Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 21st Apr 17, 9:01 PM
    • 1,711Posts
    • 9,445Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Rambling on...
    • 21st Apr 17, 9:01 PM
    Rambling on... 21st Apr 17 at 9:01 PM
    Where do I begin? This is hard...
    OK, I'll begin with my SOA:

Household Info
    Number of adults - 1
    Number of children - 0 (they are with their Mum)
    Number of cars - 0

Monthly Income
    After tax - 2104
    Benefits - 0
    Other Income - 0
    Total Monthly Income - 2104

Monthly Expenses
    Rent - 295
    Council Tax - 80
    Elec - 30
    Gas - 30
    Home Phone/TV and Broadband - 45
    Mobile - 12
    TV Licence - 13
    Shopping - 170
    Clothes/Shoes - 30
    Childcare/nursery - 500
    Other Child related expenses - 500
    Haircuts/Shaving - 10
    Entertainment - 20
    Emergency Fund - 15
    Total - 1750

Assets

Cash - 0
    House value - 0 (N/A)
    Shares/Bonds - 0 (N/A)
    Car - 0
    Other Assets - 0
    Total - 0

Secured/HP Debt
    Mortgage - 38500
    Secured Debt - 19500
    Total - 58000

UnSecured Debts
    Loans/Short Term/Payday - 6060
    Credit Cards - 1450
    Old Mobile Account - 330
    Total - 7840

Monthly Budget Summary
    Total Income - 2104
    Expenses - 1750
    Available for debt repayments - 354

Personal Balance Sheet Summary
    Total Assets - 0
    Total Secured Debt; -58000
    Total Unsecured Debt; -7840
    Net Assets; -65840
    there may be a few wee errors here as I had to type it all out as it wouldn't let me paste it in...

As you can see, it's BAD... How did it get so bad?
    When I left home and got my home of me own I thought I was doing great. Single lad, I had a good job, good income, social life etc.
    I had the mortgage with the bank, credit card with the bank, then a loan for my first car...then other loans... and so it began to build up.
    After a while I managed to clear the loans and the cards and was able to keep myself in the black.
    Eventually, I met a nice lassie, we got married, had kids and started to build up debts again... Loans for holidays, cars, furniture etc. Used Credit cards and the bank overdraft for emergencies... we thought we were doing alright.

I rented out my old pad, the rent covered the mortgage.
    Then out of the blue I lost my job...
    I lost the the old place cos my tenant moved out, got married and set up on her own. I couldn't get another tenant who stayed long enough and paid the rent to keep it going... I lost it... repossessed.

My marriage fell apart, I left my family and the family home... had a total meltdown/breakdown.
    I ended up homeless, going from friend to friend, whoever would put me up for a bit, let me have somewhere to sleep.
    This went on for a few years, until I was fortunate enough to land another job. The friend I was staying with encouraged me to apply for a flat with the local council and eventually I got one.

I began to get back on my feet again, furnishing my wee place with second-hand furniture and other basic household items from the local charity shops. I don't have anything much (the old laptop I'm using is held together with duct tape and is veerrrryyyy sllloooooow...).

Now, i am being chased for my debts, it's time to face up to the mess that I have made of my life and wipe out the debt and become and stay debt free....
    Last edited by UncannyScot; 21-04-2017 at 9:04 PM.
Page 73
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 25th Apr 18, 8:27 PM
    • 1,987 Posts
    • 18,118 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    I echo what everyone else has said, thank you for your support and encouragement and for allowing me to stalk you on Instagram

Here's to the next 12 months xx
    Originally posted by Purplemumof2
    From me too!

Thank you for all your help, listening until daft times in the morning and everything else.

You are an amazing person

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 26th Apr 18, 7:13 PM
    • 1,711 Posts
    • 9,445 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    WOW!
    Thanks Folks

It has been absolutely mental at work at the moment and I've just been mega busy...

Currently covering for two team members that are off ill, I may need to hire someone as it looks like both may be off long term and I cannot stretch myself to cover long term as I will burn out. Have meeting with my boss tomorrow to discuss the issues.
    Just to be clear, I'm not dismissing my ill team members, they are very much valued and needed. We need to bring in extra staff anyway, as we are a growing business; my boss has already said that he agrees that our department needs to grow to keep pace with the growing demands.

I like to be busy but it's just hectic atm and when folks are so busy, they rush and that's when mistakes are most likely to happen...
    Anyhoo, enough about work, it's good that we are busy and we have plans afoot to ensure we don't get swamped

This evening I am going to chill with my wee dug and chat with a friend

Hope your day's have been awesome folks
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 27th Apr 18, 1:17 PM
    • 1,711 Posts
    • 9,445 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    YAY TFI Friday

Meeting to discuss staffing and resources went very well and have been authorised to hire two new staff

Thankfully, one of my two ill team members is hoping to return on Monday, which will be a great help (as she is an awesome teamworker and makes me a lovely cuppa coffee whenever she does one for herself of course I do the same for her too...). This means that we should be able to maintain our current pace a little easier. I hope to be able to recruit my new team members in the next few weeks
    Once we are back at full strength +2 we will hopefully be able to allow ourselves a little breathing space...

The weather is braw here north o the wall and I'm looking forward to enjoying the weekend
    Hope everyone is having a grand day wherever you are and whatever your doing
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 27th Apr 18, 1:40 PM
    • 6,561 Posts
    • 24,769 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    Sounds like a productive day Uncanny.

Weather here on site in Swindon is wet and horrible

Have a great weekend xx
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    MBNA: £5660.00 Lloyds: £9878.75 BC: GONE Cap One: GONE
    OD £0/£500 LC £371.25/£1500 Washer PAID
    POAMAYC 2018 #041 PD £7219.86/£7000
    Savings for Christmas £385.36/£400
    20p Savers 2018 £2 Savers 2018 50p Savers 2018 SPC 12 2019 #003
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 27th Apr 18, 3:40 PM
    • 58,808 Posts
    • 243,887 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good news on the new team members to come.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 28th Apr 18, 10:40 PM
    • 1,711 Posts
    • 9,445 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Today would have been Sir Terry Pratchett's 70th Birthday...
    Having a few ales in his memory and reading "The Nightwatch" (for the umpteenth time...)
    #speakhisname #gnuterrypratchett
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 29th Apr 18, 8:31 AM
    • 2,058 Posts
    • 12,791 Thanks
    redofromstart
    I was reading Raising Steam last night. I first read 'Nightwatch' in hospital with pre-eclampsia/DS1. Good job he wasn't a girl or I might have inflicted Sybil on him

#gnuterrypratchett#
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 29th Apr 18, 9:37 AM
    • 6,412 Posts
    • 44,711 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Happy MSE anniversary

Great to see how far you've come in that year and that you've become a real stalwart and support on the diaries in such a short time.

Looking forward to reading your adventures over the next year
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2010 £13.14
    Debt £1880
    Weight loss 0/6LBS
    Emergency Fund £4000/£10,000
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 30th Apr 18, 8:04 AM
    • 1,711 Posts
    • 9,445 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning folks

Monday again, here we go! Busy (am I ever anything other?)
    Coffee - check
    Choccy biccies - check
    Choons on - check

Right, lets get right in aboot it then!

Have a grand day folks
    Hope to be able to pop in and out throughout the day
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 30th Apr 18, 9:39 AM
    • 1,987 Posts
    • 18,118 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Have a lovely day US

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 30th Apr 18, 9:54 AM
    • 58,808 Posts
    • 243,887 Thanks
    beanielou
    Happy Monday

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 3rd May 18, 9:21 AM
    • 1,711 Posts
    • 9,445 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning folks

Week is flying by again...

Into May already. I am doing the bringing lunch to work thingy for May and very possibly from now on all the time

Keeping on top of things (just...) despite being so busy.

All is good in t hood.

Hope to get back on later.

Be excellent to one another
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Lucifa73
    • By Lucifa73 3rd May 18, 5:03 PM
    • 7,499 Posts
    • 9,797 Thanks
    Lucifa73
    I'm with you on the busy thing. Still, if it wasn't full on I'd be bored and get into all manner of trouble ...

Hope the week is being kind to you otherwise. Roll on the Bank Holiday!
    Tesco CC 020718: £3502.86/240918: £3172.14 9.44%
    Surveys 2018 cashed £14.84/cleared £21.45/pending £0.90... (plus 600 YouGov points...)
    2018 challenges: 50ps challenge:£19.00 5ps challenge: £4.10
    SPC 2019 #073

• WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 3rd May 18, 5:28 PM
    • 1,987 Posts
    • 18,118 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Hope you've had a lovely day
    x
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 4th May 18, 12:56 PM
    • 1,711 Posts
    • 9,445 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Happy Star Wars day Folks

TFI FRIDAY

This week has been fiendishly busy and I will be SO glad to get finished today.

Hope everyone is having a grand day wherever you are and whatever you're doing

Has anyone heard owt from Scott Weiland ? He's not been on for ages and I've tried to contact without success... really concerned...
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 4th May 18, 1:14 PM
    • 1,987 Posts
    • 18,118 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Has anyone heard owt from Scott Weiland ? He's not been on for ages and I've tried to contact without success... really concerned...
    Originally posted by UncannyScot
    I was planning to ask this when we where talking to ask if you had spoken. Also concerned

x
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 8th May 18, 2:05 PM
    • 1,711 Posts
    • 9,445 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Afternoon folks!

Busy as...

Thankfully Scott posted up / checked in and should be giving an update soon

Hope everyone's been enjoying the good weather. The furrybum and I went on a wee solo camp at the weekend, which was fun. Next time we'll take a bigger tent and hopefully she will settle to sleep better.

Have a great day folks. Hope to get back on this evening
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Scott-Weiland
    • By Scott-Weiland 10th May 18, 10:52 PM
    • 315 Posts
    • 687 Thanks
    Scott-Weiland
    Sorry i worried you guys x Nice to have peeps concerned.
    Cashback Earnings Ish YTD £74.66 Survey Earnings YTD Ish £550.84
    Qmee £55.14 Since 3/11/2018
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 15th May 18, 8:02 AM
    • 1,711 Posts
    • 9,445 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning folks

Been so busy lately that I'm in that cycle of eat, sleep, work and repeat... urgh

I've been doing the bring lunch to work thingy for May and so far have manged a clean sheet on that and saving a fair wee bit of money too, going to keep on going with that so that it becomes the norm

Myself and the furry one have been enjoying the good weather that we've been having north o the wall and getting some good long evening and weekend walks in; have another camp planned for this weekend

Hope everyone has a grand day and my apologies for not being on or around as as often as I would like to be here

R.I.P. T.P.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th May 18, 8:49 AM
    • 58,808 Posts
    • 243,887 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad that you & the furry have been enjoying the weather
    It is fab weather

***Keep plodding***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,523Posts Today

6,253Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin