Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 17th May 17, 3:53 PM
    • 91Posts
    • 24Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier OneSelect
    • 17th May 17, 3:53 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier OneSelect 17th May 17 at 3:53 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

OneSelect

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 5
    • nigelbb
    • By nigelbb 6th Nov 18, 12:27 PM
    • 2,032 Posts
    • 2,827 Thanks
    nigelbb
    I wouldn't hold your breath. Deloitte LLP are the appointed administrators and a major part of their work will be the recovery of all monies owed to Iresa. Your case could become an interesting test of The Back Billing Code.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    I gave final meter readings & informed Iresa in August 2017 that I was moving out & cancelled my Direct Debit. I was expecting a final bill but it never arrived. As it's now over a year later under the backbilling rules I don't believe that they can bill me.

TBH I would have been happy to pay if they had sent me a bill but I'm really not going to chase them up & demand they send me a final bill.
    Last edited by nigelbb; 06-11-2018 at 12:29 PM.
    • Agram
    • By Agram 9th Nov 18, 12:58 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Agram
    Do not worry, any credit you have is protected by Ofgem under its SoLR programme.
    Originally posted by Mister G

For anyone wanting to read up on it.
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/extra-help-energy-services/ofgem-safety-net-if-your-energy-supplier-goes-out-business

Nearing 6 weeks since I left and I'm no closer to getting a final bill and credit refund.

OneSelect website contact point always down for maintenance when I check, and telephone support always stuck on hold for 10+ minutes before I hang up.

I wouldn't recommend joining them.
    • merchcon55
    • By merchcon55 9th Nov 18, 1:31 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    merchcon55
    I logged into my account, went to Enquiries, sent them a message around 8AM this morning, and had a reply at 11:30AM.

So at least for me, being able to contact them is not an issue.
    • Agram
    • By Agram 9th Nov 18, 2:36 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Agram
    I still get the message below, in bold, when visit enquiries. But shouldn't be linked to not answering email or telephone.

Enquiries

Please note that the system is currently undergoing necessary maintenance. Please try again later. We thank you for your patience and apologise for any inconvenience this update may cause.
    • merchcon55
    • By merchcon55 10th Nov 18, 11:04 AM
    • 74 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    merchcon55
    Just a thought, perhaps because you are no longer an active customer, even though you can log into your account, maybe enquiries directly from your account no longer possible??

I am crossing fingers they stay in business through the winter - whatever happens after that, c'est la vie.

The business model for these smaller firms blows up in a continually rising priced Energy market. Of note, US Oil price has come down 10 days in a row - 1st time in 34 years ! How that translates into Gas and Electricity prices - well that's a different story.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 10th Nov 18, 1:46 PM
    • 6,542 Posts
    • 4,197 Thanks
    Hengus
    Just a thought, perhaps because you are no longer an active customer, even though you can log into your account, maybe enquiries directly from your account no longer possible??

I am crossing fingers they stay in business through the winter - whatever happens after that, c'est la vie.

The business model for these smaller firms blows up in a continually rising priced Energy market. Of note, US Oil price has come down 10 days in a row - 1st time in 34 years ! How that translates into Gas and Electricity prices - well that's a different story.
    Originally posted by merchcon55
    The wholesale price of gas and electricity now equates for about 33p in every £ that we pay our suppliers.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 10th Nov 18, 10:51 PM
    • 16,200 Posts
    • 23,068 Thanks
    antrobus
    The wholesale price of gas and electricity now equates for about 33p in every £ that we pay our suppliers.
    OFGEM says it was more like 36p. At least for the Big Six.
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/infographic-bills-prices-and-profits

But, yes it's only part of the equation.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 11th Nov 18, 9:27 AM
    • 6,542 Posts
    • 4,197 Thanks
    Hengus
    OFGEM says it was more like 36p. At least for the Big Six.
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/infographic-bills-prices-and-profits

But, yes it's only part of the equation.
    Originally posted by antrobus
    Fair enough. Different sources: different figures. The point still stands that changes in wholesale prices are not the only driver of increased energy costs. For example, the costs associated with the recent batch of failed suppliers will be added to our bills over the coming year or so. I dread to think what the final bill for smart meters will be. This is not good news for those who are struggling to pay their energy bills.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 11th Nov 18, 4:42 PM
    • 16,200 Posts
    • 23,068 Thanks
    antrobus
    Fair enough. Different sources: different figures. The point still stands that changes in wholesale prices are not the only driver of increased energy costs. For example, the costs associated with the recent batch of failed suppliers will be added to our bills over the coming year or so. I dread to think what the final bill for smart meters will be. This is not good news for those who are struggling to pay their energy bills.
    I was agreeing with you.

As to the "costs associated with the recent batch of failed suppliers"; the cost of the OFGEM safety net will presumably be recouped through the licence fee, but most of the cost will fall on the creditors of the failed suppliers.

As to smart meters, I know not. I've not heard a peep about smart meters from any of the small suppliers I have been with over the past few years. They may not have the same obligations. Perhaps that's one reason why they are cheaper?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

153Posts Today

1,435Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin