IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye in Hospital

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    luke123456 wrote: »
    Surely the appeal to POPLA with the letter from the BB Holder should be enough?

POPLA tend not to rule on BB issues or the EA2010 either , plus there are no guarantees at POPLA and if you look at the DECISIONS sticky thread popla have ruled different ways on several items , so nothing cen be held as a certainty, even the lead adjudicator contradicts himself

the way to win at POPLA is to use the legal arguments in post #3 such that they cannot wriggle out of their responsibilities

please remember , this is an unregulated industry , Barry Beavis thought he had a cast iron case , he lost in 3 courts before 11 judges

so there is no "surely" in this "game"

I would love that your question was true and that POPLA ruled in favour , but I doubt they have ever done so in which case there is no telling what they would rule , so by all means include it, but do not rely on it and dont ask questions that cannot be answered unless the Supreme Court or the Government have issued the answers
  • luke123456
    luke123456 Posts: 348 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Redx for your reply

I can't believe the reply I just got from Dee Davis after I sent her the letter signed by the BB Holder with his name, DOB and address;

I have provided you with my response.

If you wish to appeal further, please do so via ParkingEye or POPLA.

I will not be responding any further to this appeal.

She did not even mention anything else, contradicting herself when she said 'most first offences will be dismissed etc'
  • luke123456
    Options
    Should I write back to PALS, stating that Dee Davis said ;

Most appeals will be cancelled for the first offence where it can be proved that the badge was used by the authorised holder,

And now I have supplied her with proof and she has still refused to cancel the charge
  • luke123456
    Options
    I just wrote to PALS

Dear PALS

I am very disappointed in the unnecessary harassment I am receiving.

I previously wrote to you about this parking charge. I was then told to liaise with Dee Davis.

I have been in correspondence with her and she advised; 'Most appeals will be cancelled for the first offence where it can be proved that the badge was used by the authorised holder' in her email reply of 3rd May 2017, which PALS were 'cc'd' into.

I subsequently supplied her with a written letter from the Blue Badge holder and the blue badge (which I have also attached here for your attention). The Blue Badge is clearly confirmed by the Blue Badge holder to have been used legitimately whilst infact the signage and lighting was poor that night.

Please see the attached and see how this contradicts with her previous reply and please see her frankly disgraceful reply which shows she does not care and I do not wish to correspond with her anymore and I cannot believe that PALS would accept this level of response.

I await to hear from you to end this harassment which is frankly harsh, punitive and hardly 'caring' especially towards a disabled person and this will not be dismissed lightly.

Regards
  • luke123456
    Options
    Just received a response from PALS, I presume that my only option now is POPLA

Thank you for your further correspondence in this matter and I am sorry that you remain dissatisfied Mrs Davis’ response. However; PALS have no authority with parking concerns and are therefore not in a position to intervene in this matter. I would recommend you follow the advice provided by Ms Davis.

I am sorry that PALS are unable to assist in this matter.

Kind regards
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 9 May 2017 at 10:51AM
    Options
    yes try POPLA

and write to the bosses at the trust complaining about this , ie:- go over her head and make waves , using the government guidelines as ammunition , as well as her words too

this is a war of attrition and is also why you should get your "MP" on board and writing as well, they tend not to ignore a letter from an MP (yes I know they are all seeking re-election)
  • luke123456
    Options
    This all happened so quickly this morning, but I will write to POPLA now as the deadline is this Sunday!

I will then seek to escalate with the trust and MP

Thanks
  • dadsma
    dadsma Posts: 136 Forumite
    edited 9 May 2017 at 3:15PM
    Options
    Did your appeal to Parking Eye reveal who was driving?

I will post a recent winning POPLA appeal for this hospital with pictures of the poor signage once I have uploaded them to a hosting site.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    Options
    luke123456 wrote: »
    This all happened so quickly this morning, but I will write to POPLA now as the deadline is this Sunday!

I will then seek to escalate with the trust and MP

Thanks

You don't 'write to POPLA', telling them how harsh all this is on the BB holder. All that will do is result in a rejection, setting you up nicely for PE to sue you in the county court.

You have to construct a proper POPLA appeal (of which there are many examples within and linked via the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3). Dadsma's offer is a good one, read what they sent.

Let us see your draft for critique and fine tuning before submitting. Don't miss your POPLA deadline.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • dadsma
    dadsma Posts: 136 Forumite
    edited 9 May 2017 at 5:38PM
    Options
    I'm having problems loading a copy of the appeal with Photobucket picture links. I tried twice and got an error message about missing security tokens or a message saying it wont post as it is more than 25000 characters long. If the OP private messages me I can email it.

OP, remember to post your draft on here for the regulars to advise before you submit it to POPLA as you can only do it once. The Parking Prankster has a great guide to submitting the appeal which takes you through step by step including screenshots. It makes the process much easier to follow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure