Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sidbee
    • By sidbee 1st Apr 17, 2:52 PM
    • 49Posts
    • 34Thanks
    sidbee
    Together Energy?
    • 1st Apr 17, 2:52 PM
    Together Energy? 1st Apr 17 at 2:52 PM
    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this supplier? Their site seems very basic, no log in for customers so presumably no online meter reads. Their web site says they started 2 years ago, but they don't show up in Cheap Energy Club's comparisons. However the CAB comparison shows them second only to IRESA for me on price. I want to avoid a shambles like Extra Energy if possible though!
    sidbee
Page 6
    • Sandybanks
    • By Sandybanks 28th Mar 18, 12:16 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Sandybanks
    Follow up
    Phoned Together and got through in less than 10 seconds. A very nice customer service rep informed me that the Night readings are marked 1 and the Day readings are 2. Unfortunately the portal would not accept my electric readings, it did accept my gas one.

It seems the non downloading of the Feb bills for some people is a fault they are working on.
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 28th Mar 18, 1:11 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    Sorry, donít have this type of meter
    • NeilW66
    • By NeilW66 17th Apr 18, 8:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NeilW66
    Complete waste of time
    Joined Together in October 2017. Still waiting for a bill to appear on my account page in end April 2018.

No response from feedback section on website
    No response to emails either.

Barge pole. Touch. Don't

Obviously grown too much and incapable of handling any level of customer service.

How can i get ombudsman engaged?
    • an1179
    • By an1179 17th Apr 18, 9:19 PM
    • 1,705 Posts
    • 17,002 Thanks
    an1179
    Joined Together in October 2017. Still waiting for a bill to appear on my account page in end April 2018.

No response from feedback section on website
    No response to emails either.

Barge pole. Touch. Don't

Obviously grown too much and incapable of handling any level of customer service.

How can i get ombudsman engaged?
    Originally posted by NeilW66
    Have you tried phoning them? I got a good response when I phoned
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 17th Apr 18, 10:05 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    They do seem to be improving, received my latest bill at the end of last month - I even got a request to submit readings. I did have a query on the bill and this was resolved within 2 days ..... I would also suggest calling them in case the account switch hasnt worked properly... good luck!
    Last edited by mikeyorkie10; 18-04-2018 at 7:24 AM. Reason: typo
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 1st May 18, 7:57 AM
    • 2,073 Posts
    • 1,970 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    Very interesting pattern of reviews on Trust Pilot. A huge number of five star reviews (from reviewers with just one review), all of which mention staff by name -- Gordon, Lorraine, Shaun, Colin, Luke, Patrick, Lis, Selina, Stefan, Gemma, Curtis, Ian, Nicole, Anne, Lucas, Phil, etc. These staff clearly must do an excellent job even though other reviewers give low ratings and criticise customer service.

I would be suspicious, but Trust Pilot don't allow fake reviews.
    Last edited by Hoof Hearted; 01-05-2018 at 8:05 AM.
    Je suis sabot...
    • MotheroftheKid
    • By MotheroftheKid 1st May 18, 1:03 PM
    • 171 Posts
    • 178 Thanks
    MotheroftheKid
    I queried the reason for the names and apparently they run a reward scheme in house.
    • Worried of wakefield
    • By Worried of wakefield 1st May 18, 4:32 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Worried of wakefield
    Shambolic
    Lovely customer service operatives ( that you can understand) but suspect students on minimum wage trying to make a crap system work. CEO and his bod should be dragged into the car park stripped naked and burned under a mountain of customer complaints. Cant imagine it will be long before they too are ordered to stop taking on new customers until they have systems that work.

Paul Richards ( CEO) I wouldnt trust you to change a light bulb , I assume you are rewarded on a performance related scheme, would suggest you book a fortnight at Cleethorpes this year in anticipation of a poor bonus, if there is any change give it to your customer service as they are the only part of your organisation even attempting to meet the customers needs

3 more months and I'm out of here
    • Worried of wakefield
    • By Worried of wakefield 1st May 18, 4:44 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Worried of wakefield
    Simple, google search for Ombudsman, so so simple on line drop down forms to complete, takes 10 mins very impressive
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 1st May 18, 5:43 PM
    • 2,073 Posts
    • 1,970 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    I queried the reason for the names and apparently they run a reward scheme in house.
    Originally posted by MotheroftheKid
    That explains it. I thought it was odd. Do they ask customers to leave a review and name them? Is that how it works?
    Je suis sabot...
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 2nd May 18, 7:41 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    That explains it. I thought it was odd. Do they ask customers to leave a review and name them? Is that how it works?
    Originally posted by Hoof Hearted
    Yes, I've had this request...
    • meherenow
    • By meherenow 2nd May 18, 3:46 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    meherenow
    Well I had my complaint to the Ombudsman upheld on all my points - £75 credited to my account as well, written apology, old account closed down and final bill issued (nearly 5 months later), new account payments reverted to that originally agreed. All good.

Has any of this ACTUALLY happened? No, of course not, so it's back to the Ombudsman tomorrow as that's when the 14 days they had to implement all this expires.

Shambles of a company. It's a shame really as it all started off so well.

EDIT: OK, on THE LAST DAY I received a letter from "The Resolutions Team" at Together basically reiterating verbatim what the Ombudsman told me they were telling Together to do.

I still do not see any sign that any of it has been actioned.

I phoned in and yes, nothing appears to have been done (even though the letter is dated 10 days ago!).

The representative said they would go back to the resolution team to get it sorted.

So in one final blast of goodwill I've told her that if I don't hear anything postive back (with proof) by close of business on Tuesday then it's back to the ombudsman I go.

I'll stick with them until the fixed tariff is over as it's by far the cheapest for me, but after that, I'm off.
    Last edited by meherenow; 04-05-2018 at 11:22 AM. Reason: info
    • Jermanicus
    • By Jermanicus 5th May 18, 1:19 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jermanicus
    Together Energy have been a nightmare right from the get go. First - no welcome pack or confirmation of the switch - I emailed a number of times chasing this, but e-mailing Together Energy is a fruitless exercise. Eventually, two days before my switch date and a number of phonecalls later, I got my welcome pack.

Second, the meter reads. My switch date was 28th December 2017. Despite trying to log in and provide reads, there online 'portal' didn't work. So I phoned and provided them, and sent an email confirmation.

Then in January they finally fixed their online portal and asked for that month's reads. However I immediately noticed that my previous (i.e. opening reads) were at 00000 for both my day and night meters. Again, I e-mailed them. Again, no response. Again, multiple phonecalls. Eventually spoke to a member of staff about my complaint and he assured me that he would personally ensure my opening reads were loaded on to my portal and that the situation would be corrected.

But - he mixed the readings up. He logged the DAY as the NIGHT reading and vice versa. Cue my old supplier (who had been supplied with my correct opening reads from Together Energy on 28th December 2017), stupidly accepting the mixed up readings and chasing me for over £180. Together Energy accepted their blunder and said they would fixed it.

Well, a month later and I'm still waiting.

To sum up, it is evident to me that Together Energy have neither the infrastructure nor ability to adequately service their customers. I think it won't be long before the relevant regulators intervene and ban them from taking on new customers until they sort themselves out.

I'm planning to switch to a new supplier as soon as they sort this current farce. I'm afraid they will have to whistle for their £30 early exit fee as I have no intention of paying it. I'd rather pay more for better service that stick with amateurish companies such as this.
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 5th May 18, 7:52 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    Thought they were improving BUT ....
    Well, having had a reasonable couple of months and they seem to be sorted out .... no request for meter reads in April, submitted them via their portal anyway. They seem to have been accepted as I can see what I submitted as the latest reads BUT have they produced a bill or an updated statement - NO ! I really don't know whats going on with them. They havn't actually cost me anything in cash but I don't have any confidence in them at all.

Is anyone have a trouble free experience???
    • Fromply
    • By Fromply 6th May 18, 6:12 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Fromply
    Its no better if your supplier rejects their opening reads, as mine did.

My old supplier did not receive a response from Together Energy, so went with the revised reads, but Together Energy didn't - resulting in my being double charged.

In trying to fix it, to get it refunded, my old supplier has again hit a brick wall in trying to get a response from Together, the same as I have in my complaints to them. I'm 11 days from being able to escalate my complaint to the ombudsman. Fortunately, next month, my contract with Together ends and I'm free to switch - no matter what price they offer, I wont be going to Together again!

I totally agree with your conclusion - they are failing completely and should be avoided at all cost!
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 6th May 18, 9:02 AM
    • 2,073 Posts
    • 1,970 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    Fromply, I have exactly the same problem. Do let us know whether you get anywhere. I have been double charged for a small amount. I would let it go, but it irritates the hell out of me as they are so incompetent.
    Je suis sabot...
    • Fromply
    • By Fromply 11th May 18, 6:04 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Fromply
    I sure will do Hoof Hearted. I dont see it being resolved particularly quickly though - next Thursday mark 8 weeks since my complaint and when I can escalate to the ombudsman - I don't see that going through particularly quickly (but not sure how quickly they act).

The latest saga from them .....
    End of April: I provided them with my regular monthly meter read.
    Wednesday: Automated Email received saying that April Bills were now available
    Thursday: I logged in, no April bill (I'm not surprised any more)
    Friday: Email from Together, to the effect of: "Oops we forgot to use meter readings provided by our customers this month. New bills available from 11am Monday"
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 11th May 18, 7:12 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    The latest saga from them .....
    End of April: I provided them with my regular monthly meter read.
    Wednesday: Automated Email received saying that April Bills were now available
    Thursday: I logged in, no April bill (I'm not surprised any more)
    Friday: Email from Together, to the effect of: "Oops we forgot to use meter readings provided by our customers this month. New bills available from 11am Monday"
    Originally posted by Fromply
    re Latest Saga from them ...
    I've got exactly the same situation.... what a shower!!!
    • meherenow
    • By meherenow 11th May 18, 3:24 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    meherenow
    A week now since I phoned them and was told they were going to sort it all out.

My goodwill is at an end now, back to the ombudsman it goes...
    • robj20
    • By robj20 15th May 18, 12:41 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    robj20
    Finally got mine sorted. In the end i asked about sending them my opening bill from Bulb would be enough for them to issue me with my final bill and they did. Got my refund for about £160 and deleted my direct debits. Thank god thats done with.
    Probably the worst company i have ever dealt with, and not just for energy.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

211Posts Today

2,250Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin