Did you win a copy of 'One Pound Meals' in the MSE Giveaway Competition?

Comments

• lilias
    lilias Posts: 7,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I would just like to say that I'm really enjoying this thread. What will our intrepid heroine discover next? :)
  • LisaKent
    LisaKent Posts: 16 Forumite
    Yes - It wasn't signed by the author (not a printed signature)
    HaHa! Love it!

Fred&Wilma an Intrepid Heroine! Brilliant!
    Glad you're enjoying the thread!

Perhaps Fred&Wilma will respond later, could be currently solving another mystery!

Lisa x
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Fredandwilma could also be an intrepid hero?

Some people may wonder why I'm going to so much trouble regarding an "unsigned" book which costs £4.99 on Amazon.

However, I entered a competition to win a "signed" copy of a book, which was well publicised as such, (whatever a "signed" copy, may be).

On reflection, I know who has sent the "signed" copy by Migeul.

There could be several reasons why it was signed by Migeul.

I can quite understand the wall of silence from MSE. After all, they are not going to commit to any sort of answer. Which is a shame, as this could have been resolved by the promoter quite easily, and i would have been happy with whatever reply given, whatever the outcome.

I'm surprised other potential winners haven't replied. It would be interesting to know if others won a copy and if it was a "signed" copy?

However, there is still recourse for "compers" if you feel you have entered a competition which didn't quite live up to expectations.

I shall update if or when i have any further news, (if I'm not ppr'd for my investigations).

Maybe i should say goodbye, now? :wave:

I would like to say, I'm by no means a trouble causer. After all, it's a site for consumers.

On balance, you could say it's unfortunate i won a copy in the first place, given the chances of that happening?

Ttfn

f&w
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • lilias
    lilias Posts: 7,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry for assuming you were female.

I should make it clear that I wasn't being sarcastic. I, too, feel very strongly that what you are promised is what you should get. It's a contract between you and the people running the competition and nobody should break a contract, and that includes MSE
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 May 2017 at 1:19PM
    When you do a poll, I think you are supposed to give more options than

"Yes I was disappointed"

What about

"No" I won a cookbook, I have received it and now I have moved on to bigger and better things :T
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    lilias wrote: »
    Sorry for assuming you were female.

I should make it clear that I wasn't being sarcastic. I, too, feel very strongly that what you are promised is what you should get. It's a contract between you and the people running the competition and nobody should break a contract, and that includes MSE

Hi,

That's ok, I haven't taken offence and thanks for the encouraging words, with which i agree. If there was a problem, you would expect any company to at least respond and / or look into issues raised?

I feel the lack of response to my query is no different to the issues we all use this site for, everyday? It's no different to any company not replying to issues raised.

Not only that, it's almost impossible to get in touch with anyone with any clear authority, in the company.

I don't expect there's any chance of winning a Newshound badge? :D
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • Good grief is this thread still going on? and now it's a poll as well!! It IS hilarious though.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Competition prizes..... the gift that keeps taking ....

:)
  • I can't honestly say that I'd noticed my book wasn't signed and it doesn't really bother me. But, if you're promised something and it isn't as described, even if it is free, I think you have the right to complain or at least make the person / organisation aware of the mistake.

Hope you're reading this MSE!
  • Frankie56
    Frankie56 Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I noticed this post the other day but didn't reply as it doesn't bother me whether my copy was signed or not. I've just logged in and found I've got a private message from Lisa Kent to let me know I might be interested in this post. I'm not. It's a very good book with some lovely recipes and I'm very happy with it. I didn't enter the competition to win a signature but to win a cookery book.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure