IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Disabled Driver / PCN / Britannia Parking

Hi, Newbie to the forums here!

I need some help if anyone can please??

I parked in a private car park in Swindon, Wiltshire, today which evidently is controlled by Britannia Parking. I was Parked within a marked Disabled bay with my blue badge clearly on display. I was parked for around half an hour and when I returned, low and behold, there was a PCN on my windscreen.

The reason on the PCN states "Failed to display a valid P&D ticket or permit."

Now, I looked at all of the signage around the car park, none of which state that blue badge holders are required to also display a ticket however, what it does say (on the sign next to where I parked, about 40 metres away from the ticket machine) is;

PAY & DISPLAY. Customer Reminder Notice. This is a Pay & Display car park, please remember to: Display your Ticket, voucher or permit. Lock your vehicle. Remove all valuables from view. THAT IS IT!

To me, it looks like wordplay in their signage regarding the display of tickets however, I assumed that my blue badge was indeed a voucher or permit, of sort.

It is not clear in any way, shape or form that a blue badge holder is required to also display a ticket.

Having looked at the Britannia parking website, under Invalid Appeals section this statement, in particular, caught my eye:

I am a Disabled (Blue) Badge holder and my Disabled (Blue) Badge allows me to park anywhere I like
The Blue Badge scheme privileges are for parking on-street only and are not applicable on private land
(unless indicated on signage). A booklet is supplied with every Blue Badge giving details of correct usage.

Any help as to what to do would be greatly appreciated as I am raging about this and don't want to pay good money to bottom feeders like this!

Thank you in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport