Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • samfuller1
    • By samfuller1 6th Apr 17, 2:00 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 5Thanks
    samfuller1
    Leevalley Velopark Parking Fine
    • 6th Apr 17, 2:00 PM
    Leevalley Velopark Parking Fine 6th Apr 17 at 2:00 PM
    My partner parked at the velopark a couple of weeks ago, called the number on the machine and paid over the phone for 2 hours (the money went out of her account). She got a ticket through the post a week or so later. She appealed it, sending them evidence and they have responded rejecting the appeal and said she cannot appeal again and that she hadn't paid for the total time she was there, which is definitely not true because we were there for an hour and half max. She paid the fine once she heard from them today which I know makes things harder but she didn't want them to put it up or deal with legal fees so I'm going to try and get it overturned on her behalf.

What would you do? She is 100% not in the wrong here but I'm not sure what to do, the information about the car park on Google is non-existent.
Page 2
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 11th Aug 18, 8:14 AM
    • 9,968 Posts
    • 9,764 Thanks
    The Deep
    Everyone please complain to their MPs.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    Last edited by The Deep; 11-08-2018 at 8:49 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,775Posts Today

6,651Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin