Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi :wave: three days in a row posting.. it's like i'm a regular! :rotfl:
    Shala was it you I saw posting on Instagram yesterday about the pot noodles? They looked really good, what a shame you didn't enjoy it!

Yes, I think maybe if I tweaked them a bit then they'd be ok. It said to put half a chicken stock cube in and it was just too salty and chicken-y :(

How are you liking the shredded beetroot Tete? It's my new favourite find but I didn't realise it had syns in it :( thanks for mentioning it in your menu.

Well done cazza :T
    bubbs wrote: »
    Can i ask a question, you all might go urghhhh:rotfl:
    That steak we just had for tea , had a lovely bit of fat on it:D do you all resist and not eat it or do you give in to temptation?

I personally can't eat it even if not following SW _pale_ you could syn it if you are going to eat it but not sure how many syns it would be.
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great result cassa :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 May 2017 at 9:44PM
    Hi all, I forgot to post this morning but todays food was:
    B: Cup of tea with half allowance HEx A Milk
    L: Soup (HEx B), melon FF yog & berries
    D: HM Turkey casserole with lots of speed, with brocoli & rice.
    Snacks: 2 mini crispy squares (5) boiled egg. 25g Feta cheese (remaining HExA)

Thanks to the poster who suggested boiled eggs as a snack. I always find that I'm really hungry at 5pm when I get in from work & fruit will just not fill the gap.

Weigh in day for me tomorrow. I've been pretty good this week & stuck to plan. I've also done week 1 of C25K. But I don't feel thinner/ lighter so I'm not hopeful :(
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    That's a good Super 6 from Aldi this week - don't need tomatoes and don't really like apples so won't bother with them, although may need tomatoes next week.

Thanks Bubbs for posting - it's useful to know what the Super 6 is before I go shopping but don't always think to check the website on Wednesday evening!

Denise
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Hi, everybody, this will be my Thursday menu plan...E E

Breakfast.. porridge A/B mixed berries.

Lunch.. bacon and beans on toast 6 syns tomatoes. Melon

Dinner..chicken fillet, s/w chips garden peas tomatoes clementine.

Extra.. f f yoghurt. 2 Ryvita 3 syns ciottage cheese

Anyone know if f f cottage cheese is free and can it be eaten anytime ??
    9 syns..
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    shala_moo wrote: »
    Hi :wave: three days in a row posting.. it's like i'm a regular! :rotfl:

Yes, I think maybe if I tweaked them a bit then they'd be ok. It said to put half a chicken stock cube in and it was just too salty and chicken-y :(

How are you liking the shredded beetroot Tete? It's my new favourite find but I didn't realise it had syns in it :( thanks for mentioning it in your menu.

Well done cazza :T

I personally can't eat it even if not following SW _pale_ you could syn it if you are going to eat it but not sure how many syns it would be.
    It just gives that delicious bit of umph:rotfl::rotfl:maybe next time, i cut it off everything else
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Moneysaverme
    Moneysaverme Posts: 284 Forumite
    WIZKID,

Low fat/virtually ff cottage cheese is FREE. If it's flavoured but low fat/ff then its half a syn per 100g according to the website. Hope this helps.

I'm still on track since Sunday and have been checking the scales daily. It's looking good!

I loved the kitchen cupboards being closed for business quote, think it was Curl Girl. Made me chuckle.

Keep going all x
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 May 2017 at 2:56PM
    Today's menu;

Breakfast:bacon,eggs,tomatoes,fried onion,baked beans

Lunch:3 Heck sausages(2 syns),plum tomatoes,beetroot,carrot,red pepper

Snack: pear

Tea: chicken pieces and Bachelor's curry rice

Snacks: 2 Go Ahead yoghurt bars (7 syns)
    chocolate rice cakes (3.5 syns)

Have been having skimmed milk in cups of tea (HEA),and will have 2 Hi Fi bars for HEB later
    EDITED to add: didn't end up having Hi Fi bars,so no HEB today

Brisk walking 55 mintes (couple of walks to and from school)
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    These may be help to people

Aldi super 6 from 11-24 may all 65p blueberries 150g, royal gala apples min 5,white mushrooms 400g, sweetbite peppers 150g, cherry tomatoes 350g, jersey royal new potatoes 500g

Ooh this ooks like a fab selection! Normally I only like one or two things but these are all my faves - thanks!

Also Bubbs, I love a bit of fat on meat, even bacon rind! On SW I tend to buy the medallions but if a steak had a bit of fat on I'd eat it (best bit!). But then I'm hardly a shining SW success! :o My 82 yo gran has excellent cholesterol levels and amazed her doctor, and she puts it down to always eating the fat on things ...??
    shala_moo wrote: »

Ah persevere with the pot noodles, they'd be a great packed lunch option.

I use the Tesco Sweet Smoky stuff and it's 2 syns for the whole 180g pack - for me it's worth it for what it saves in the mess of grating your own. (Obvs pickled beetroot is free and speed though, eh Maman? ;))

No incidents on my run last night apart from being at the back all the way and feeling like an unfit heifer. This is with a group I used to keep up with no probs. It was very hilly and hot though so I'm pleased with my efforts.

Sneaky peek on the scales this morning is looking very promising but I think it may be a bit of dehydration from last night (so sweaty!).

Plan for today:
    B - Smoothie: Banana (4), frozen rasps (1), passion fruit (1 syn per 100g so must be like 1/4 syn per fruit - not synning it!), FF nat yog, ice, HEB worth of chia seeds, oats and flaked almonds. Also going to add a bit of frozen spinach - I'm assured you can't taste it.
    D - Austrian Hash: sweet potato, bacon, onion, grated carrots and smidge of grated courgette, mushrooms, egg
    T - Fishspiration (0.5), sauteed courgette and mushrooms
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - Oats, chia and flaked almond in smoothie
    Syns - Smoothie (5), sugar (3), fish (0.5), hot chocolate (2) = 10.5

Busy day of housework and job applications ahead, and going to a talk tonight so hopefully my mind won't be on food!

Have a good day all! x
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Morning all

I'm getting more than a little bit frustrated with my weight, I really expected miracles when I switched to WW but it's not happening. I've weighed everyday this week (I know) and nothing's changed - still the same as last week, which is 1lb more than when I started. :mad: I know I was off plan for a couple of days at the weekend but the worst thing I ate was a small slice of bakewell tart.

We've got friends coming to visit and we're going out for lunch with them today, which isn't going to help. All I can do is choose the healthiest option on the menu and hope something happens overnight. *shrugs*
    Can i ask a question, you all might go urghhhh:rotfl:
    That steak we just had for tea , had a lovely bit of fat on it:D do you all resist and not eat it or do you give in to temptation?

I'm with Shala on the fat thing and definitely in the 'urghhhh' camp! I've never liked fat and can't have a bacon butty out anywhere because I know there would be fat in it. DH laughs at me 'dissecting' meat to make sure I don't get a morsel of fat, and that's always been the case, on or off a diet.
    wizkid1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if f f cottage cheese is free and can it be eaten anytime ??

Fat free natural ones are free, the flavoured ones are synned.

Have a good day everyone, catch you later.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family