Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Adamp0403
    • By Adamp0403 6th Jun 17, 7:01 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Adamp0403
    G24 Contractual Parking Charge Notice
    • 6th Jun 17, 7:01 PM
    G24 Contractual Parking Charge Notice 6th Jun 17 at 7:01 PM
    Hi there,

Have explored all threads on this and hoping for some advice...

Just to give a brief background... I have received TWO notices for overstaying 60 minutes of 'permitted' free parking in an Office Outlet in High Wycombe; one for 79 minutes and the other for 101 minutes. I have used this car park countless times over the past 10 years - it has been as far as I can remember, 120 minutes free parking for customers. They decided to change this free parking time without exhibiting any clear signs at the entrance to the car park. There was a sign in the middle of the car park with all the terms and conditions for parking which did state that the time was changed on a specified date but it was only noticeable to me when I walked up to it to check having received these notices. I didn't drive past this sign when I parked and even if I had, I had no reason to check the t&c's because as a regular customer, I knew the parking limits well.

I am extremely frustrated as I believe this was tantamount to a con... I believe this change has been made to trap regular customers as the signage was very poor. I am sure many like myself have been tripped up due to assumption that the parking limit was 120 minutes. Surely they should have put a big sign at the entrance to the car park to explicilty notify customers of this change in terms and conditions? Not just small print on signs which looked exacty the same as the signs in place for the many years I had shopped there?

To make matters worse, I was driving a hire car and have been charged 50.00 on top of the request for 200.00 for the two charges.

Having been aware of PCN's and their lack of legtimacy, I have not paid the fine or acknowledged to G24 that it is so. I wrote to the Office Outlet to complain and ask them to intervene but haven't as yet heard anything. I have now received a final notice for payment for the fines and am wondering what to do?

Do I keep complaining to the office outlet? Do I need to write to G24 Ltd to explain that i won't be paying? If so, how do I construct this letter under the circumstances?

Appreciate your help.

Adam
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Jun 17, 7:09 PM
    • 18,376 Posts
    • 23,279 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th Jun 17, 7:09 PM
    • 6th Jun 17, 7:09 PM
    there are no "fines" , just invoices saying you owe them money

the whole private parking industry is a con and has been for several years

please read the NEWBIES sticky thread

come back if you get an MCOL from Northampton within the next 6 years

meanwhile , keep on at the landholders for cancellations , this is your BEST and only option for now
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Suebennett
    • By Suebennett 6th Jun 17, 9:45 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Suebennett
    • 6th Jun 17, 9:45 PM
    Please help
    • 6th Jun 17, 9:45 PM
    Hi , I just get a letter from G24 that charge me 100 for parking at Homebase and left 10 min past the time, that can be reduce to 60 if I pay with 14 days after I receive the letter, but today is already the 14 days the date that letter was sent to me. The charge is at my husband name but I was the driver , my husband can't drive.
    Should I pay or ignore?? I just came from Homebase and the manager said he can't help me at all.
    Please help!
    Thanks
    • waamo
    • By waamo 6th Jun 17, 9:52 PM
    • 3,415 Posts
    • 4,563 Thanks
    waamo
    • 6th Jun 17, 9:52 PM
    • 6th Jun 17, 9:52 PM
    Please read the thread titled Newbies and tells you to read it first. If you need things explained please start your own thread.
    This space for hire.
    • A Quadir
    • By A Quadir 9th Jan 18, 8:07 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    A Quadir
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:07 PM
    G24 pcn
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:07 PM
    I have received a PCN from GIPSY LANE CAR PARK LUTON ANY ADVISE. I know its a invoice but I was told now they chase you and take you to court.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jan 18, 8:09 PM
    • 18,035 Posts
    • 28,573 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:09 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:09 PM
    I have received a PCN from GIPSY LANE CAR PARK LUTON ANY ADVISE. I know its a invoice but I was told now they chase you and take you to court.
    Originally posted by A Quadir
    Who told you that? G24?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Jan 18, 8:17 PM
    • 7,728 Posts
    • 7,483 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:17 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:17 PM
    A Quadir, last time you posted on this forum you were asked to start a new thread and not hijack an existing thread.

Now, here we are again... follow the advice you were given last time.
    Last edited by KeithP; 09-01-2018 at 8:37 PM.
    • A Quadir
    • By A Quadir 9th Jan 18, 11:23 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    A Quadir
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:23 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:23 PM
    My friends who face it
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Jan 18, 11:26 PM
    • 7,728 Posts
    • 7,483 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:26 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:26 PM
    My friends who face it
    What does that mean?
    Please explain, but not here, on your soon to be created new thread.
    Last edited by KeithP; 09-01-2018 at 11:32 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

183Posts Today

1,839Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin