Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sulphate
    • By sulphate 19th Apr 17, 6:40 PM
    • 1,165Posts
    • 3,374Thanks
    sulphate
    EA can't get hold of our buyer
    • #1
    • 19th Apr 17, 6:40 PM
    EA can't get hold of our buyer 19th Apr 17 at 6:40 PM
    We accepted an offer on our house at the beginning of March from a first time buyer who had the survey done within a couple of weeks. She was unwilling to instruct a solicitor until the chain was complete which is fair enough, we found a house with no chain and had our offer accepted on 14 March and instructed our solicitors then.

    We were under the impression that our buyers had instructed a solicitor at the same time, however at the beginning of last week we found that this was not the case. Since then our EA has been trying to get hold of our buyer but she is not responding to calls/texts etc. EA said that she had returned from holiday 2 weeks ago so i guess unlikely to be away again...

    What is the standard procedure here? EA has suggested if we don't hear from her in the next couple of days to put the house back on the market. I am also concerned we will lose the house we are buying if we don't sell again asap so I guess we will need to let that EA know too
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 19th Apr 17, 8:02 PM
    • 58,176 Posts
    • 51,546 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • #2
    • 19th Apr 17, 8:02 PM
    • #2
    • 19th Apr 17, 8:02 PM
    Remarket your property. Perhaps your buyer failed to obtain a mortgage.
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 19th Apr 17, 8:07 PM
    • 8,981 Posts
    • 9,866 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • #3
    • 19th Apr 17, 8:07 PM
    • #3
    • 19th Apr 17, 8:07 PM
    I wouldn't wait a couple of days, I'd have it back on immediately, eg Thursday, maybe that will wake the buyer up. They may be a nervous FTB backing out, or may just need a prod to get on with it not understanding how the process works and that some sign of getting on with it is needed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

388Posts Today

5,141Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

  • No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

  • Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

  • Follow Martin