Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Robisere
    • By Robisere 31st Mar 17, 4:39 PM
    • 2,344Posts
    • 3,164Thanks
    Robisere
    Cashback scam, Argos.
    • 31st Mar 17, 4:39 PM
    Cashback scam, Argos. 31st Mar 17 at 4:39 PM
    I just bought something from Argos online for collection. About to Sign Out when a cashback offer appeared that would have paid for the item. I am always suspicious about these offers, so I scrolled down a little. They wanted my card details, so I scrolled down a bit more. It was an agreement to bill me 15 a month from my card, in order to provide me with cashback offers! SSSSCAAAAAMMMMM!!!!

The site is in the USA and the address is:

one-time-offer.com

Probably operating on other online outlets besides Argos by now. Let's be careful out there!
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
Page 2
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 6th Apr 17, 3:26 PM
    • 4,562 Posts
    • 4,592 Thanks
    DoaM
    But for every Autumnella there must be several others who don't use it efficiently, otherwise the company would go bust in a jiffy.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Donkey_Oatey
    • By Donkey_Oatey 7th Apr 17, 11:31 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Donkey_Oatey
    But for every Autumnella there must be several others who don't use it efficiently, otherwise the company would go bust in a jiffy.
    Originally posted by DoaM

That still doesn't make it a scam. If people sign up for something and then don't use it to their advantage, that's their issue. Labelling this offer a scam, as the OP has done, is disingenuous at best.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 7th Apr 17, 11:52 AM
    • 4,562 Posts
    • 4,592 Thanks
    DoaM
    I didn't say it did ... I was responding to the post immediately before mine - the company obviously relies on people who don't appreciate how best to use it.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Jmomorgan
    • By Jmomorgan 12th Apr 18, 12:30 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jmomorgan
    Cash back
    Hi
    This is not a scam. I use complete cash back and they are extremely good. Especially when I bye so many train tickets. I pay 15 month however get more than that back, straight into my account. You also get a monthly bonus.

Hope this helps
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 12th Apr 18, 12:47 PM
    • 3,097 Posts
    • 4,431 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    As far as I am concerned, any 'freebie' offer which requires my credit card details is a (potential) scam.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Apr 18, 3:12 PM
    • 20,751 Posts
    • 11,590 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Old thread, bumped for no reason.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

366Posts Today

4,316Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin