Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jrc123
    • By jrc123 30th May 17, 10:53 AM
    • 103Posts
    • 30Thanks
    jrc123
    Fine after 30seconds
    • 30th May 17, 10:53 AM
    Fine after 30seconds 30th May 17 at 10:53 AM
    Dear Members
    Sorry if this has been answered before.

I drove down a public road which PCM Ltd operate.
    Type in google maps joseph ray road e11.

I drove down the road stopped with my car running got out to read the sign which says no parking. I then turned around to see someone taking a photo of my car.

I told them i am not parking and now moving and drove off. All this happening in a space of 30seconds which are also shown on the images on the PCM website.

When i received the fine i stupidly appealed saying I had to pull over as i was unwell to take something out of my boot and the car was running. Still also in the 30 second time frame.

My appeal was rejected what can i do now?
    thanks for the help
Page 11
    • jrc123
    • By jrc123 9th Apr 18, 7:00 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    jrc123
    i checked the first parking invoice was for the registered keeper...not I

so i cant counterclaim?

could i not counterclaim for distress and time for making my defence and bylaws?

i dont want to go to out o my depth - but i can handle the work :-)
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Apr 18, 7:04 PM
    • 57,563 Posts
    • 71,120 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You could try, using the Protection from Harassment Act instead.

Do you think it's worth a 25 punt up front, and another 25 at hearing stage? Maybe, but it's untested.

If you are up for it, but you would have to re-write the entire counter claim as almost none of it would make sense, and you couldn't use Vidal Hall or Halliday, you could however use Ferguson v British Gas!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• jrc123
    • By jrc123 9th Apr 18, 7:18 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    jrc123
    hmmm ill have a read into this one - going to research tonight.

CM as always thanks for the help ill be back with more updates
    • jrc123
    • By jrc123 12th Apr 18, 10:40 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    jrc123
    Hi all,

I filed my defense 48 hours ago and this morning I have recieved from Gladstones via email their directions questionaire completed. Im guessin this is a scare tactic?

Another templeted message from them said :

We act for the Claimant and have notified the Court of our Client!!!8217;s intention to proceed with the claim.

Please find attached a copy of our Client!!!8217;s completed Directions Questionnaire, which will be filed with the court upon their request. You will note we intend to request a special direction that the case be dealt with on the papers and without the need for an oral hearing

This request is sought simply because the matter is in our Client!!!8217;s opinion relatively straightforward and the costs incurred by both parties for attending an oral hearing would be disproportionate.

You will note our Client has elected not to mediate. Its decision is not meant to be in any way obstructive and is based purely on experience, as mediation has rarely proven beneficial in these types of cases. Notwithstanding this, our Client would be happy to listen to any genuine payment proposals that you wish to put forward.

Yours sincerely

Do i now wait for my question to fill in?

I have read that to make sure this is not read on papers :-)
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Apr 18, 10:43 AM
    • 17,630 Posts
    • 27,890 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    How to deal with the DQ stage is covered in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 12th Apr 18, 11:18 AM
    • 4,124 Posts
    • 5,852 Thanks
    Half_way
    Who is client !!!88217; ?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • jrc123
    • By jrc123 12th Apr 18, 11:19 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    jrc123
    sorry I think it is the way the text was copy and pasted ignore sorry
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 12th Apr 18, 1:17 PM
    • 2,683 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Who is client !!!88217; ?
    Originally posted by Half_way
    It's to do with people posting using devices with so called "Smart Punctuation" It should be turned off.

This guide may help.

How to Turn Off SmartPunctuation on Your iPhone and iPad
    • nigelbb
    • By nigelbb 12th Apr 18, 3:36 PM
    • 1,991 Posts
    • 2,751 Thanks
    nigelbb
    It's to do with people posting using devices with so called "Smart Punctuation" It should be turned off.
    Originally posted by Le_Kirk
    That isn't the problem. The issue is caused by the vBulletin software on which this forum runs not being set up to use UTF-8 Unicode characters. There is a simple fix that needs to be applied by the MSE technical people.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 12th Apr 18, 3:54 PM
    • 2,683 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    That isn't the problem. The issue is caused by the vBulletin software on which this forum runs not being set up to use UTF-8 Unicode characters. There is a simple fix that needs to be applied by the MSE technical people.
    Originally posted by nigelbb
    Maybe not the problem but it is certainly cured/eased when people do turn off Smart Punctuation. If you know the fix, could you post it on the Site Feedback sub-forum because it has been going on for quite a while now and the "technical people" don't seem either able or bothered to fix it.
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 12th Apr 18, 4:16 PM
    • 5,448 Posts
    • 5,553 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    Just a thought, as I've had one land on my desk today for this very location, although it is not at court claim status.

Looking at Streetview, I've seen these signs, side by side - https://goo.gl/maps/M1bTVeVdkzJ2

On the acknowledgement of service, or defence form, is there a section that says something like it is in the wrong court system? If this is a breach of bye-law, it should be the Magistrates, not civil, and POFA doesn't apply?

Sorry if this has ben covered - I'm just skim reading whilst drafting a "FRO" letter in reply at the moment....
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
    • jrc123
    • By jrc123 12th Apr 18, 4:19 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    jrc123
    hi not that I am aware of no.
    Just have fight them do the same process as I have done
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 12th Apr 18, 5:26 PM
    • 2,313 Posts
    • 4,131 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    Since they've gone from Graham Park Way, this seems to be their new wheeze. It will all unfold or unravel eventually.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 12th Apr 18, 5:45 PM
    • 2,516 Posts
    • 3,081 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    You can dispute jurisdiction , but I believe you will then have to file a proper application and pay the fee
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

1,980Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin