Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • slowlysurely
    • By slowlysurely 27th May 17, 8:10 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 1Thanks
    slowlysurely
    Barclaycard- no transfer offers?
    • 27th May 17, 8:10 PM
    Barclaycard- no transfer offers? 27th May 17 at 8:10 PM
    Hi, does anybody know if there is any way for existing customers to trigger 0% balance transfer offers from Barclaycard?
    They used to offer them every month for years and now when I am looking for one there is nothing.
    Have not had any offers from them in about nearly a year. Thanks
Page 4
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 4th Jul 18, 4:51 PM
    • 4,920 Posts
    • 2,978 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    My card is under 50% and I get monthly offers
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 4th Jul 18, 7:24 PM
    • 3,568 Posts
    • 1,875 Thanks
    MABLE
    I once played around with this (after a big balance transfer) and realised that offers were triggered when utilisation dropped under 90%.

However, in the last year (or more) no offers at all have been available. I've paid off loads of debt in that time, and my utilisation is now 70%. I suspect they've tightened things up.

Incidentally, I also used to have two Barclaycards without any problem so it's interesting that you can now only have one.
    Originally posted by circuit
    I have 4 and 2 through migration. I get good offers every month and latest one for money transfer is 0% 1.9% fee until Jan 20.
    • JPD86
    • By JPD86 12th Jul 18, 11:51 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    JPD86
    I have had no offers since February this year, strangely they increased my credit limit in march but have had no offers since then.

Frustratingly so as I have a balance I would like to transfer over.
    • Phil1957
    • By Phil1957 17th Jul 18, 6:51 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Phil1957
    Try calling. I used to get regular offers but they dried up so I sent a message on the website asking for a 0%. Got a message back saying no, sorry. So I called them and said I wanted to close the account unless they could offer me something. Lo and behold, when he 'checked' there was an offer of 0% for 18mnths, 2.9% fee. Not brilliant, but better than nothing. Same thing worked with MBNA some time ago. Of course, you are only in a strong position if your account is around zero. Always call....
    • john1002
    • By john1002 17th Jul 18, 7:21 PM
    • 914 Posts
    • 379 Thanks
    john1002
    And if you don!!!8217;t mind them closing the account if they call your bluff.

John
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,066Posts Today

8,356Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• RT @stevenowottny: 19/30 UK airports now charge you for spending 10 mins dropping someone off at the terminal - good investigation from @je?

• Follow Martin