Rambling on...

Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Thank you HI :D

I will post an update when I get back
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I'm sure your appointment will go well. It is definitely a major step forward. :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • UncannyScot
    Thanks doingitanyway
    I am seeing it as a way forward and as a positive step.
    I am apprehensive, of course, however, I am sure that once the process has started I will have a sense of relief and release.

I will post an update once I get back from the appointment and I've had time to process everything.

Thanks everyone for your messages of encouragement and support.
    I'm heading off to bed now.

Good night and sleep well everyone :)
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Hi Folks
    Not long back from appointment with my CAB advisor.
    We discussed all the available options, trust deed, sequestration, etc.
    The best course of action is sequestration.
    My advisor is now arranging an appointment with one of the insolvency practitioners that they use (who apparently is very, very good and has a reputation for being very reasonable).
    Advisor is hoping to arrange that asap, hopefully next week (12th) or the following week (19th) but it all depends on the IPs availability.
    I do feel we are making progress and that I am not being rushed or pushed into making my decisions, which is great.
    I know that when I do finally sign that application and pay the fee it will be after taking good advice and making the best decision.

Thanks for everyone's help and support with this I really do appreciate it.
    I would like, once I've completed my sequestration to still be able to be here and help out and share my experiences.

Now to get my tea and relax a little.
    If anyone wants to ask anything just post, thanks...
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • doingitanyway
    I'm glad your appointment went well :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Another step in the right direction :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • UncannyScot
    Thanks folks :D

Staying positive and focused :D
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Glad it went well :)

Definitely helps staying positive :D
  • UncannyScot
    I posted before about one of my creditors being... difficult :mad:

Today I answered a phone call believing it may be my CAB advisor, nope, it was this creditor.

Went through the same performance as last time basically... told them that I was dealing with the CAB... he said the CAB only give advice they can't actually help (yep, that's twice that these clowns have said this...).

I said that I am awaiting an appointment with an IP that my local CAB use in order to discuss and plan my way forward and that this may include sequestration / bankruptcy...

He still refused to put my account on hold... as they didn't know the details of my circumstances... Erm, hello, I thought, I have told you I am in financial difficulties and taking advice from CAB regarding bankruptcy... you really don't need any further details!!!
    My other creditors have been very understanding and have accepted that explanation without asking for further details and have said they will await contact from my IP/Trustee...

I will be discussing this with my CAB advisor...

On the upside... I have had a NSD YAY :D

I am just waiting on my tea cooking and then I shall catch up with every one else's adventures

Be excellent to each other ;)
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • doingitanyway
    Well done for keeping your cool with the rubbish creditor. The broken record technique is the way to go with these people. There is always one isn't there?

Forget about them until you speak to your CAB advisor and enjoy your evening

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family