Blocking unwanted spam & selling mails on iPad

Primrose
Primrose Posts: 10,620
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
Forumite
Is there any way of doing this?
My laptop email system catches most of it but as I'm increasingly using my Apple iPad on the move for email and being inundated with unwanted spamming emails I wonder If there's any filtering system and ways of blocking senders. Thanks.

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Swap to the mail.ru app
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Thank you but could you please be a little more specific as to what exactly it does. i'm no techie as you obviously are!
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    It deals with spam more efficiently , the Apple one has NO Spam filters, this one does
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • DavidP24
    DavidP24 Posts: 957 Forumite
    Right now you collect your mail from a one provider or another, e.g. Yahoo or maybe your own domain.

If you put Gmail in between your email account and your iPad it will filter out the vast majority.

All you do is create a gmail account, then configure it to collect your email from your mail provider, then you change your iPad so it collects it from gmail, it can still send email from your usual addrress.

Once you have gmail it will mark what it thinks is spam and put it in junk folder (so not downloaded), if it misses one you just login to gmail online and mark it as junk so that gmail learns .
    Thanks, don't you just hate people with sigs !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure