IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Forgot to 'pay' for parking

My children have started a class at the local leisure centre and to get free parking you have to enter your car reg into a machine.

I have received a PCN because I must have either mistyped or forgot on this occasion to enter my details. I suppose in theory - I didn't 'pay'.

Any idea what my rights are? I think that an admin fee is reasonable but the full 60/100 for forgetting seems harsh to me.

PB :(

Comments

• Hi, and welcome. Before the regular's get here.

I suggest you read the NEWBIES sticky at the top of the forum. This will provide you with a step by step guide as to what to do.

Basically; appeal using the correct template (there are only two), once rejected, then come back here for advice on your POPLA appeal (if that is your arbitration option) or wait and ignore for 6 years if non POPLA.
  • Have you complained to the leisure centre manager? Don't get fobbed off by them. They should have the authority to get it cancelled.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure