Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • anniebea
    • By anniebea 12th May 17, 2:40 PM
    • 70Posts
    • 22Thanks
    anniebea
    Volvo Finance /Ford Credit Resolver Tool
    • 12th May 17, 2:40 PM
    Volvo Finance /Ford Credit Resolver Tool 12th May 17 at 2:40 PM
    I purchased a car in 2006 and PPI was included in the repayments The finance was done through Volvo finance. I want to make a claim using the Resolver tool on MSE website.

There is no Volvo Finance on the tool, but I have been told that they have been taken over by Ford Credit but I cant find Ford Credit as a company to make the claim against on the Resolver Tool either.

Any one got any suggestions?
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th May 17, 3:52 PM
    • 93,390 Posts
    • 60,892 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th May 17, 3:52 PM
    • 12th May 17, 3:52 PM
    You send your complaint to the car dealer. Not the finance company.

In most cases, the dealer has the complaint liability. Only in some cases, does the car finance have the liability but if that is the case, the dealer will be required to forward the complaint on.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • anniebea
    • By anniebea 12th May 17, 4:02 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    anniebea
    • 12th May 17, 4:02 PM
    • 12th May 17, 4:02 PM
    What if that dealer isn't there any more - Do I send it to the head office?
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th May 17, 4:28 PM
    • 93,390 Posts
    • 60,892 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th May 17, 4:28 PM
    • 12th May 17, 4:28 PM
    What if that dealer isn't there any more - Do I send it to the head office?
    Originally posted by anniebea
    Was the dealer part of a larger chain? (i.e. a lot of dealers are multiple branches and some have been closing the smaller branches to open larger branches in the bigger towns etc). If that is the case, you can send it to their main office.

Ultimately, if you cannot find out if there is a parent company then send it to the finance company and if they have liabilty, then they will deal with it. If they dont, they will send it on to who does.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • anniebea
    • By anniebea 25th Jun 17, 10:19 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    anniebea
    • 25th Jun 17, 10:19 PM
    • 25th Jun 17, 10:19 PM
    Volvo Credit is now owned by Ford Credit - I made a claim against them as the dealer is no longer trading.

Ford Credit have said they cannot deal with it and I should pursue it with the Financial service compensation scheme.

Is that the correct place as the company that sold it wasn't a finance company but a car dealer.

thanks.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 25th Jun 17, 10:51 PM
    • 93,390 Posts
    • 60,892 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 25th Jun 17, 10:51 PM
    • 25th Jun 17, 10:51 PM
    Volvo Credit is now owned by Ford Credit - I made a claim against them as the dealer is no longer trading.
    The dealer has the responsibility in most cases. Not the lender as mentioned higher up.
    Ford Credit have said they cannot deal with it and I should pursue it with the Financial service compensation scheme.
    That is incorrect. When a firm is no longer trading, the FOS has no ability to review a complaint. However, the FSCS is available if the PPI was purchased after January 2005. If before, then its game over. You said 2006 in your original post. So, the FSCS is whom you should now go to.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 25th Jun 17, 11:16 PM
    • 20,619 Posts
    • 11,474 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 25th Jun 17, 11:16 PM
    • 25th Jun 17, 11:16 PM
    Originally posted by anniebea

That is incorrect. When a firm is no longer trading, the FOS has no ability to review a complaint. However, the FSCS is available if the PPI was purchased after January 2005. You said 2006 in your original post. So, the FSCS is whom you should now go to.
    Originally posted by dunstonh
    I believe the OP said that they were told to approach the FSCS and that it is indeed correct?

You should probably edit your post accordingly, Dunstonh
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 26th Jun 17, 10:00 AM
    • 93,390 Posts
    • 60,892 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 26th Jun 17, 10:00 AM
    • 26th Jun 17, 10:00 AM
    I swear it said ombudsman. Never mind. FSCS is correct.
    • BJD2424
    • By BJD2424 7th Jul 18, 2:48 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BJD2424
    • 7th Jul 18, 2:48 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 2:48 PM
    I also purchased a car in 2002 form a Volvo dealer in Wakefield (who are still trading), they also pushed me to finance the purchase with Volvo Car Finance which included PPI. I have a copy of a bank statement showing the direct debit to Volvo Car Finance but I have no account number or any other information. Could anyone on here please tell me who I should be complaining to and what I should be asking them or is there a template on here I could use or would I be just wasting my time.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 7th Jul 18, 3:39 PM
    • 4,931 Posts
    • 2,986 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    I also purchased a car in 2002 form a Volvo dealer in Wakefield (who are still trading), they also pushed me to finance the purchase with Volvo Car Finance which included PPI. I have a copy of a bank statement showing the direct debit to Volvo Car Finance but I have no account number or any other information. Could anyone on here please tell me who I should be complaining to and what I should be asking them or is there a template on here I could use or would I be just wasting my time.
    Originally posted by BJD2424
    If you had ppi and feel you were miss-sold then complain to the person who sold it to you i.e. dealer. They will dismiss it as pre-regulation and then your complaint is over as car dealerships were not regulated in 2002
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,041Posts Today

8,502Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • How do you maintain performance at work when under pressure?... What about you? Part 2 of my bit of the? https://t.co/G5Cej3GYuz

• What does resilience mean to you? For me it?s understanding my own limitations, physically and mentally? What about? https://t.co/CuuRLoQFTr

• Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• Follow Martin