Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Danknott15
    • By Danknott15 17th May 17, 11:48 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Danknott15
    Vanquish debt prior to legal action letter
    • 17th May 17, 11:48 AM
    Vanquish debt prior to legal action letter 17th May 17 at 11:48 AM
    Good morning, I've been a long time admirer of this forum and used its advice but I now need personal help. I received a parking notice in August for parking slightly over the white line whilst in Blackpool. Once the letter came through I read up about it online and that you shoulf ignore all letters until court papers arrive.
    I'm now at the stage where vanquish debt have sent me a letter today that is titled 'Prior to legal action'. What do I do? I don't want this going to court, am I best just to pay the fine?
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Feb 18, 9:06 PM
    • 56,059 Posts
    • 69,731 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Search the forum for 'solicitors immune' but you will have to change the standard letter you find (used umpteen times!) to remove reference to them as solicitors, because they are not.

Show us your version
    I did tell you what to change, even though it's smack bang obvious, so I nearly didn't type it because anyone can see what to change. Wonder why I bother sometimes!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Danknott15
    • By Danknott15 1st Feb 18, 9:43 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Danknott15
    I literally only copied that to make sure it was the right one. I'm presuming change the solicitor to debt collector?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 1st Feb 18, 9:52 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,295 Thanks
    pappa golf
    and make sure that the wording is applicable to DEBT COLLECTORS
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 1st Feb 18, 10:39 PM
    • 6,558 Posts
    • 5,715 Thanks
    KeithP
    I no longer repeat myself.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 1st Feb 18, 11:18 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,295 Thanks
    pappa golf
    I no longer repeat myself.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    what you say , sorry ?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 1st Feb 18, 11:24 PM
    • 2,571 Posts
    • 3,200 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    he is talking to Danknott15 who has yet to edit a post

Ralph
    • Danknott15
    • By Danknott15 2nd Feb 18, 7:57 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Danknott15
    Any chance you can help with how to edit the post? I can't see any options to do it?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 2nd Feb 18, 8:53 AM
    • 2,210 Posts
    • 2,614 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    You need to look at this on a fulll browser, not on a phone.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 2nd Feb 18, 11:59 AM
    • 9,003 Posts
    • 8,659 Thanks
    The Deep
    You are dealing with a tangled web of small companies with few assets. I very much doubt that they would have the ability to mount a successful claim against you.

Even if they do try court, they will probably engage down market solicitors who will mess things up anyway. Just keep poking your stick in the Debt Collectors eyes.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Danknott15
    • By Danknott15 11th Feb 18, 3:27 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Danknott15
    Hi thanks for the help previously. They have just responded to my reply to them if somebody could help out what I do next would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your email.

Please find below details of the Parking Charge:

PCN details
    Enforcement/Ticket Type PCN (Drive Off)
    POPLA Verification Code
    Site Crystal Road Car Park
    Site code PAR0081-65
    Issue date & time
    Contravention date & time
    Contravention Not parked fully within the confines of a marked bay
    VRM
    Make VW
    Model golf
    Colours Silver

To view photographic evidence please visit the website and enter your PCN number and registration.

I have attached copies of all correspondence sent to you regarding this matter. Debt Logic is a trading name for Vanquish Debt Recovery Ltd - our previous correspondence was from Vanquish. Please note that landowner contracts and site maps will be available nearer to time as we do not hold these on file due to data protection.
    Last edited by Danknott15; 11-02-2018 at 4:00 PM.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 11th Feb 18, 3:34 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,295 Thanks
    pappa golf
    now remove the popla code number , your vrn and time/date
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 11th Feb 18, 3:37 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,295 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Hi thanks for the help previously. They have just responded to my reply to them if somebody could help out what I do next would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your email.

Please find below details of the Parking Charge:

PCN details
    Enforcement/Ticket Type PCN (Drive Off)
    POPLA Verification Code
    Site Crystal Road Car Park
    Site code
    Issue date & time
    Contravention date & time
    Contravention Not parked fully within the confines of a marked bay

Make VW
    Model golf
    Colours Silver

To view photographic evidence please visit the website and enter your PCN number and registration.

I have attached copies of all correspondence sent to you regarding this matter. Debt Logic is a trading name for Vanquish Debt Recovery Ltd -and PARKING AWARENESS SERVICES LTD our previous correspondence was from Vanquish. Please note that landowner contracts and site maps will be available nearer to time as we do not hold these on file due to data protection.
    Originally posted by Danknott15

tangled web of deceit
    Last edited by pappa golf; 11-02-2018 at 4:07 PM.
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Feb 18, 3:37 PM
    • 6,558 Posts
    • 5,715 Thanks
    KeithP
    Why do you keep repeating information that can identify you?

Your vehicle reg no now appears in two of your posts.

Now you have posted a PoPLA code and your PCN number - all the information needed for some unscrupulous person to 'appeal' on your behalf and sell you down the river.

Good luck - if you are going to continue to ignore advice given then you'll need it.
    • Danknott15
    • By Danknott15 11th Feb 18, 4:01 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Danknott15
    Both posts now edited, no need to be rude about it though. Can anybody actually give me advice rather then flag up things wrong with my posts?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Feb 18, 4:18 PM
    • 56,059 Posts
    • 69,731 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Debt Logic is a trading name for Vanquish Debt Recovery Ltd - our previous correspondence was from Vanquish.
    Ask them to explain why Matthew Wild was a Director of the supposedly separate 'debt collector' Vanquish, as well as PAS, and how this misleading correspondence differs from the Wonga debacle:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/jun/25/wonga-compensation-bill-unfair-misleading-practices

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Parking_Awareness_Services.html

Please note that landowner contracts and site maps will be available nearer to time as we do not hold these on file due to data protection.
    Ask them to explain how a redacted copy of a landowner contract breaches DPA rukes.

And how on earth do they contend that a site map of signage breaks DPA rules?

Suggest that they have not got a site map of signs at all. Give them 14 days to produce it.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

906Posts Today

6,100Users online

Martin's Twitter