Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fadeinout
    • By fadeinout 31st May 17, 9:17 AM
    • 38Posts
    • 16Thanks
    fadeinout
    PCN Wrong registration number entered on ticket machine
    • 31st May 17, 9:17 AM
    PCN Wrong registration number entered on ticket machine 31st May 17 at 9:17 AM
    Hi

Got a PCN NTK letter through the post last week.

What happened was my partner used my car that morning and when she paid for the ticket, without thinking, she entered her registration number, instead of the registration number of my car which she was driving. Fortunately, she has kept the ticket proving this.
    I have explained all this in my appeal to myparkingcharge but they are insisting I name her and give them her details.
    Are they entitled to do this?

Thanks in advance for any input
Page 4
    • fadeinout
    • By fadeinout 4th May 18, 5:01 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    fadeinout
    Ah OK I forgot yours was a speculative claim direct from VCS.

Same advice applies and yes you could try that email addy. I would also post a copy and get a free certificate of posting and keep it in your file for later.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    They are so outraged by this case and so convinced they have a viable claim, they didnít even bother to involve their solicitor!!

I will fire off a couple of copies as you suggest and see if they reply

Thank You
    • fadeinout
    • By fadeinout 15th May 18, 2:08 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    fadeinout
    Ah OK I forgot yours was a speculative claim direct from VCS.

Same advice applies and yes you could try that email addy. I would also post a copy and get a free certificate of posting and keep it in your file for later.
    Iíve filed a copy of my DQ with the court, which is now showing on MCOL

Iíve also emailed and sent a copy of my DQ via post to VCS

If they file their DQ with the court, will that appear to me on MCOL?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th May 18, 2:38 PM
    • 57,348 Posts
    • 70,946 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes it should, and they must send you a copy too.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• fadeinout
    • By fadeinout 15th May 18, 7:04 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    fadeinout
    Yes it should, and they must send you a copy too.
    Thank You.

I've had the DQ from the claimant. They want mediation. Good luck with that!

All that's showing in MCOL are my actions. So im guessing they havent bothered sending a copy to the court yet.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th May 18, 8:18 PM
    • 57,348 Posts
    • 70,946 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Ah OK, or maybe MCOL are behind in updating. Often they have weeks' backlog.

Anyway it's now a waiting game till it is allocated locally and you get your dates.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• fadeinout
    • By fadeinout 15th May 18, 8:28 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    fadeinout
    Ah OK, or maybe MCOL are behind in updating. Often they have weeks' backlog.

Anyway it's now a waiting game till it is allocated locally and you get your dates.
    It took 11 days from emailing my DQ to it updating on MCOL, so its entirely possible, as you say, they are snowed under.

I will report back when it gets allocated to my CC. Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,680Posts Today

8,475Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin