Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Noree
    • By Noree 26th Apr 17, 9:30 PM
    • 92Posts
    • 45Thanks
    Noree
    NGP - Company Vehicle
    • 26th Apr 17, 9:30 PM
    NGP - Company Vehicle 26th Apr 17 at 9:30 PM
    Hi all

I've been reading this forum for a while now and have had two 'charges' in the past. They've previously been ignored and then have effectively disappeared. Information that I've read on here in the past has really helped, so many thanks!

I've read the newbie section, but would like to see if anyone could assist on this occasion...

I now have a company/lease vehicle and received an email from a colleague in the office regarding a charge from New Generation Parking.

The notice is from the start of March, though I was only notified yesterday from work as they (apparently) knew nothing of it until yesterday. I would believe they had their details forwarded from the lease company from when the notice was originally sent out?! What is better is it's their final notice. So at some point, they must've perhaps sent the first invoice to the lease company, then now to my work.

There wasn't any notice stuck on my windscreen from the date of NGP's notice.

If it was my own vehicle, I couldn't care less and they could continue to bother me for as long as they wanted, but the newbie advice is to respond and fight back.

Due to my circumstances of late notice (no pun intended) on this matter, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Shall I respond and give them my details as the keeper of the vehicle? This may then ensure the rest of the dialogue doesn't interfere with the lease company or my work?!

Also, the pictures are really bad on the notice.

Could I argue that there's insufficient proof that it's my vehicle. They haven't even verified the vehicle from its chassis number.

These companies really are a jobsworth and bully many people into money. If I made a living off doing this, then I'd feel my earnings are tainted.

Perhaps I should just charge them £200 admin fee for every email I send them?!

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Noree; 27-04-2017 at 8:45 PM.
Page 4
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jan 18, 7:23 PM
    • 56,149 Posts
    • 69,807 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I am required to file all relevant info by 14 days beforehand.

Can I submit this via email
    Not by email to your local court, no. Yes to the other side (Claimant/their solicitor).
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 15-03-2018 at 8:49 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Noree
    • By Noree 28th Jan 18, 10:09 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Noree
    So my court hearing is under a week away and I!!!8217;ve got nothing from the parking company, as per the 14 day deadline set by the courts. I have submitted my WS plus what I shall rely upon to both the courts and the parking company within the time limit. I have checked with the courts and they have received my documentation, but nothing of the parking company.

Is this common? If so (and they turn up to the hearing), will the court strike out the claim as they!!!8217;ve not bothered with sending anything out to me/the courts prior to the hearing?

Or is this a classic indication that they won!!!8217;t be at court, despite paying the £25 fee?!

This all seems rather suspicious.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 28th Jan 18, 10:14 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,295 Thanks
    pappa golf
    £25 is less than that used in a poker game , and they are still trying it ,

bluff is the new word
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Jan 18, 10:28 PM
    • 56,149 Posts
    • 69,807 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It's likely they might try filing something very late. So the advice is usually to write a polite letter to the Judge named on the allocation letter, with the claim number on it, and submit a copy of your costs schedule. Say that no WS or evidence has been filed by this claimant and you assert that they have wasted months of your time for a claim where they've shown no evidence whatsoever. And you want to alert the court to the fact that you are distressed, have still seen no evidence, and are wary that they might either now:

(a) ambush you with photos and information either with days to spare, or springing it at the hearing,

or

(b) discontinue close to the hearing,

because online research tells you this is the way parking firms aggressively pursue people, then drop cases that are well defended and get away with ruining people's peace of mind for months on end. Tell the Judge how distressed you are, how it has affected you and your family (go into detail), and how much time you have spent researching each piece of case law to try to escape a scam.

Clearly this has been a vexatious and wholly unreasonable claim from the outset, and their (and their solicitors') conduct from start to finish has been designed to obstruct fair justice for a consumer, and to waste the court's time.

Reiterate about the criminal case, lay it on thick about their conduct in your case.

Say that there can be no excuse for a late submission of this Witness Statement and evidence - after all the claimant is using a solicitor which runs robo-claim parking cases every day of the week - so and you ask that the court exercise its case management powers and strike the case out and/or refuse to accept any late submission now.

There should be no relief from sanctions; ask the court to apply costs on an indemnity basis, see Denton:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73467176#post73467176

See sassi's thread (the link above) and read their costs schedule, they got £1500!
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Noree
    • By Noree 3rd Feb 18, 10:38 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Noree
    So the hearing is on Monday and I have followed the advice of CM. Still nothing sent to myself or the courts. Really am wondering if Gladstones will actually send anyone over.

Surely the courts cannot accept any of their evidence (if present) and the judge will be in my favour anyways?! I feel I have more than enough in my overall defence and have also claimed costs.

Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Noree; 03-02-2018 at 10:42 PM.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 3rd Feb 18, 10:52 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,295 Thanks
    pappa golf
    poker? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Noree
    • By Noree 5th Feb 18, 10:39 AM
    • 92 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Noree
    Case discontinued on the Friday but they didn!!!8217;t tell me. Thanks for wasting my time Glads n co!!

Shall I pursue this? Catch 22 perhaps as it is more time I have to invest and potentially waste. Any quick fix to try and get something from this?

Thanks all for the help, they are obviously exposed as inept again.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Feb 18, 10:57 AM
    • 9,029 Posts
    • 8,701 Thanks
    The Deep
    They were severely criticized in Parliament of Friday, I would if there is a connection?

Watch this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Noree
    • By Noree 5th Feb 18, 12:24 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Noree
    They were severely criticized in Parliament of Friday, I would if there is a connection?

Watch this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41
    Originally posted by The Deep
    Very interesting watch. Thanks for the share.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 5th Feb 18, 12:40 PM
    • 2,229 Posts
    • 2,645 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    As it was less than 7 days before shouldn!!!8217;t the hearing go ahead as a costs claim?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Feb 18, 12:44 PM
    • 9,029 Posts
    • 8,701 Thanks
    The Deep
    Shall I pursue this? Catch 22 perhaps as it is more time I have to invest and potentially waste.

Think how much of their time you can waste, especially with a complaint to the SRA

https://www.sra.org.uk/home/home.page

your MP, copied to your local paper and Trading Standards. The writing is on the wall for this particular law firm, give the knife a good twist.
    Last edited by The Deep; 05-02-2018 at 12:48 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Feb 18, 2:02 PM
    • 56,149 Posts
    • 69,807 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Write a letter to the named Judge, with your costs schedule.

• Noree
    • By Noree 9th Feb 18, 5:10 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Noree
    Write a letter to the named Judge, with your costs schedule.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Spoke to the court and a judge was not allocated due to the claim being discontinued the Friday beforehand.

Suppose I best send an email to the above mentioned by The Deep?

Also, any other suggestions?

Thanks
    • Noree
    • By Noree 15th Mar 18, 8:10 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Noree
    So NGPM/Glads have sent a LBC AGAIN in relation to the other two which were not combined as requested.

This is all going to have to start again!

Where do I stand with this and can I do anything about it?

They!!!8217;re just going to waste more of my time and that of the courts.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 18, 8:55 PM
    • 56,149 Posts
    • 69,807 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes, send a copy to the Judge who is allocated to the one with a hearing and point out this unreasonable and vexatious intimidation by court claims, drip by drip, like a form of torture to a LIP. Even if you have already asked, send a letter to the Judge to point out what is happening to you and how unfair it is on a LIP, let alone a waste of court resources.

Ask that these matters are merged or that the court reminds the Claimant of the doctrine of res judicata.

Assuming the charges are all essentially about the same matters and facts, they can't have lots of attempts at court, one by one, once the issue at hand has been decided.

So at your upcoming hearing, if you win, do not leave until you have asked for the other ones to be struck out, if by then G's have filed another claim. Ask on the spot for that to be ordered, and for your costs of course.

And to G's, respond now with a reasonable request that the latest LBCCC is frozen until the matter of claim xxxxxxx is decided, because these claims deal with essentially the same matters and remind G's that as solicitors, their first duty is to the Court (i.e. including not to waste court time on trying to slip 2 similar cases through separately).

• Noree
    • By Noree 15th Mar 18, 9:20 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Noree
    Thanks for your response CM, but the previous case (as mentioned previously in this thread) was discontinued and no judge was allocated.

My main concern is that I won!!!8217;t have anyone who can strike this out and that I have to jump through the hoops until another court date is decided.

I would assume the Claimant will do the same again and discontinue it as my defence will be as strong as the last claim, if not stronger.

It all seems like a waste of time and should be stopped way before a hearing!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 18, 9:28 PM
    • 56,149 Posts
    • 69,807 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Oh OK, sorry I thought your hearing was postponed.

I am afraid you will have to do this all over again then, and they will discontinue again, leaving you unable to claim your wasted costs/postage each time. This should be illegal.

Send an account and copies of the trash thrown at you, to your MP, Trading Standards and Sir Greg Knight MP.

• Noree
    • By Noree 15th Mar 18, 9:48 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Noree
    Ok cheers CM.
    • Castle
    • By Castle 15th Mar 18, 9:54 PM
    • 1,635 Posts
    • 2,192 Thanks
    Castle
    Oh OK, sorry I thought your hearing was postponed.

I am afraid you will have to do this all over again then, and they will discontinue again, leaving you unable to claim your wasted costs/postage each time. This should be illegal.

Send an account and copies of the trash thrown at you, to your MP, Trading Standards and Sir Greg Knight MP.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Maybe a counterclaim for harassment and the costs incurred in defending the first claim could be included, if a claim is issued.
    • Noree
    • By Noree 15th Mar 18, 10:49 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Noree
    Maybe a counterclaim for harassment and the costs incurred in defending the first claim could be included, if a claim is issued.
    Originally posted by Castle
    I have thought this, but not sure if itís going to create more hassle for myself.

The solicitors and their parking company have enough against themselves already, so I expect it to be discontinued again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

137Posts Today

1,358Users online

Martin's Twitter