IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN from CPP at Hospital

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    It needs to be done in your mother's name, although you can do all the work on it.

Was the Notice to Keeper addressed to your mother? Have you appealed in your own name to CPP? You may not get a response if that's the case.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    There is no risk. Worst case scenario would be if she lost a defended case in small claims (think Judge Rinder-ish) then one of you would need to finally pay, and for a lost PCN case that's about £150 all told. No risk, no CCJ as long as court deadlines are not missed or ignored.

And 'Liberty Printers (AR &RF Reddin) Ltd T/A Liberty Services and The Car Parking Partnership' are not litigious, at all, nul, zero, none:

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Car_Parking_Partnership.html

If that 'on hold' reply is by email, just reply 'gimmee my POPLA code'. We win at POPLA. If that's a letter, don't waste a stamp, just wait.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Which CPP is this? CP Plus or Car Parking Partnership?
  • studiousowl
    studiousowl Posts: 31 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    No, all my responses have been in her name as registered keeper. I just don't want to put her in a situation where she needs to go to court - which is why I was a little worried.
    That 'appeal on hold' response was via an email not a letter. I have not received a notice to keeper nor have I received a formal rejection of the appeal. Should I just ask for a POPLA code from now or wait for them to reject?
    This is CPP (Car Parking Partnership)
  • Umkomaas
    No, all my responses have been in her name as registered keeper. I just don't want to put her in a situation where she needs to go to court - which is why I was a little worried.
    That 'appeal on hold' response was via an email not a letter. I have not received a notice to keeper nor have I received a formal rejection of the appeal. Should I just ask for a POPLA code from now or wait for them to reject?

If you send in the template initial appeal, their (almost guaranteed) rejection of it should be accompanied by a POPLA code. There's no need to ask for it - it's their duty to provide you with one.

If they don't, you can make life just a bit more difficult for them with a complaint to the DVLA and BPA (even join in your prospective MPs, who will be seeking your vote, and ask them to add pressure by posing awkward questions to the PPC, DVLA and BPA.).

Don't be supinely compliant - really bite back at these vermin.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Coupon-mad

I would probably wait and see. No NTK (if there has only ever been a windscreen PCN) means if it gets past day 56 with no NTK, she will win at POPLA. No worries here. Happens a lot.
  • studiousowl
    studiousowl Posts: 31 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hello,

CPP have formally rejected my second ticket's appeal and sent over a POPLA code.
    They still have not replied regarding the appeal to my first ticket - the only email they sent regarding that was the one mentioned above (i.e. 'referred for further information') so I have not pursued it further?

Also, the DVLA have replied to my email about CPP - essentially shrugging me off to BPA:

[FONT=&quot]"I have investigated this matter and can confirm that the DVLA has not received a request for the registered keeper data for vehicle registration number XXXXXX. It is not a matter for the Agency to decide on the merits of individual cases or to arbitrate in any civil disputes between motorists and private car park enforcement companies or the appeals process. The DVLA cannot regulate any aspect of a company’s business. Any representations should be made to the organisation in question.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you feel that any of the practices used by the company did not comply with the BPA’s code of practice, you may wish to contact the BPA at ........."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]So unfortunately that didn't work.

I will now start working on my POPLA appeal. Any advice?

Thanks again
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    yes, read post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky thread and base your draft popla appeal on the ones you read in there
  • Coupon-mad
    I have investigated this matter and can confirm that the DVLA has not received a request for the registered keeper data for vehicle registration number XXXXXX.

That should be used in your POPLA appeal point that there can be no 'keeper liability'. Cite the part in Schedule 4 (linked in the NEWBIES thread, and also by Umkomaas above in post #10 on your thread) that says the operator MUST obtain the keeper's data from the Secretary of State (i.e. the DVLA) and there is no other option in the statute for getting keeper data in any other way, not from appeal, nothing else.

And the PPC has not sent any NTK so they will now crash and burn at POPLA. As I said earlier:
    If the registered keeper (not saying who was driving) manages to lose at POPLA we will all eat our hats

You just need to build the template POPLA appeal points, gathering them all from post #3 of the NEWBIES thread where they are linked. You can use at least four of them.
  • Umkomaas
    Also, the DVLA have replied to my email about CPP - essentially shrugging me off to BPA:

So unfortunately that didn't work.
    So what exactly did you say to the DVLA?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport