Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Matthew
    • By MSE Matthew 7th Jun 17, 1:50 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 16Thanks
    MSE Matthew
    UPDATED with Link! There's a new Broadband Tool coming to MSE and we need YOUR help!
    • 7th Jun 17, 1:50 PM
    UPDATED with Link! There's a new Broadband Tool coming to MSE and we need YOUR help! 7th Jun 17 at 1:50 PM

Hello, Forumites!

<<<<<<<<THREAD UPDATE>>>>>>>>

So you now know about this top-secret tool that we've been working on, we still need your feedback. It's your chance to directly shape what we're doing here at MSE Towers!

We've been creating a Broadband tool that shows the VERY BEST BROADBAND DEALS in the market and we'd love to give our Forumites EARLY ACCESS to the BETA version to see what you think!

We're hoping to give it full launch in the coming weeks, but want to see what you all think before it hits the masses. This'll be the first time anyone outside of the office has seen the tool, so I hope you're as excited as we are!

So in a nutshell
    'TRY OUT OUR BROADBAND TOOL AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!'

So, to see the tool and give it a whirl see the link below:
    [Unbundled broadband tool]

We'd love to know your comments here or in our optional FEEDBACK SURVEY (don't worry it's safe and anonymous) and all comments will go towards shaping this tool into being the best that MSE can offer.

Also, if you're unsure about anything - please comment with questions and we'll get back to you asap.

Thanks!

MSE Matthew
    Last edited by Former MSE Matt; 19-07-2017 at 5:45 PM.
Page 5
    • boatman
    • By boatman 28th Mar 18, 10:34 AM
    • 4,094 Posts
    • 2,890 Thanks
    boatman
    The MSE unbundled tool doesn't work.
    It tells me I can get sky fibre and NOWTv fibre, but when I go to the NOWTv website its tells me I can't!! But I can get sky??
    Last edited by boatman; 28-03-2018 at 10:36 AM. Reason: ii
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 28th Mar 18, 12:03 PM
    • 2,974 Posts
    • 1,514 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    The MSE unbundled tool doesn't work.
    It tells me I can get sky fibre and NOWTv fibre, but when I go to the NOWTv website its tells me I can't!! But I can get sky??
    Originally posted by boatman
    It's telling me the same thing.
    • boatman
    • By boatman 28th Mar 18, 5:08 PM
    • 4,094 Posts
    • 2,890 Thanks
    boatman
    I know its because its not a low cost area, but still, I thought these comparison tools were supposed to know these things, otherwise its a bit pointless..
    • camelopardis
    • By camelopardis 21st May 18, 8:52 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    camelopardis
    Rather disappointed with the tool. My local cabinet was upgraded to fibre a couple of weeks ago, all the providers are now offering my postcode fibre broadband on their sites, and yet this tool is still showing only non-fibre deals
    • M_Jaggard
    • By M_Jaggard 2nd Jul 18, 11:26 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    M_Jaggard
    I find it really annoying that this tool, along with the information page on broadband, does not take any account of cashback from Topcashback or equivalent. I know it's not guaranteed, but it does make a difference to what is likely to be the best deal. Seems like MSE are too keen to get their own referral links used :-(
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 3rd Jul 18, 1:33 PM
    • 9,183 Posts
    • 6,879 Thanks
    pmduk
    It offers me Vodafone Fibre at an address I'm moving to, however, there are no Vodafone services at that address. Similarly, Now Broadband isn't listed, whilst being available at my new home. perhaps they don't pay enough to Money supermarket?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 3rd Jul 18, 10:08 PM
    • 4,483 Posts
    • 5,870 Thanks
    waamo
    Useless tool. It only shows non-fibre deals despite fibre being available for the past couple of years round here.

I can understand if fibre was only recently put in but after a couple of years that is so far behind as not to be trustworthy as to the latest deals.
    This space for hire.
    • camelopardis
    • By camelopardis 6th Aug 18, 11:41 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    camelopardis
    Rather disappointed with the tool. My local cabinet was upgraded to fibre a couple of weeks ago, all the providers are now offering my postcode fibre broadband on their sites, and yet this tool is still showing only non-fibre deals
    Originally posted by camelopardis

This was back in May and still only showing non-fibre deals making the tool worse than useless.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 6th Aug 18, 11:54 AM
    • 9,183 Posts
    • 6,879 Thanks
    pmduk
    I find it really annoying that this tool, along with the information page on broadband, does not take any account of cashback from Topcashback or equivalent. I know it's not guaranteed, but it does make a difference to what is likely to be the best deal. Seems like MSE are too keen to get their own referral links used :-(
    Originally posted by M_Jaggard
    Of course, Money Supermarket doesn't own this site to not make a handsome profit from it.
    • Lrain100
    • By Lrain100 26th Aug 18, 11:43 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lrain100
    Don't just rely on the prices please. I went with John Lewis broadband as the customer service is normally very good but have had such poor internet connection with constant drop out. Looking on reviews, hundreds of people are having the same issues. Download speed of anything between 0-10 then back to 3.5 or less. Can't watch a film without buffering or complete loss of internet!!
    Constant calls and emails to JL have got me nowhere. Ofcom will be contacted asap!!
    • thrifty_pete
    • By thrifty_pete 28th Aug 18, 2:27 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    thrifty_pete
    Don't just rely on the prices please. I went with John Lewis broadband as the customer service is normally very good but have had such poor internet connection with constant drop out.
    Originally posted by Lrain100
    A friend of mine is having the same experience, an openreach engineer is coming tomorrow to have a look. His router looks very cheapskate (he'e on the cheapest package I suspect). Given it is supposed to be white-label Plus.net which has good reviews, it is strange. John Lewis are trying to branch out into insurance and broadband but if they damage their brand like this then it will be a fruitless exercise.
    • neilsedaka
    • By neilsedaka 28th Aug 18, 3:14 PM
    • 322 Posts
    • 100 Thanks
    neilsedaka
    If Openreach are invited to diagnose faults on the customer side of their equipment they are likely to charge s.
    • thrifty_pete
    • By thrifty_pete 28th Aug 18, 8:58 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    thrifty_pete
    If Openreach are invited to diagnose faults on the customer side of their equipment they are likely to charge s.
    Originally posted by neilsedaka
    That's true, but it is good to get to the bottom of it. A long time ago I had problems with O2 and they blamed the line, but immediately before and immediately afterwards with another supplier it was fine. Also I think ADSL has become a much more mature technology over the last decade, so people expect more reliability.
    • thrifty_pete
    • By thrifty_pete 31st Aug 18, 2:38 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    thrifty_pete
    A friend of mine is having the same experience, an openreach engineer is coming tomorrow to have a look.
    Originally posted by thrifty_pete
    Update: The Openreach engineer discovered the phone line had become corroded 70 metres up the street. Now with a new cable (or perhaps a new pair) all is well.
    John Lewis' reputation intact!
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 9:00 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    Hi
    Back in August I saw martin promote a BT superfast fibre broadband deal, and it included BT sport through the phone app. This was a main reason why I decided to go with this offer. I bought this deal going through MSE finally got my internet installed and up and running. But the BT sport app isn't working, I rang bt customer services up after being passed about on the phone for an hour I finally got told I do not have the BT sport app on my deal. ??? Why was it advertised with this feature but then not supplied???
    I've just been looking through your website broadband deals through BT. with the broardband packages that give the simlar deals with BT sport app when I click on the "get deal" button to take me to BT sight that offer then is not included
    Why is this please??
    I failed to notice that I was being miss informed when I bought my board band package and that was 1 of the main reasons why I went with that deal.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 19th Oct 18, 4:49 PM
    • 2,974 Posts
    • 1,514 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Spam incoming...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,638Posts Today

8,874Users online

Martin's Twitter