IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Dealing with Total Parking Solutions (I'm a 99%)

Comments

• Adrian1999
    Adrian1999 Posts: 68
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Correct, you're paying nothing. If you feel guilty about overstaying because you had to do your job, give the £20 to a charity.

The £20 is a bribe to get you to just pay up without questioning it.

Right that's helpful. I think something as simple as that would be beneficially just spelt out in layman terms. As I have no grasp of anything like this, as I am learning to deal with a lot without any support what so ever.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,980
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    On no account give anyone your phone number or phone any ppc or useless debt collector, your naivety will be your downfall, sorry to be blunt.

The estate management, or facilities department or what ever will have appointed these scammers they would be my first port of call to get them to call their dogs off.

Please stop thinking if this as a "fine" you have been sent a speculative invoice by greedy bottom feeding useless muppets no more!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Looking at section #3 on Coupon-mad's thread, she talks about providing photo evidence, but what if the signs are appropriate?
    How would you know 'if the signs are appropriate'? It's not for you to determine - it is for the PPC to provide strict proof that they are - and on everything else for that matter. You put your marker down with this initial appeal, then you make more substantive statements, requiring strict proof from the PPC, to POPLA.

Even if POPLA turns down your appeal, you know you still do not have to pay it. The only time you would have to pay is if ordered by a judge - if TPS initiate small claims court proceedings.

From over 100,000 tickets issued in the past 2.5 years, they've attended the small claims court just 5 times (and they're not necessarily in respect of parking tickets, could have been related to a supplier contract or similar).

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Total_Parking_Solutions.html

So, do you think they're going to go to all that trouble for you over £20?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Adrian1999
    Forumite
    On no account give anyone your phone number or phone any ppc or useless debt collector, your naivety will be your downfall, sorry to be blunt.

No it is fine, I am clearly aware of my naivety to this.

A general consensus please? So I simply just put my appeal straight through, OR contact my health board (client of the PCN contractor) to call off the PCN?.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    Forumite
    Adrian1999 wrote: »
    No it is fine, I am clearly aware of my naivety to this.

A general consensus please? So I simply just put my appeal straight through, OR contact my health board (client of the PCN contractor) to call off the PCN?.

Both - simultaneously.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,633
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    does this waive my opportunity to pay the initial fine

Opportunity?! That's not how we would describe it!

And as Umkomaas said, I'm a she...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Did the NTK date exceed 14 days after event? Ie the date on the NTK. Also do you still have the envelope and is there a post mark?
  • Adrian1999
    Forumite
    Both - simultaneously.
    I've held of submitting my appeal to get into touch with my health board. The individuals response is they have no jurisdiction to wave appeals, and that appeal with my explanation of what had happened (see original post) .

Furthermore, spoke to my line manager, multiple employees have NPCs, and have continuously ignored the letters. On a couple of occasions individuals (one w/ ~20 & another with 50+ separate offences) have been approached by the HB to repay a percentage to wipe the slate clean (~10% I believe).

With this information, I will just submit my appeal now, correct?
    And as Umkomaas said, I'm a she...
    I have become aware, my apologises.

many thanks too all that have responded.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    Forumite
    edited 15 June 2017 at 6:07PM
    Adrian1999 wrote: »
    I've held of submitting my appeal to get into touch with my health board. The individuals response is they have no jurisdiction to wave appeals, and that appeal with my explanation of what had happened (see original post) .

Furthermore, spoke to my line manager, multiple employees have NPCs, and have continuously ignored the letters. On a couple of occasions individuals (one w/ ~20 & another with 50+ separate offences) have been approached by the HB to repay a percentage to wipe the slate clean (~10% I believe).

With this information, I will just submit my appeal now, correct?

I have become aware, my apologises.

many thanks too all that have responded.

they are lying and also not following the rules laid down by their bosses, ie:- by Jeremy Hunt and the NHS itself, never mind the government

these rules were published a couple of years ago so they have no excuse , the government says they are jointly liable , so they cannot wriggle out of their responsibilities in this way

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles

point them at those guidelines and watch them squirm
    Contracted-out car parking

NHS organisations are responsible for the actions of private contractors who run car parks on their behalf.
    NHS organisations should act against rogue contractors in line with the relevant codes of practice6where applicable.
    Contracts should not be let on any basis that incentivises additional charges, eg ‘income from parking charge notices only’.

also ask your MP to write to them asking why they are saying these lies in contravention of those guidelines ?

and yes, put your appeal in too
  • Adrian1999
    Forumite
    and yes, put your appeal in too

Last time I ask this, I promise! With the context of the situation now, I still put in the appeal template highlighted in blue by coupon-mad, completely unedited?

thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport