Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 11th May 17, 6:12 PM
    • 1,901Posts
    • 2,036Thanks
    Kim_13
    Three 321 Axing free 150MB with Top-ups from 23 May
    • 11th May 17, 6:12 PM
    Three 321 Axing free 150MB with Top-ups from 23 May 11th May 17 at 6:12 PM
    Just got a text from them about this, directing users to this page: http://bit.ly/2qulZ7U

Having looked on Three's site for their current tariffs, they appear to be replacing the 150MB with 10MB, so I would have a lot more respect for them if they said they needed to save money and had taken this step to avoid raising their per unit rates. See here: http://www.three.co.uk/Support/pay_as_you_go/Phone_tariffs .

They could also have added some clarity to the announcement (the new 10MB I presume, and whether (as it seems) you can get more 150MB's if topping up before that date.)

I'm now in two minds whether to stay with them or not as I have been putting up with a quite poor signal at home because of the price (the 150MB was enough to for it to cost me nothing when I occasionally need to use the internet away from WiFi.)
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /100
    VSP 2018 #9 ~ 19.55/180.00
    CCCC 2018 #1 ~ 20.75/180.00
Page 2
    • Mellick
    • By Mellick 16th May 17, 9:48 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Mellick
    The account ceases (I guess) after 120 days if you don't top it up, not so good for occasional use, although for regular users 1p/min is good.

4p/min calling and 1p/min to receive calls roaming in the EU, I wonder what their tariff will be in mid June when EU roaming should cost no more that calls in the UK? EE have hiked their SIM only prices by a huge amount in the past few days and 1pmobile use the EE network...
    Originally posted by Frozen_up_north
    1pMobile will be offering Roam Like At Home rates from the 1st June and it will be 1p a minute for calls, 1p a text and 1p a MB with no charge to receive a call in Zone 1 countries (EU countries). Their data boosts can also be used whilst roaming.
    Last edited by Mellick; 16-05-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    • Roger1
    • By Roger1 16th May 17, 10:03 AM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 616 Thanks
    Roger1
    They ...
    Originally posted by Mellick
    Who are 'they'?

Not Three, I guess. Probably 1pmobile?
    • Mellick
    • By Mellick 16th May 17, 10:33 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Mellick
    Who are 'they'?

Not Three, I guess. Probably 1pmobile?
    Originally posted by Roger1
    Yeah that's what I meant. Have edited previous post for clarity ;-)
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 12th Apr 18, 2:46 PM
    • 7,654 Posts
    • 4,285 Thanks
    buglawton
    Thought I'd resurrect this thread because today I topped up the mrs phone with 15 and noticed a 150MB allowance with 1 month expiry appeared just like in the old days of 150MB free for any Three PAYG top up. No mention on Three site about this offer having been restored.

So I then topped my own up with 5 and for me, 150MB too.
    If the offer is really back then it's going to be 5 topups in future not bigger ones

Anyone know what's happening here?
    • SW42
    • By SW42 16th Apr 18, 10:13 AM
    • 489 Posts
    • 8,250 Thanks
    SW42
    Thought I'd resurrect this thread because today I topped up the mrs phone with 15 and noticed a 150MB allowance with 1 month expiry appeared just like in the old days of 150MB free for any Three PAYG top up. No mention on Three site about this offer having been restored.

So I then topped my own up with 5 and for me, 150MB too.
    If the offer is really back then it's going to be 5 topups in future not bigger ones

Anyone know what's happening here?
    Originally posted by buglawton
    Same for me Nice little surprise! I hadn't heard anything either but I'm not complaining
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

269Posts Today

3,833Users online

Martin's Twitter