IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Fine from Civil Enforcment **HELP**

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ^^ Agree ^^
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • kayjones83
    Options
    Ok will do . Thank you!
  • kayjones83
    kayjones83 Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi All,

I have just received a Claim form which has the county court stamp on it.

Is this something I should now take seriously?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 April 2018 at 8:17PM
    Options
    kayjones83 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Should I really take that question seriously?

If so, then the answer is yes.

You need to re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to discover how to deal with it.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    kayjones83 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Obviously yes.

But no more questions needed, we have so many CEL claim threads on here, all won with a decent template defence, that all you need to do is copy one. NO LINKS NEEDED, LOOK AROUND!

Read the NEWBIES thread post #2 about what happens when. Do the AOS first, of course (no asking what that is...all is revealed in a pictogram walk through, in the sticky thread).

Then you defend by email to the CCBC like everyone else does, and in the end you win but you'll know that, from reading all the other discontinued CEL claim threads.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • kayjones83
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the advice but I am struggling. This has become very overwhelming as I!!!8217;m finding this all very hard to understand .
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    which is what every newbie says when faced with this topic that they havent been through before

that is why there is free help and advice in that NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, in post #2

you wont get BETTER HELP even if you paid for it , so you need to do the AOS and then sit down with a cuppa and read through it slowly, also reading through a dozen similar threads with ongoing court claims

you will then see its a similar process for all and 90% of the work has already been done for you

bear in mind when you learnt to drive it took several or many lessons, usually more than one test and rome wasnt built in a day

read through that post #2 , then read through any recent court claim threads from the last 2 months or so, from this very forum

if you are using an apple device, turn off SMART PUNCTUATION as its ruining your posts

ideally , use a laptop for this
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You have already been told that first you need to do the AoS - Acknowledgement of Service.

Go to post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ thread and find the text: "Here is a guide to MCOL & how to acknowledge service".
    Immediately following that is a link to a Dropbox file explaining in pictures how to do the AoS.

But wake up!

No-one is going to repeat all of post #2 of the NEWBIES thread here line by line.
  • kayjones83
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I definitely need to take my time and go through it all. Thanks again
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Be thankful it's only CEL, you have the one that doesn't go to a hearing, and if you search the forum for the words CEL crayon you will see how easy this is...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure