Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounding ok.
    Take care.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hope you managed to finish the admin! Have a good weekend.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you are having a good weekend.

Ebay listing is very quick to do, but it can take hours to get up the motivation!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Thanks jwil. I thought that may have been it. OH uses the desktop PC. This is located in the man cave where he goes to play on line games.
    So, yesterday I got my ancient ipad to remain in use for long enough for me to update the password here so easy access has, for now, been reinstated. This is good as I need more regular postings to keep me on track.
    Big project plans are progressing. However, there has been a potential derailment due to external factors and I haven't plucked up the courage to find out how bad the impact is.
    Yesterday I went for a reiki session. I had bought a voucher for this when there was a bonus cash back available and got it booked on Friday for yesterday. It was lovely. I'm not completely sure that I get the whole thing that should happen but it's an hour's relaxation and pampering and you can't really be bad to that. I then nipped to a shop to buy a £10 deal. Turns out it's not available in NI so I left £30 poorer. Got some business admin done and it's looking like the taxman won't be getting any pennies from me this year.
    I also transferred £50 to DS from my personal account. He was in oz on holiday and his Christmas present was money to spend. However, I held back £50 of what I had intended to give him so there would be something in reserve to get him to payday. MackeyDs will be happy!
    Today I need to go into the low paying job for an hour or so. I'd sooner not but it needs done.
    Today I am grateful for
    The builder finishing off the boiler related repairs £60 under budget
    Knowing the offspring are safe and well
    Daylight, even after 5 o'clock.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Reiki is awesome.
    Glad you enjoyed :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Am rushing but am trying to get back to regular posting. Today will be a full day at the low but prompt paying client. Lots and lots to do there and also need to construct a work to do list as have other stuff to address.
    Yesterday we renewed my website so another payment from the account. Wednesday will be at least another three thanks to necessary tolls. That £250 is in my sights! Anyhow, gotta get a wiggle on. Today I am grateful for
    Getting some stuff done at the weekend
    Stew made yesterday that will also be tonight's dinner
    Instant hot water.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad that the boiler was under budget :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad that 250 is nearly yours :)

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    So, major crisis is ongoing at yesterday's job. That means a meeting to be held today that has to happen but that I don't really have time for as I've other stuff planned in. Spends yesterday were £1 on a subsidised lunch and today will be low spend as dd and I are using a voucher to go for afternoon tea.
    Had a spectacularly disturbed night's sleep yesterday and feel dreadful but, if I were employed, I'd get myself into gear and get on with the job so I need to do the same on the hours scheduled for work today. Yesterday I kept a large hardback notebook alongside my desk and noted down tasks as they occurred to me. I got 2 done last night but need to get cracking on the others. Today I am grateful for
    Secured income even if it is both low and temporary
    My OH who is my in house cheerleader
    The technology that provides so much flexibility
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I hope your meeting goes okay. That's the lower paid but reliable job, isn't it? Worth keeping if you can... not what you need when there's so much else to do, though.

That's a great idea about the jobs notebook. I suppose it's like the idea of keeping a notebook by the bed so you can note stuff down rather than worry about it. That one doesn't work for me because I'd wake DH! It's such a nice feeling to cross jobs off your list though.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport