Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Matthew
    • By MSE Matthew 7th Jun 17, 1:50 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 16Thanks
    MSE Matthew
    UPDATED with Link! There's a new Broadband Tool coming to MSE and we need YOUR help!
    • 7th Jun 17, 1:50 PM
    UPDATED with Link! There's a new Broadband Tool coming to MSE and we need YOUR help! 7th Jun 17 at 1:50 PM

Hello, Forumites!

<<<<<<<<THREAD UPDATE>>>>>>>>

So you now know about this top-secret tool that we've been working on, we still need your feedback. It's your chance to directly shape what we're doing here at MSE Towers!

We've been creating a Broadband tool that shows the VERY BEST BROADBAND DEALS in the market and we'd love to give our Forumites EARLY ACCESS to the BETA version to see what you think!

We're hoping to give it full launch in the coming weeks, but want to see what you all think before it hits the masses. This'll be the first time anyone outside of the office has seen the tool, so I hope you're as excited as we are!

So in a nutshell
    'TRY OUT OUR BROADBAND TOOL AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!'

So, to see the tool and give it a whirl see the link below:
    [Unbundled broadband tool]

We'd love to know your comments here or in our optional FEEDBACK SURVEY (don't worry it's safe and anonymous) and all comments will go towards shaping this tool into being the best that MSE can offer.

Also, if you're unsure about anything - please comment with questions and we'll get back to you asap.

Thanks!

MSE Matthew
    Last edited by Former MSE Matt; 19-07-2017 at 5:45 PM.
Page 5
    • boatman
    • By boatman 28th Mar 18, 10:34 AM
    • 4,030 Posts
    • 2,849 Thanks
    boatman
    The MSE unbundled tool doesn't work.
    It tells me I can get sky fibre and NOWTv fibre, but when I go to the NOWTv website its tells me I can't!! But I can get sky??
    Last edited by boatman; 28-03-2018 at 10:36 AM. Reason: ii
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 28th Mar 18, 12:03 PM
    • 2,481 Posts
    • 1,204 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    The MSE unbundled tool doesn't work.
    It tells me I can get sky fibre and NOWTv fibre, but when I go to the NOWTv website its tells me I can't!! But I can get sky??
    Originally posted by boatman
    It's telling me the same thing.
    • boatman
    • By boatman 28th Mar 18, 5:08 PM
    • 4,030 Posts
    • 2,849 Thanks
    boatman
    I know its because its not a low cost area, but still, I thought these comparison tools were supposed to know these things, otherwise its a bit pointless..
    • camelopardis
    • By camelopardis 21st May 18, 8:52 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    camelopardis
    Rather disappointed with the tool. My local cabinet was upgraded to fibre a couple of weeks ago, all the providers are now offering my postcode fibre broadband on their sites, and yet this tool is still showing only non-fibre deals
    • M_Jaggard
    • By M_Jaggard 2nd Jul 18, 11:26 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    M_Jaggard
    I find it really annoying that this tool, along with the information page on broadband, does not take any account of cashback from Topcashback or equivalent. I know it's not guaranteed, but it does make a difference to what is likely to be the best deal. Seems like MSE are too keen to get their own referral links used :-(
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 3rd Jul 18, 1:33 PM
    • 8,809 Posts
    • 6,560 Thanks
    pmduk
    It offers me Vodafone Fibre at an address I'm moving to, however, there are no Vodafone services at that address. Similarly, Now Broadband isn't listed, whilst being available at my new home. perhaps they don't pay enough to Money supermarket?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 3rd Jul 18, 10:08 PM
    • 3,869 Posts
    • 5,026 Thanks
    waamo
    Useless tool. It only shows non-fibre deals despite fibre being available for the past couple of years round here.

I can understand if fibre was only recently put in but after a couple of years that is so far behind as not to be trustworthy as to the latest deals.
    This space for hire.
    • camelopardis
    • By camelopardis 6th Aug 18, 11:41 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    camelopardis
    Rather disappointed with the tool. My local cabinet was upgraded to fibre a couple of weeks ago, all the providers are now offering my postcode fibre broadband on their sites, and yet this tool is still showing only non-fibre deals
    Originally posted by camelopardis

This was back in May and still only showing non-fibre deals making the tool worse than useless.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 6th Aug 18, 11:54 AM
    • 8,809 Posts
    • 6,560 Thanks
    pmduk
    I find it really annoying that this tool, along with the information page on broadband, does not take any account of cashback from Topcashback or equivalent. I know it's not guaranteed, but it does make a difference to what is likely to be the best deal. Seems like MSE are too keen to get their own referral links used :-(
    Originally posted by M_Jaggard
    Of course, Money Supermarket doesn't own this site to not make a handsome profit from it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,361Posts Today

8,523Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin