Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kayjones83
    • By kayjones83 16th May 17, 5:42 PM
    • 58Posts
    • 17Thanks
    kayjones83
    Fine from Civil Enforcment **HELP**
    • 16th May 17, 5:42 PM
    Fine from Civil Enforcment **HELP** 16th May 17 at 5:42 PM
    Hi all,

Is this a legit company?

Address-Civil Enforcement Ltd Horton House Exchange flags. Liverpool L2 3PF.

I received PCN letter on the 22nd March from stating that I failed to pay & display a parking ticket. I wrote an appeal letter along with proof of purchase of the parking ticket.
    I had not heard back from the till yesterday of which I received a final warning letter stating that I have to pay 100.
    I managed to get through to the company via phone and the lady stated that they had responded to my appeal via post stating the reason for the fine was because I did not put my registration details into the machine. Just to add, I did not receive that letter. How convenient!

I clearly remember putting in my details , plus the machine would not have issued me a ticket if I hadn't of done so.

I've been doing a lot of research on these dodgy companies and I noticed that forums have advised people not to respond. Should I have done?

What should I do now? :S

HELP!
    Last edited by kayjones83; 16-05-2017 at 5:47 PM.
Page 6
    • kayjones83
    • By kayjones83 11th Jun 18, 6:56 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    kayjones83
    Ok thanks KeithP!
    • kayjones83
    • By kayjones83 6th Aug 18, 12:29 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    kayjones83
    Hi all,

So I have received a court date for September.

Can I confirm the following:

1. I have to send over my statement with evidence to the court assigned and the Claimant no later than 14 days prior to court hearing?

2. My argument will be that there was an error with the payment machine because my registration number was printed incorrectly after having entered them it in correctly. Is there anything that I could mentioned that could help with my argument?

3. Will I be able to request a refund for my travel as well as 95 for lost earnings if I win the case?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Aug 18, 12:48 PM
    • 18,840 Posts
    • 29,639 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    3. Will I be able to request a refund for my travel as well as 95 for lost earnings if I win the case?
    Actual cost of transport if using public transport or 45p per mile if driving. Plus your car parking charges for the day.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 06-08-2018 at 2:40 PM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th Aug 18, 1:00 PM
    • 9,964 Posts
    • 9,752 Thanks
    The Deep
    You should consider asking the judge for exemplary damages due to theur unreasonable behaviour. If you have supplied proof of payent, and they have nevertheless wasted your time, then, in my opinion, they have behaved unreasonably and wasted the Court's time.

Judges are often reluctant to award such costs, but if you do not ask !!!8230;

Google CPR 27.14(2)(g)
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • kayjones83
    • By kayjones83 14th Aug 18, 9:03 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    kayjones83
    Apologies for my late reply and thank you for your advice.
    In regards to sending over my supporting evidence-is it 14 working days or just 14 days?
    • kayjones83
    • By kayjones83 14th Aug 18, 9:29 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    kayjones83
    I'm unable to include a witness statement as it was only me and my younger niece in the vehicle at the time.
    Would it be ok to send a brief summary about my case along with supporting evidence?
    Is it worth including any legal points?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 14th Aug 18, 9:34 AM
    • 9,964 Posts
    • 9,752 Thanks
    The Deep
    Judges are often reluctant to award such costs, but if you do not ask !!!8230;

Why do I see !!!8230? I did not type it, I am using a proper lap top.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Aug 18, 9:36 AM
    • 18,840 Posts
    • 29,639 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I'm unable to include a witness statement as it was only me and my younger niece in the vehicle at the time.
    Would it be ok to send a brief summary about my case along with supporting evidence?
    Is it worth including any legal points?
    Originally posted by kayjones83
    In almost all private parking company court cases there's only ever one witness - that's the Defendant (so you).
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • kayjones83
    • By kayjones83 14th Aug 18, 9:48 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    kayjones83
    *Covers face*
    @Umkomaas thank you!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Aug 18, 9:51 AM
    • 36,802 Posts
    • 20,920 Thanks
    Quentin
    In regards to sending over my supporting evidence-is it 14 working days or just 14 days?
    Originally posted by kayjones83
    The latter.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Aug 18, 7:13 PM
    • 59,919 Posts
    • 73,086 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    So I have received a court date for September.
    Let's see your WS and evidence then.

Examples are in the NEWBIES thread second post, where bargepole already tells you in a 'what happens when' linked thread, that YOU are the witness. If you had re-read that thread you would have known that and would have seen how to write it.

There are several WS examples there too and a short list of possible evidence.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,107Posts Today

8,886Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin