Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sidbee
    • By sidbee 1st Apr 17, 1:52 PM
    • 49Posts
    • 34Thanks
    sidbee
    Together Energy?
    • 1st Apr 17, 1:52 PM
    Together Energy? 1st Apr 17 at 1:52 PM
    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this supplier? Their site seems very basic, no log in for customers so presumably no online meter reads. Their web site says they started 2 years ago, but they don't show up in Cheap Energy Club's comparisons. However the CAB comparison shows them second only to IRESA for me on price. I want to avoid a shambles like Extra Energy if possible though!
    sidbee
Page 22
    • nigelbb
    • By nigelbb 13th May 19, 1:41 PM
    • 2,625 Posts
    • 3,395 Thanks
    nigelbb
    In in exactly the same position here - I actually spoke to someone on 29th March to raise the incorrect OS bill (which led to an incorrect final Together bill) -no communications since -tried to phone again last week but never got thru to a human - will try again tomorrow
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    I refuse to waste my time by phoning. I’ll just wait until they respond to my email.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th May 19, 5:58 PM
    • 27,218 Posts
    • 325,371 Thanks
    davemorton
    Can I ask how the bills were wrong please, so I know what to look out for when mine come through eventually.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 13th May 19, 8:49 PM
    • 5,749 Posts
    • 2,577 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Can I ask how the bills were wrong please, so I know what to look out for when mine come through eventually.
    Originally posted by davemorton

My One Select bill was wrong because they used a start reading which was lower than the closing read used by the previous supplier, so I was being charged twice for the same units of electricity. When I queried with the previous supplier ,they told me that the figure they had used " must have been supplied by One Select via the verification step".
    The resultant credit from OS was less than it should have been, so the final amount due to Together is increased.
    • Fromply
    • By Fromply 13th May 19, 8:52 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Fromply
    TE did the same with me (I didn't come from One Select) - double charged with incorrect opening readings - it took a heck of a battle through the Ombudsman before I eventually got my money back.
    • PurpleMoonlight
    • By PurpleMoonlight 15th May 19, 1:33 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    PurpleMoonlight
    To conclude my tale of woe.

My complaint against the ombudsman was not upheld by the ombudsman, even though they admitted getting both initial decisions wrong on my complaints.

I have to remain with E.on. They have to pay me £50 compensation.

I have to leave Together Energy, they have to pay me back what they charged me, £150 compensation and £1261 being the additional electricity cost I will have to pay E.on (this is only to 11th March 2019 and I am responsible for additional costs since).

As an aside, E.on have yet to bill me anything. They will eventually levy a bill from 2nd October 2017. I will then try to use the backbilling rules to mitigate the cost.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 15th May 19, 10:43 AM
    • 5,749 Posts
    • 2,577 Thanks
    brewerdave
    I refuse to waste my time by phoning. I’ll just wait until they respond to my email.
    Originally posted by nigelbb

Tried another phone call.......got thru'! BUT it sounded like I was talking to someone 500 miles East of the Philippines - not Scotland- wasted 5 minutes of my life getting nowhere fast as the agent didn't understand my point about meter reads on the One Select bill - I've registered the issue again ,but don't hold out much hope of a resolution.
    Even tho emails haven't worked so far ,I've composed another one
    • A1novice
    • By A1novice 21st May 19, 4:29 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    A1novice
    I was transferred to TogetherEnergy when OneSelect folded. I transferred from them to BULB at the beginning of March and am still waiting for a final bill from them. They had taken 3 direct debits from me before I moved and I should be in credit with them as I was in credit with OneSelect. I have emailed numerous times without any success. Dreadful company.
    • Coys
    • By Coys 23rd May 19, 11:03 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Coys
    I was transferred to TogetherEnergy when OneSelect folded...
    Originally posted by A1novice

Same here. Then we moved house mid-January. I gave them final gas & electric readings which they promptly acknowledged. I am still waiting for my £300 credit balance to be refunded. They've ignored complaint emails so I've opened a case with the Ombudsman.

*edit* by coincidence the Ombudsman upheld my complaint today.
    Together Energy failed in several areas and will be ordered to give a written apology and refund what I'm owed plus £50 compensation.
    I'm not holding my breath ...
    Last edited by Coys; 24-05-2019 at 5:22 PM. Reason: Update: Ombudsan found in my favour
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 23rd May 19, 3:19 PM
    • 5,749 Posts
    • 2,577 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Same here. Then we moved house mid-January. I gave them final gas & electric readings which they promptly acknowledged. I am still waiting for my £300 credit balance to be refunded. They've ignored complaint emails so I've opened a case with the Ombudsman.
    Originally posted by Coys

Together seem to be equally incapable of repaying credits or collecting debits
    • BobCooney
    • By BobCooney 11th Jun 19, 2:31 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    BobCooney
    I note that the reviews on Trustpilot are now almost exclusively 1*, with another 20 in the last 24 hours. There is also a news story in the Glasgow Herald today explaining how they lost £7million in the last financial year.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 11th Jun 19, 7:53 PM
    • 16,875 Posts
    • 23,871 Thanks
    antrobus
    Accounts filed 6 June.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC533489

Loss of £6.9m for y/e 31 Aug 2018; liabilities exceed assets by £7.7m. Auditor's report states that there is a "material uncertainty" about whether it can continue as a going concern.
    • Fromply
    • By Fromply 11th Jun 19, 8:03 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Fromply
    Here's the article from the Glasgow Herald:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/business_hq/17697334.energy-firm-insists-it-is-on-track-as-losses-rise/

They claim that they're doing better than they planned!
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 11th Jun 19, 8:06 PM
    • 16,875 Posts
    • 23,871 Thanks
    antrobus
    The Glasgow Herald report is here.
    https://www.heraldscotland.com/business_hq/17697334.energy-firm-insists-it-is-on-track-as-losses-rise/

Together acquired 33,000 OneSelect customers in Dec 2018. The report states that 10,000 have already left.

I was one of those 10,000. I'm so glad I left.
    • BobCooney
    • By BobCooney 12th Jun 19, 12:40 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    BobCooney
    Here's the article from the Glasgow Herald:

They claim that they're doing better than they planned!
    Originally posted by Fromply
    Thanks for posting the link - the system wouldn't let me because I don't have enough posts. There are actually a number of TE stories from the Business section of the Herald, all of which are rather positive and makes me think TE clearly have a friend there...
    • LynH
    • By LynH 13th Jun 19, 10:36 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    LynH
    This situation is totally out of control. Most of us had no choice in joining TE due to the downfall of Select. Ofgen gave TE the contract when they were a new company already with poor reviews and doubled their customer base over night - there was no way it would end well. I would leave at the drop of a hat but can't get a bill from them and don't want to make a bad situation worse.
    Does any one know who the minister for energy is these days?
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 13th Jun 19, 3:04 PM
    • 5,749 Posts
    • 2,577 Thanks
    brewerdave
    I sent the umpteenth email to them about 3 weeks ago concerning the final "bill" they had sent me from One Select - incorrect credit carried forward- not had an acknowledgement AGAIN!
    If Together go out of business, its going to leave a lot of people with an awful lot of sorting out to do
    • Bark01
    • By Bark01 14th Jun 19, 12:32 PM
    • 803 Posts
    • 263 Thanks
    Bark01
    So far I’ve opened 2 ombudsman cases against TE over miss and have been award £35 and then another £100. Both times TE have marked the complaint complete without contacting me or fixing the issue. I’m currently deciding on wether to raise a third one.

Unlike most I’ve actually been under billed and had my dd significantly reduced. If billed correctly I’d be £500 in debt, so I’m now weighing up the options of trying to get another ombudsman award reducing my debt risk or just waiting it out and applying the back billing rule. I’ve been under billed since July last year so it’s kicking in already.

I’ve been waiting for a bill since November 18 and left feb 19
    • Fromply
    • By Fromply 14th Jun 19, 12:35 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Fromply
    From my experience - marking complaints complete when they've not been dealt with is standard operating procedure for them.
    • LynH
    • By LynH 14th Jun 19, 1:27 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    LynH
    I have today e mailed Greg Clark MP Secretary of State for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy with my complaint and linking him back to this thread. Don't know if it will help but worth a try.
    For those who don't know TE lost £6.8 million up to Aug 2018 - got to start alarm bells ringing in high places!
    • Coys
    • By Coys 14th Jun 19, 4:55 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Coys
    They've owed me the outstanding balance for 6 months (Ombudsman has ruled they should pay by 5th July).

If they fold, is my +ve balance transferred to whoever takes over (and "guaranteed" by OFGEM as happened with Oneselect) or do I become an unsecured creditor as I'm no longer a TE customer?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,249Posts Today

7,601Users online

Martin's Twitter