What small DFW things will you do this week. W/c 17th April

Comments

• WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning, i hope its ok if i join in again :)

This week i aim to:

-avoid the supermarkets and all shops
    -use up some of what i already have
    -do some baking
    -stick to my meal plan
    -write next weeks budget
    -mop downstairs
    -visit the GP about a form i need filling in
    -make an appointment with the CAB
    -do some research about ESA for my son
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning WantyobeSE, where ya been? :D

I took the cat to the vet this morning, it's an abscess from a scratch from my stroppy cat. She really is miserable and horrible to her sister and this time it's cost me £117 (including flea drops.) At least it wasn't anything more serious.

I came out without my lunch again today :mad: I was rushing to catch the train (they are 30 minutes apart outside rush hour) but hopefully the sooner I get there the less chance they will take me up on my offer to only bill for a half day (though I don't mind if I have to.)

I've not made any plans for dinner tonight, the cheapest option would be pasta which I have all the ingredients for. I'll also do the YS run for more fruit if there is any.

Have a lovely day, everyone, so glad it's a short week!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just paid the last £19 off my only CC with interest. Now onto the 0% card. :T

Paid £1188.09 to debts this month so pretty happy with that.
  • La_escocesa
    DawnW wrote: »
    Can't think of anything else atm, so will update later. I do find these lists very motivating, as they kind of hold me accountable.... anyone else feel like that?

Definitely! I kinda went off the rails when I stopped posting around 3 years ago - we moved house (far more expenses than we first anticipated) and I wasn't accountable in any way... :o #badtimes
  • La_escocesa
    Definitely! I kinda went off the rails when I stopped posting around 3 years ago - we moved house (far more expenses than we first anticipated) and I wasn't accountable in any way... :o #badtimes

Gosh, all this talk about moving house 3 years ago. I thought I'd have a little search of house prices etc and found my old house up for sale. It looks lovely - I really do want to move back in! Looking at it just leaves me feeling so much regret about selling it. We wasted so much money moving city and renting the extortionate place for 18 months. :( I am happy with my current house but the neighbourhood and neighbours just aren't the same. I've also never had the feeling of 'I never want to move again' like I did with my old place. I want to move from here as soon as I can tbh...

I've been trying to put a positive spin on things and think of all the good points about moving but deep down I can't stop thinking that we should've stayed put and saved/paid off more. The commute may have killed me and I'm soooo happy I moved jobs and I really do like this city, but definitely feel like we are in a worse position debt-wise now. :( I guess everything happens for a reason so I've learnt some valuable lessons along the way and it will all even itself out by the time we pay off our debts and move to our forever home someday.

OK, sorry for spamming the thread - I will get back into my non-posting box now... :o
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi all,

Joining in again (been a few months, maybe a year since i frequented this board).

Paid my friends and family back the money I borrowed

Checked bank

Sold some spare fabric for £15

Sarah
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • mandySaver12
    mandySaver12 Posts: 32 Forumite
    edited 18 April 2017 at 5:31PM
    Making lunch for work everyday instead of buying it saves me £15 a week

Assume i work 40 weeks a year thats £600 a year
  • Madam got her first choice school :j it's literally a 5 minute walk away and has excellent offsted reports. Really happy this anxious wait is over now for another 6 years :)

La E you are right, she is far too young! She only turns 4 in July :( So sad these early years are almost over
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    MandySaver12, and that's if you only buy a meal deal, I work with people that spend twice that! If it's also money you've had to pay tax on you can add a nother 25% of earned income to that £600!

DNMS, glad madam got her first choice school, the summer babies look so tiny when they start! I was a July baby but back in the dark ages I wasn't allowed to start school until Easter, I was itching to go as my friends started in September!

LaE, I feel a bit like that about the house I was in when my son as born, I had a £70k mortgage on a 4 bed, 3 storey house. It seemed a lot 20 years ago but it would have been paid off by now. Selling it though bought me four years at home with my son, we all make decisions based on the circumstances at the time though. You will find somewhere else that you love, I'm really happy in the house I am in now and am so thankful when I pass my last house (on the train) that I don't live there any more :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Evening everyone.

Purple Fairy thank you for starting this weeks thread.

Just popping into to subscribe to the thread so I can easily find you guys if I have a moment to sit down and type anything.

Yet another night with less than 4 hours sleep :eek::eek: which is a shock as I usually have between 9 and 11 hours a night.

Last 2 nights we have all managed to sit down to a home cooked meal, we also made 2 loaves of bread yesterday and I am about to go downstairs a weigh out the ingredients so I can make flapjack in the morning.

I'm only not in bed now as I am waiting for the boys to get back from martial arts train8ing.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business