IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

How long to set aside a CCJ

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Google:

parking prankster contact me

Very well done, another shining example, like in saggi's case and others, on how to get this scam set aside and your £255 back! Which court? Just wondering if it was one we know to be anti-PPC/defendant friendly?

:D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    birdmanT wrote: »
    Thank you both.

Forgive my ignorance, but how do I let the Prankster know?

prankster@parking-prankster.com
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • birdmanT
    birdmanT Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    It was Reading County Court. The judge was very kind as I said and complimentary about my witness statement.
  • birdmanT
    Options
    A cheque arrived in the post last week from CEL. They paid quickly. Job done.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Very pleased to hear it, and they are out of pocket by £255 to unpick their own scam!

:beer:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    £255 is a mere trifle when set against the worry, the stress, the time. and sometimes the damage these ill founded CCJs can cause.

If it happened to me, I would be furious and probably hire a QC and go for big bucks compo. IMO the PPC got off very lightly indeed.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    £255 is a mere trifle when set against the worry, the stress, the time. and sometimes the damage these ill founded CCJs can cause.

If it happened to me, I would be furious and probably hire a QC and go for big bucks compo. IMO the PPC got off very lightly indeed.

Even more galling TD is that the £255 is merely the repayment of what the OP had to first lay out to apply for the set-aside. This isn't an award for any damages/distress!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • If it happened to me, I would be furious and probably hire a QC and go for big bucks compo

And you'd fail to recover the brief fee you incurred on the basis that to do so was disproportionate to the matters in dispute.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 6 September 2017 at 9:37AM
    Options
    I am well aware of that Jonersh, but as I have said many times before, I put principal far above pounds shillings and pence.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Johnersh wrote: »
    And you'd fail to recover the brief fee you incurred on the basis that to do so was disproportionate to the matters in dispute.

All parking tickets then. Sadly the SC wrongly thought it was OK.

Now the scammers use the courts as a public toilet ?

Tell me Johnersh, I understand you are are a solicitor ? How
    do you feel about the rogue trader solicitors who operate
    within your industry
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family