Visited by "MoneyExpert Ltd" Door to Door regarding energy

Comments

• FullForce
    FullForce Posts: 177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    Cheap Energy club is one of those price comparison which is much better than a guy knocking on your door. Guess who gets commission and ultimately pays for it?

Well I guess originally it would have been a certain Martin S Lewis that trousered it when using the CEC.:cool:

But since he sold up for a reported £87million, I suppose the shareholders that stumped up that £87million will now be getting it when you use the CEC. ;)

(all, obviously, after the costs of running & promoting the show, etc)
  • FullForce
    FullForce Posts: 177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    For the avoidance of doubt, refer to this MSE News item from about a year ago

Warning! Money Expert cold-callers are nothing to do with MoneySavingExpert
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    FullForce wrote: »
    Well I guess originally it would have been a certain Martin S Lewis that trousered it when using the CEC.:cool:

But since he sold up for a reported £87million, I suppose the shareholders that stumped up that £87million will now be getting it when you use the CEC. ;)

you would also compare using other comparison websites of course and not rely on just 1
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 April 2017 at 11:29PM
    Personally i think any door to door commision seekers are doing a good job whatever b/s they come up with to get them to sign up.If they can get long standing users who are on standard tariff/anti direct debits ( and that is 50% of users ) on to much cheaper deals every ones a winner, including Craig..He would deserve his £30 or £40 .
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Personally i think any door to door commision seekers are doing a good job whatever b/s they come up with to get them to sign up.If they can get long standing users who are on standard tariff/anti direct debits on to much cheaper deals every ones a winner, including Craig..He would deserve his £30 or £40 .

Does that include the Utility warehouse scammers? who try to sign you up to their phone and other services?
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • FullForce wrote: »
    Put your figures into their comparison site and see for yourself
    simplyswitch.com

Still not convinced?
    Put the figures in any other Ofgem accredited comparison site and see if you get the same results :)
    Switching now will save you up to -£6.19 a year!
    There we are, the results from MoneyExpert's simplyswitch website - I could switch to pay more...

And the first entry from Greenstar?
    Green Star Energy (Rate Saver 12m Fixed 2704)
    Personal projection: £1637.60
    Rate fixed for 12 months
    Projected saving: -£65.49
  • csgohan4 wrote: »
    then why consider Some Johnny off the street trying to scam you?
    I'm not - I've provided details so that others can be aware and asked if anyone else was of the opinion that the North West specifically was being overcharged.
  • FullForce wrote: »

I assume you're talking about the sale of MoneySavingExpert, which includes CEC; further details are on the thisismoney website - search google for "thisismoney article-3471801" for more details.
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,593 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'm not - I've provided details so that others can be aware and asked if anyone else was of the opinion that the North West specifically was being overcharged.

Everyone thinks they are being overcharged. Playing on peoples prejudices is an easy way of selling your sub standard product, whether it's over-priced energy or "taking control".

Different areas pay more than others because distribution costs vary, whether that is considered overcharging it depends on whether you think that people in other areas should subsidise you.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Whatever bull Craig can come with is fine by me if he gets people switching from good old British Gas ( the gas board ) to Greenstar, then they are £300 up on the deal and Craig is £30/40 better off. Many people don`t have the faintest idea what a KWH is and never will and they have certainly never heard of comparison sites because they don t have an internet connection. Good on Craig for providing a valuable service because the suppliers have`nt made it clear to Ron and Susan etc that they are paying through the nose. A few white lies to seal the deal is in order IMO.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure