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    solowil
    Fineco
    Hi. Does anyone know whick UK banks will accept a fineco trnsfer for free?
    • Marchitiello
    • By Marchitiello 20th Jun 19, 6:10 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    Marchitiello
    Hi. Does anyone know whick UK banks will accept a fineco trnsfer for free?
    Originally posted by solowil
    I know Nationwide does not charge a fee and it is my default receiver.
    • mxo
    • By mxo 20th Jun 19, 10:28 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mxo
    Does Fineco have FSCS protection for deposits? I can't find any information on whether deposits are protected
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,304Posts Today

8,192Users online

Martin's Twitter