Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jrc123
    • By jrc123 30th May 17, 10:53 AM
    • 147Posts
    • 34Thanks
    jrc123
    Fine after 30seconds
    • 30th May 17, 10:53 AM
    Fine after 30seconds 30th May 17 at 10:53 AM
    Dear Members
    Sorry if this has been answered before.

I drove down a public road which PCM Ltd operate.

I drove down the road stopped with my car running got out to read the sign which says no parking. I then turned around to see someone taking a photo of my car.

I told them i am not parking and now moving and drove off. All this happening in a space of 30seconds which are also shown on the images on the PCM website.

When i received the fine i stupidly appealed saying I had to pull over as i was unwell to take something out of my boot and the car was running. Still also in the 30 second time frame.

My appeal was rejected what can i do now?
    thanks for the help
    Last edited by jrc123; 20-07-2018 at 10:50 AM.
Page 15
    • jrc123
    • By jrc123 10th Aug 18, 4:13 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    jrc123
    I called the court and they said I cant have time in front of the judge unless I log a N244 form which costs 55?!
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 10th Aug 18, 4:14 PM
    • 2,273 Posts
    • 3,793 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    it has now been struck out I just got off the phone from the court.

What can I do to put on file incase they re-do it all over again?!

Any advice?
    Originally posted by jrc123
    Technically they could start all over again, but you could then apply to have it struck out as an abuse of process because of their behaviour now.
    They'd be stupid to resurrect it via a new claim, their claim is rubbish and they know it, that's why they haven't pursued it.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
    • jrc123
    • By jrc123 10th Aug 18, 4:15 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    jrc123
    noted on that.

Shame I couldn't get in front of the judge to get costs :-(
    • jrc123
    • By jrc123 10th Aug 18, 4:17 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    jrc123
    I would like to thank everyone for the help. if they start a new claim I shall be back!
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 10th Aug 18, 4:22 PM
    • 37,216 Posts
    • 83,944 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Have you contacted your MP yet about this scam?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • jrc123
    • By jrc123 10th Aug 18, 4:26 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    jrc123
    i think that could be an idea. will they even do anything hats the question!
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 10th Aug 18, 4:31 PM
    • 37,216 Posts
    • 83,944 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    They might.

These are some of the comments made by the MPs in Parliament concerning the unregulated parking industry (Feb 2018):

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he/she wants further information about this scam.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • jrc123
    • By jrc123 10th Aug 18, 4:32 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    jrc123
    I am writing him an email now and will include what you said. I shall keep you all posted. I will see how far I can get this!!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th Aug 18, 4:46 PM
    • 18,868 Posts
    • 23,859 Thanks
    Redx
    i think that could be an idea. will they even do anything thats the question!

they already are

https://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

the more pressure , the better
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th Aug 18, 5:01 PM
    • 8,685 Posts
    • 8,600 Thanks
    KeithP
    i think that could be an idea. will they even do anything hats the question!
    Did you read post #230? Did you watch the video?
    • jrc123
    • By jrc123 10th Aug 18, 5:04 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    jrc123
    yes of course...I have written my local mp and email and will keep everyone posted!
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 10th Aug 18, 5:18 PM
    • 2,273 Posts
    • 3,793 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    it's 255 for a N244!
    I don't agree that you have to separately apply. The issue of costs is live. But you may feel that it's just a further drain on your time and energy to pursue the costs. Because of your initial appeal contradicting your case, I think you're on shaky ground anyway. If you'd had that time on Monday it would have been worth a shot, but without that it's much harder.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
    • jrc123
    • By jrc123 10th Aug 18, 5:23 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    jrc123
    LOC I was on the phone with the court for a while after you said and they said as it's been struck out they could give me the 5mins....I recon it was BS to get me off the phone.

If I had that time I would be up there in a flash! I am going to call the court on Monday and try a different route.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,026Posts Today

9,384Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin