Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 21st Apr 17, 9:01 PM
    • 1,469Posts
    • 8,236Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Rambling on...
    • 21st Apr 17, 9:01 PM
    Rambling on... 21st Apr 17 at 9:01 PM
    Where do I begin? This is hard...
    OK, I'll begin with my SOA:

Household Info
    Number of adults - 1
    Number of children - 0 (they are with their Mum)
    Number of cars - 0

Monthly Income
    After tax - 2104
    Benefits - 0
    Other Income - 0
    Total Monthly Income - 2104

Monthly Expenses
    Rent - 295
    Council Tax - 80
    Elec - 30
    Gas - 30
    Home Phone/TV and Broadband - 45
    Mobile - 12
    TV Licence - 13
    Shopping - 170
    Clothes/Shoes - 30
    Childcare/nursery - 500
    Other Child related expenses - 500
    Haircuts/Shaving - 10
    Entertainment - 20
    Emergency Fund - 15
    Total - 1750

Assets

Cash - 0
    House value - 0 (N/A)
    Shares/Bonds - 0 (N/A)
    Car - 0
    Other Assets - 0
    Total - 0

Secured/HP Debt
    Mortgage - 38500
    Secured Debt - 19500
    Total - 58000

UnSecured Debts
    Loans/Short Term/Payday - 6060
    Credit Cards - 1450
    Old Mobile Account - 330
    Total - 7840

Monthly Budget Summary
    Total Income - 2104
    Expenses - 1750
    Available for debt repayments - 354

Personal Balance Sheet Summary
    Total Assets - 0
    Total Secured Debt; -58000
    Total Unsecured Debt; -7840
    Net Assets; -65840
    there may be a few wee errors here as I had to type it all out as it wouldn't let me paste it in...

As you can see, it's BAD... How did it get so bad?
    When I left home and got my home of me own I thought I was doing great. Single lad, I had a good job, good income, social life etc.
    I had the mortgage with the bank, credit card with the bank, then a loan for my first car...then other loans... and so it began to build up.
    After a while I managed to clear the loans and the cards and was able to keep myself in the black.
    Eventually, I met a nice lassie, we got married, had kids and started to build up debts again... Loans for holidays, cars, furniture etc. Used Credit cards and the bank overdraft for emergencies... we thought we were doing alright.

I rented out my old pad, the rent covered the mortgage.
    Then out of the blue I lost my job...
    I lost the the old place cos my tenant moved out, got married and set up on her own. I couldn't get another tenant who stayed long enough and paid the rent to keep it going... I lost it... repossessed.

My marriage fell apart, I left my family and the family home... had a total meltdown/breakdown.
    I ended up homeless, going from friend to friend, whoever would put me up for a bit, let me have somewhere to sleep.
    This went on for a few years, until I was fortunate enough to land another job. The friend I was staying with encouraged me to apply for a flat with the local council and eventually I got one.

I began to get back on my feet again, furnishing my wee place with second-hand furniture and other basic household items from the local charity shops. I don't have anything much (the old laptop I'm using is held together with duct tape and is veerrrryyyy sllloooooow...).

Now, i am being chased for my debts, it's time to face up to the mess that I have made of my life and wipe out the debt and become and stay debt free....
    Last edited by UncannyScot; 21-04-2017 at 9:04 PM.
Page 57
    • Pippilongstocking
    • By Pippilongstocking 4th Jan 18, 8:57 PM
    • 15,001 Posts
    • 99,063 Thanks
    Pippilongstocking
    Hiya
    SOrry to hear about the tyre thank good ness for the EF

WBF - cairns are super cutem mine are 5 and 12. Elder hound can't make it up on the sofa anymore but the younger one is often found on top of the curtain rails......shelves.....tables, you name it what a mountain goat.

BIL has a staffie Uncanny, its super fun. Goodluck with all of that.

First day back here, I must admit I'd rather had started after this weekend!

Enjoy the weekend when it comes.
    Overdraft 1 £1000/£0, Overdraft 2 £1000/£1000 , Cancelled
    Credit Card 1 = £0, Credit Card 2 £2710.57/925
    Total Debt as of 6/8/2017 £5755.40 eek:
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 4th Jan 18, 9:38 PM
    • 1,469 Posts
    • 8,236 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Evening folks

Thanks for popping in.
    Been busy working away on promised project for you all and hope to get everything up on here over the weekend... fingers crossed...

Not heard anything yet from the rescue. Hoping to hear from them soon. They're all volunteers so waiting for someone from their assessment team to arrange a home visit / check with me.

I had a great dream last night of walking in the hills with the wee dog that I am hoping to bring home... would be great if it is a good omen of things to come eh?

I am so glad that I had the car EF to cover the tyre replacement... will put what I used back in when I get next pay.

Friday tomorrow. Feels weird as it has been such a short working week...

Heading for bed soon, so tired lol

Hope everyone has had a good one today
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 4th Jan 18, 9:44 PM
    • 55,020 Posts
    • 219,759 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope you hear from the rescue soon.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 5th Jan 18, 8:37 AM
    • 1,469 Posts
    • 8,236 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Friday already! Such a quick week this week...

Busy wee day ahead and a wee visit to wee mammy as well.

Have a grand day folks will be poppin in an out during the day as per...

It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 5th Jan 18, 11:00 AM
    • 6,153 Posts
    • 22,632 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    Ouch to the tyre.

Have a lovely time with your mum xx
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    MBNA: £6200.00 Cap 1: £395.80 BC: £6841.81
    AFD xxx LTW 6/16
    POAMAYC 2018 #041 PD £6288.87/£7000
    Savings for Christmas £191.84/£365
    20p Savers 2018 £2 Savers 2018 50p Savers 2018 SPC 11 2018 #003
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 5th Jan 18, 7:22 PM
    • 1,469 Posts
    • 8,236 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Evening folks

SO, SO, excited, a volunteer from the rescue contacted me today ... Homecheck visit has been arranged for this Sunday @ 3pm
    Will need to blitzkreig clean the house and check security of the communal back jungle garden... it is fenced round at approx. 4ft high but wanna check for any Staffie sized gaps... They won't be in there very often anyway (read as NEVER), as I will be exercising / walking with them in nearby park and the hills. Spoiled for choice where I am
    Really, really hoping everything will go well and I can give a home to a wee rescue Staffie...

Wee mammy is doing grand and I was fed, watered and blethered to

Hope everyone has had a grand day today
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 5th Jan 18, 7:23 PM
    • 55,020 Posts
    • 219,759 Thanks
    beanielou
    OOh how exciting
    Hope all goes well.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 5th Jan 18, 7:29 PM
    • 1,587 Posts
    • 8,639 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    Fingers crossed
    • FiscalPickle
    • By FiscalPickle 5th Jan 18, 7:43 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    FiscalPickle
    Good luck, sounds like you!!!8217;ve thought ahead and can give a fantastic home to a staffie. They!!!8217;re one of my favourite breeds, they always look like they!!!8217;re smiling
    DFD - 26/10/19
    In the process of shedding £20k and 35lbs
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 5th Jan 18, 8:58 PM
    • 1,978 Posts
    • 12,242 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Hope all goes well with the home check.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017

Next Scrimpy Goal - Ad Hoc Savings - 20/05/2018: £646.59
    MONTHS TO RETIREMENT: 35!
    My diary: “Paid off the £31,0000! BUT- still scrimping!”
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 5th Jan 18, 9:04 PM
    • 5,836 Posts
    • 38,562 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Good luck US, what a lovely home for the rescue dog to come to, surely you won't be turned down. This dog will land on her feet that's for sure. Fingers crossed xx
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £296.07
    Debt £2400
    June 4 NSDs 4 AFDs
    Weight loss 0.5/6LBS
    Emergency Fund £2000/£10,000
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 5th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 1,469 Posts
    • 8,236 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Thanks Folks

Rest assured, when I bring my furever friend home, YOU folks will get to see her / him, as I will be posting pictures ...and I will change my profile avatar to a wee pic of them too
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 5th Jan 18, 9:31 PM
    • 1,616 Posts
    • 14,108 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Ahh so glad you heard back! Good luck for Sunday not that you'll need it

I don't think I could choose one on there I'd want them all! x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 5th Jan 18, 9:51 PM
    • 1,469 Posts
    • 8,236 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    I know Wannabe

They asked me if I had a particular dog in mind for adoption and I said both of the ones that I was telling you about (Lacey and Maggie) and why... and if not one, then the other... YKWIM

The rescue does such amazing work for a voluntary organisation, every penny raised goes towards the care of the animals... If anyone wants to know who they are PM me
    I am making a donation of food and a few items via my local vet who are supporters of the rescue tomorrow morning... and I will be registering with them when I adopt

I am SO excited and SO nervous... like any expectant parent
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 6th Jan 18, 6:51 AM
    • 4,405 Posts
    • 25,233 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Followed you over from Wannabe's thread a while ago and have been lurking but had to pop up and say Good Luck for Sunday - its so exciting.

I have a Staff x Choc Lab and also an American Bulldog - they are both amazing dogs but the Staff definitely has something more about her that I cant describe and she is very intuitive with my DH when he is poorly and since he has been fainting with being ill she is right there licking his face to bring him round and then sitting with him while he gets back to normal.

I always wanted a Newfoundland but I am not sure if I will ever move away from bull breeds - they have such a reputation and I want to prove to people that they are so loving.

I have had to unfollow quite a few rescues on Facebook because I just wanted to foster/adopt all of the bull breeds!!!

Can't wait to see pictures.
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 17 for June
    NSD - 8/20
    (up to 16/6/18)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 6th Jan 18, 9:45 AM
    • 1,307 Posts
    • 12,696 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Oh I hope everything goes OK. I really can't see what could go wrong. You seem to have everything covered.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 6th Jan 18, 11:03 AM
    • 1,469 Posts
    • 8,236 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning Folks

Thanks for poppin in, much appreciated

Was up early and have dropped off donation items for the rescue at local vets where it was greatly appreciated by the staff who already have a big "donations" pile for them. Was told that the rescue will really appreciate it and that the vets do regular donation drops to them... lovely folks, definitely registering with them. Their surgery was busy too lots of lovely doggies (and all well behaved too).

Have started on the blitzkreig clean of the house in prep for homecheck visit tomorrow... just having a wee coffee break and catch up on here and then back into it again. Tunes will be going on and I'll be a rockin an a cleanin

Going to wait until I know for sure that I will be adopting before I begin buying in things for doggie... and bestie (and his missus) have also advised waiting, as bestie said that sometimes rescues come with a lot of their own items to help them settle in the transition from kennels, foster to adoption...

Busy, Happy day today

Hope everyone has a grand day
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • FiscalPickle
    • By FiscalPickle 6th Jan 18, 1:50 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    FiscalPickle
    Hope you have a good day too US
    DFD - 26/10/19
    In the process of shedding £20k and 35lbs
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 6th Jan 18, 5:20 PM
    • 1,469 Posts
    • 8,236 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    ... and time to put me feet up for a bit methinks...

Have done everything except my bedroom so far and I'll tackle that in the morning. I am whacked but what I've done so far is spotless I tell ya, spotless, absolutely gleaming clean.
    The kitchen & bathroom were given a major deep clean and my living room and hall are in show home condition. The besties missus has given me the big two thumbs up, so that's high praise indeed, cos she is a Goddess of home cleanliness (house is always spotless). However, she did say my bedroom was like a teenagers' and she'll be checking in tomorrow to make sure it's done right... ahm no gonnae sleep tonight noo

So plans for this evening are dinner, watch something or play something or read something and maybe a couple of brews before bedtime.

SO excited and SO nervous about tomorrow's visit

Hope everyone else has had a good one today
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 6th Jan 18, 9:59 PM
    • 1,616 Posts
    • 14,108 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    at the cleaning inspector Maybe she's my long lost sister

I'll nag tomorrow to see how you get on.

EE Our staffie is older now but she sits with youngest so much when she's not right. She really watches over her. I'm quite strict about the smalls treating them with respect etc and giving the dog her space. However no chance the dog is always to be found by youngests side
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

126Posts Today

1,625Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin