A whole new world, for now

Comments

• So the crowding out is good in principle. It doesn't take account of my capacity for stress eating junk. Still. At least it means I have some nutritional intake.
    A line has been drawn under yesterday. I have decided that I am no longer willing to engage with a toxic staff member on her terms. She is more trouble than she is worth and deploys bullying tactics. I will no longer facilitate this.
    Another client got in touch yesterday with a query. It's good to have challenging work to get my teeth into though I do think that they have an issue.
    Yesterday I called into the building society with whom I have my isa. I have upped my dd to £35 per month from the £20 it was at since leaving full time employment. It's a far cry from the £500 per month it once was but will help to bring that pot to the £400 mark by year end. I can be such a muppet. I was agonising between £30 and £40 a month for hours before the £35 lightbulb came on.
    Today I was up bright and early thanks to the demanding 4 legged fiend. Soup has been portioned to go in the freezer. I did one big tub that will hopefully come out over Christmas. One less thing to stress about.
    Today I am determined to get an invoice done plus I am sorting out payroll at the nightmare.
    Today I am grateful for
    Responsiveness
    Toasted fruit soda for breakfast
    Contact from a very supportive friend
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,065 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You are doing really well with dealing with some of the difficult characters you have to put up with at work xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good friens are awesome :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sorry to hear about more work nightmares. But good news on upping the ISA contributions!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Stayed at that client for an extra unplanned hour. Their useless external finance support came in late to start the payroll and I stayed to get it over the line. There are potentially still one or two issues but I couldn't get them clarified. Picked up the KFC requested by DH on way home as an apology for him having to finish earlier, get the bus etc as we normally car share. Their new style chips are a massive improvement.
    Ate dinner while watching holby. I do love that show. Then buckled down, cleared two work emails and issued an invoice. There are 2 more to get done but it's going in the right direction.
    Today is hump day. I have lots to do but there's some headway that I find motivating. I also need to catch up with some family and friends.
    Today I am grateful for
    Long suffering DH who helps my client juggling while managing his day job
    My rate for that extra hour covering the cost of the takeaway
    Having a warm home to return to, so many people don't
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Another Holby fan here.
    You seem to be on top of the invoices.
    All sounding good :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    So pleased that you have a supportive oh.
    Another Holby fan here.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Only did 3 hours at that client then came home to wait for a delivery that is part of ds's Santa present which was ordered from a London based retailer, to be delivered to NI for him to take back to London after Christmas! Dealt with a few emails but nothing major. Then drove back into town to get DH as it was a filthy night. Today I am having coffee with another client and need an earlier finish as DH has a late finishing course. I will then go back to the client to issue pay cheques once they have been signed. Tomorrow it'll be after 9 before I finish up.
    I actually managed some housework yesterday which was good. The kitchen table is again a usable space and bath towels have been kondo rolled.
    We are taking advantage of a Black Friday deal apparently. Our knackered iPad is being replaced and we have a £100 gift voucher to go towards this which is a definite plus. DH reckons he has the funds to do this so happy happy days. It'll make my little tv surveys easier to do.
    Today I am grateful for
    Yesterday's early escape
    Baby steps
    A low spend day
  • Wow busy time for you.

That's ideal that you are getting a good Black Friday deal on a new I Pad, will make such a difference for you!

Have a good day.

Dxxx
  • beanielou
    Baby steps are always good :) xx

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback