Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • slowlysurely
    • By slowlysurely 27th May 17, 8:10 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 1Thanks
    slowlysurely
    Barclaycard- no transfer offers?
    • 27th May 17, 8:10 PM
    Barclaycard- no transfer offers? 27th May 17 at 8:10 PM
    Hi, does anybody know if there is any way for existing customers to trigger 0% balance transfer offers from Barclaycard?
    They used to offer them every month for years and now when I am looking for one there is nothing.
    Have not had any offers from them in about nearly a year. Thanks
Page 2
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 1st Jun 17, 5:58 PM
    • 10,816 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    bigadaj
    Me and Mrs.D have been getting offers of 1.9% - 2.9% for about two years....today it jumped to 4.4%. Only difference is that it runs to June and December 2019, a bit longer than normal.
    That's my Barclaycard, limit of 14800..._
    Originally posted by DiggerUK
    Is that a 'gold' card?
    • Chrysalis
    • By Chrysalis 1st Jun 17, 8:07 PM
    • 2,214 Posts
    • 1,057 Thanks
    Chrysalis
    new money transfer and balance transfer offers emailed to me today.
    • Dribiddi
    • By Dribiddi 1st Jun 17, 10:29 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Dribiddi
    Me too 4.4% Dec 2019. Longest 0% offer I've seen on my Barclaycard for a long time
    • slowlysurely
    • By slowlysurely 4th Jun 17, 9:14 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    slowlysurely
    Many thanks to all who replied to my question.
    I used to get similar offers to everyone here every month for years when I had a large balance on the card of around 50% of the credit limit.
    I think I will try not using the card at all for a few months to see if that will start the offers again. At the moment I am using it for purchases and paying in the monthly statement in full.
    • Alexd52
    • By Alexd52 5th Jun 17, 12:02 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    Alexd52
    Me too 4.4% Dec 2019. Longest 0% offer I've seen on my Barclaycard for a long time
    Originally posted by Dribiddi
    Just got one for BT and Money Transfer to June 2020 with 4.4% fee, the best i've seen. Recently they have been in the region of 9 months to 18 months!
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 5th Jun 17, 1:26 PM
    • 2,689 Posts
    • 7,692 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    2 offers for me this week:

Transfer a balance from another card
    0% interest on balance transfers until 1 June 2019
    (3.4% fee applies)

Transfer money to your bank account
    0% interest on money transfers until 1 December 2018
    (3.4% fee applies)

I have £6k of space on my Barclaycard and am paying the minimum each month as it is all at 0% till April '18.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 28th Jun 17, 12:25 PM
    • 3,522 Posts
    • 1,841 Thanks
    MABLE
    These are my offers over 4 cards but no transfer to bank this month.

Balance transfer 0% until 1 November 2017
    1.9% fee applies 31 May 2017

Balance transfer 0% until 1 December 2018
    2.4% fee applies 30 Jun 2017

Transfer cash to your bank account No offers available
    Platinum Visa

Platinum Visa

Balance transfer 0% until 1 December 2018
    2.4% fee applies 30 Jun 2017

Balance transfer 6.9% until paid in full
    2.9% fee applies 31 May 2017

Barclaycard Cashback

Barclaycard Cashback

Barclaycard Cashback

Balance transfer 0% until 1 December 2019
    4.4% fee applies 30 Jun 2017
    Platinum Visa

Platinum Visa

r
    Balance transfer 0% until 1 June 2019
    3.4% fee applies 30 Jun 2017

2.9% fee applies 31 May 2017
    Originally posted by MABLE

UPDATE.
    \
    New offers just come through and transfer to bank account has now reappeared on all the cards held with them and longer bt offers this time. Perhaps because I cleared all promo balances they are offering me all these deals again.
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 28th Jun 17, 12:39 PM
    • 2,866 Posts
    • 2,195 Thanks
    Candyapple
    Here are my updated offers:

Balance transfer 0% until 1 September 2018
    1.9% fee applies 30 Jun 2017

Balance transfer 0% until 1 October 2018
    1.9% fee applies 31 Jul 2017

2.9% fee applies 30 Jun 2017

Transfer cash to your bank account 0% until 1 March 2018
    1.9% fee applies 30 Jun 2017

Transfer cash to your bank account 0% until 1 April 2018
    1.9% fee applies

The 15 months 0% BT offer is decent for an existing customer deal, especially with only 1.9% fee.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • Wildwillow
    • By Wildwillow 23rd Feb 18, 10:53 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Wildwillow
    My balance and money transfers have dried up too... since I turned 60... I have 9000 credit limit on my card and my balance is 0... itís so frustrating
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 23rd Feb 18, 12:24 PM
    • 3,522 Posts
    • 1,841 Thanks
    MABLE
    My balance and money transfers have dried up too... since I turned 60... I have 9000 credit limit on my card and my balance is 0... it!!!8217;s so frustrating
    Originally posted by Wildwillow
    I do not think turning 60 can be the reason why your offers have dried up. I have also turned 60 and still get lots of offers.

My credit limit on my 4 Barclaycards (3 through migration) is £23,200 and I get offers every month on all 4 cards.

It has to be something to do on how they view your credit report (not score).
    Last edited by MABLE; 23-02-2018 at 4:27 PM.
    • Chippi
    • By Chippi 23rd Feb 18, 4:52 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Chippi
    For the first time in 3 years, I also have no offers...
    • Superscrooge
    • By Superscrooge 23rd Feb 18, 6:42 PM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 775 Thanks
    Superscrooge
    Barclaycard are still giving me BT and MT offers every month.

However I used to be offered BT's with a 0.9% fee. But for the last few months they have been with a 2.9% fee.

I would be interested to know whether others are finding their BT fee has increased, or is it just me?
    • doc_wellsy
    • By doc_wellsy 8th Mar 18, 8:19 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    doc_wellsy
    I just wanted a cash transfer and logged on to find that I don't have any offers at the moment. Damn, I thought. I was hoping to use some money for a car. So I rang them up, and hey presto, the lady on the phone suddenly discovered an offer for me which she could sort out over the phone. Problem solved. Previously had no balance on my card, had an offer the previous month (when there was a balance on my card) but nothing this month until I rang them.
    • Javens
    • By Javens 9th Mar 18, 12:41 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Javens
    I just phoned them to cancel my Platinum Travel Card, as I do not use it much and have a £5k limit on my credit rating.

Given 0% on purchases for 12 months and £20 to keep it open...
    • graemec23
    • By graemec23 12th Mar 18, 10:04 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    graemec23
    I have noticed that for the first time I can remember that I have no balance transfer offers from Barclaycard
    I could really do with one come the end of the month. Might give them a call as someone has suggested. Will let you know how it goes
    • Victoria25
    • By Victoria25 29th Mar 18, 1:30 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Victoria25
    I have ended up with two Platinum Barclaycards with £25k credit between them and only £750 on one, but no BT offers have been sent in months that I can recall. I used to be deluged with offers...
    Today I checked online and not seeing any offers couldn't quite believe this was true, so phoned to ask and was told there were no offers available for my account - maddening and inexplicable. The person I spoke to said perhaps there would be some next month.
    If I can't occasionally transfer a balance I will definitely think about closing one of the accounts as there seems no point in keeping these cards with higher interest rates than most if there are no interest-free spells.
    • Chrysalis
    • By Chrysalis 29th Mar 18, 2:29 PM
    • 2,214 Posts
    • 1,057 Thanks
    Chrysalis
    I just checked online and initially thought the same, seems they changed the page a bit.

The main page was blank but is a "straight to your offers" button.

I clicked it and have these offers for BT.

0% interest until 1 June 2019 - 1.9% fee applies
    0% interest until 1 July 2019 - 1.9% fee applies
    6.9% interest until paid in full - 2.9% fee applies

For money transfer

0% interest until 1 January 2019 - 1.9% fee applies
    • Victoria25
    • By Victoria25 30th Mar 18, 11:37 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Victoria25
    Definitely no offers for my account I've been told by customer services this morning - they phoned me back as I said I wanted to query / complain about not being able to do a balance transfer, but nothing has changed. Apparently there is nothing wrong with the way I run my account, it is paid off in full, I never miss a payment and have had the card over 30 years - but still no BT offers.
    Any thoughts anyone? Feel inclined to cancel the card but as I've just moved and may need the 13k spare capacity for building work etc that feels like shooting myself in the foot.
    • maxximus75
    • By maxximus75 30th Mar 18, 11:23 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    maxximus75
    I have the same issue with no offers. I used to get them all of the time but nothing for the past year.

Just keep the account open and apply for a different card with another lender.

Remember to use it to pay for something every couple of months and set up full payment by direct debit to keep it active.
    • flower77g
    • By flower77g 31st Mar 18, 12:15 AM
    • 75 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    flower77g
    I see offers but worse than Chrysalis

For BT

0% interest until 30 April 2019 - 1.9% fee applies
    6.9% interest until paid in full - 2.9% fee applies

No MT
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

874Posts Today

6,778Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin