God that is horrible, so young.

It makes you think doesn't it.

Hope you are all okay.

Dxxx
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's sad news INOD. We should be grateful for our lives, shouldn't we.

Fingers crossed for the quote. I hope you get the work.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Thanks for visiting, commenting etc. got the stuff needed emailed through so will crack on with the quote today. Yesterday was a kinda do nothing much day though we did manage laundry, meals all made from supplies and to narrow options on next march's big project. We also made a small decision which will now be set in stone.
    The friend going through chemo is still in hospital and had surgery yesterday to deal with infection related to her March surgery. She agreed to a visit and has since changed her mind. I get that she doesn't want people to see her when she's not looking great but wish I could do something to support her. I'm thinking of writing a letter and dropping it over to the hospital but am worried about getting the balance right.
    I'm also worried that things are worse than she has accepted or than she wants people to know.
    Anyhow, tasks for today include
    Pairing gardening gloves (with pretty useless clothes pegs) and finding a home for them. I will also assemble a table in the garage to be used as a sorting surface.
    Some cutting back in the garden as it's brown bin day tomorrow
    Paying myself June's expenses
    Getting in touch with a few friends

Yesterday I cleared out a cupboard onto a double bed. It'd be good to get that sorted. While doing that I identified a pair of shoes and a bag to go to the charity shop. I also cleaned out a large plastic box yesterday which is going to be the charity box so I won't have stuff littering the house while I'm gathering up.

Today I am grateful for positive news of what can be a contentious time here.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great idea to write your friend a note to let her know that you are thinking about her :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    What beanie said...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Didn't pay myself expenses but did get the quote issued. I reckon it'll be at least Monday before I hear. Other than that, all tasks were completed for the day. I also called mother as today was the last day her takeaway of choice is open in July. She couldn't resist so I did the pickup and dropped it in with the excuse of needing to get our stuff home while it was still hot. It broke the ice without pretence of great friendship iykwim.
    My friend was taken back into surgery today. Am worried. She did say that one of her sisters was home from Scotland to see her. Hopefully this wasn't a necessary trip.
    Today I am grateful for
    Chips
    Productive activity in the garden
    Getting table and chairs under wraps before the rain hit
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    I hope all turns out well for your friend. I agree with the others, perhaps writing a letter may help her knowing she has people who care.

Grateful for chips... That made me chuckle

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Some days only chips will do. Served with salt, vinegar, hp sauce and sandwiched between white batch bread spread with real butter!
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Mmm chip buttys are nice. For me it cheese and stuffing sandwiches.:eek:

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Some days only chips will do. Served with salt, vinegar, hp sauce and sandwiched between white batch bread spread with real butter!
    Stop this now. Your postings are becoming dangerous to read :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family