Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jwil
    • By jwil 27th Mar 17, 2:47 PM
    • 8,621Posts
    • 26,623Thanks
    jwil
    Onwards and downwards...
    • 27th Mar 17, 2:47 PM
    Onwards and downwards... 27th Mar 17 at 2:47 PM
    Hey everyone

Iíve decided itís time for a new diary. Iíve been plodding away for years, robbing Peter to pay Paul, desperately trying to keep on top of everything. Iím fed up with doing this, so at the end of last year I started a DMP with Stepchange. Having someone else do all the hard work takes so much pressure off, and I donít need to worry about it so much now. I wish Iíd done it sooner!

There is also the ongoing saga of clearing the house which has been going on for years. We have cleared most of the stuff we inherited, but still have loads of our own stuff to clear, DH more so than me. Whilst this drives me crazy, it has been invaluable in providing us extra cash while I sell everything that isnít nailed down.

For anyone new popping in (Hello! ) Do stick around. There is me, DH, little jwil (4) and little miss (1). We also have a dog and a cat. DH is doing temporary work at the moment whilst looking for a FT job. My job is very uncertain at the moment, so just clinging on with great hope! I thought it was ok for the next couple of years, but itís all change again now so who knows!

I hope old friends and new will pop in now and again to say hello and give me a boot up the bum
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
Page 45
    • jwil
    • By jwil 1st Mar 18, 12:16 PM
    • 8,621 Posts
    • 26,623 Thanks
    jwil
    Todays pads:

£1.70 to Mortgage
    £1.00 to debt savings
    £1.77 to em savings

Debt savings - £19,320/£18,225 - £1095 paid
    • jwil
    • By jwil 1st Mar 18, 12:21 PM
    • 8,621 Posts
    • 26,623 Thanks
    jwil
    Well this week just gets worse and worse. DH is off with the lurgy now too. The kids are at home due to snow and I'm trying to work.

DH also had a letter from the police this week about failing to stop and exchange details after an accident. The other person drove into his car while he was stationary! He did get out, but they didn't so he left as there wasn't much damage done. I was with him so know what happened. Now it looks like he might get done for that even though it wasn't his fault There's always something
    • mfmaybe
    • By mfmaybe 1st Mar 18, 7:39 PM
    • 1,131 Posts
    • 3,642 Thanks
    mfmaybe
    Oh no that's a worry you don't need. But he won't be done for that, surely? Hopefully common sense will prevail.

I hope everyone starts to feel better soon, too. We are about to have day 3 of closed nursery here.
    BTL Overpayments since 20/4 £30.63

AFD June 8/15 NSD June 5/11

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
    • Kitten868
    • By Kitten868 1st Mar 18, 7:54 PM
    • 906 Posts
    • 1,921 Thanks
    Kitten868
    That's a nerve! Hitting someone's car, not getting out then reporting them. Wow. Sorry jwil. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming xxx
    Loan 1 £5900/£8000
    Loan 2 £3900/£5800
    Total £9800/£13800 29% PAID
    • jwil
    • By jwil 2nd Mar 18, 2:01 PM
    • 8,621 Posts
    • 26,623 Thanks
    jwil
    Oh no that's a worry you don't need. But he won't be done for that, surely? Hopefully common sense will prevail.

I hope everyone starts to feel better soon, too. We are about to have day 3 of closed nursery here.
    Originally posted by mfmaybe
    That's a nerve! Hitting someone's car, not getting out then reporting them. Wow. Sorry jwil. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming xxx
    Originally posted by Kitten868
    I know, it's ridiculous He's reported it to his insurance co and he has legal cover so we will do our best to fight it if it comes to anything.
    • jwil
    • By jwil 2nd Mar 18, 2:05 PM
    • 8,621 Posts
    • 26,623 Thanks
    jwil
    Another day snowed in today. I've been working from home but it's a bit of a PITA with everyone home.

We've had a fair bit of snow and were in the red warning area yesterday. It was freezing rain overnight, our windows are covered in ice and if you go out on the snow, it's sheet ice on top so it's lethal out there.

It's little jwil's party on Sunday so really hoping it clears before then as we've still got all the food to get. Also it will be a bit gutting if no one can come. I'm hoping they'll all be stir crazy by then so will make the effort It's walking distance for most people I think.
    • jwil
    • By jwil 5th Mar 18, 1:55 PM
    • 8,621 Posts
    • 26,623 Thanks
    jwil
    Little jwil's party went ahead ok in the end. Most people turned up and he had a great time, so that's good.

I think I'm going to have a quiet couple of weeks, and try and get rid of this bug, I'm still feeling rough and DH has had it as well.
    • retiredandskint
    • By retiredandskint 5th Mar 18, 6:46 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 4,525 Thanks
    retiredandskint
    I'm glad jwil got to have his party and he enjoyed it so important at his age. We have a disappointed GD whose main birthday present didn't turn up because of the snow.

I think you're right in taking a couple of weeks off to recover fully. Once you've got over this bug you can get on with debt busting and decluttering.

Hope you're feeling on top of the world soon.
    • jwil
    • By jwil 6th Mar 18, 1:13 PM
    • 8,621 Posts
    • 26,623 Thanks
    jwil
    Thank you retired Sorry to hear your GD's present didn't turn up, hope it arrives soon.

I was feeling a bit better today, but once I start eating, my stomach seems to get upset again. I'm still shattered too. I'll try and eat light bland stuff for a few days and hopefully that will make things better. I weighed myself the other day and am 10lbs down so silver linings etc
    • jwil
    • By jwil 6th Mar 18, 1:18 PM
    • 8,621 Posts
    • 26,623 Thanks
    jwil
    We both had a few sales this weekend. DH has sold some more bulky stuff so that's good. It's all been posted bar one unpaid item, so it's nice to see the back of it all. I don't have anything going out now for over a week, so bar trying to get some listing done, will be having a break.

We sold the last of some furniture pieces as well this week, and that should be getting picked up today. More space gained

The kids have broken the curtain rail in their room though, so I need to look into replacing that.
    • remote_control
    • By remote_control 6th Mar 18, 7:41 PM
    • 257 Posts
    • 973 Thanks
    remote_control
    I was going to ask how the ebaying was going - you're my inspiration!
    • jwil
    • By jwil 7th Mar 18, 2:22 PM
    • 8,621 Posts
    • 26,623 Thanks
    jwil
    I was going to ask how the ebaying was going - you're my inspiration!
    Originally posted by remote_control
    Aww thank you It's not going anywhere much at the moment! I've just had no motivation. Must get back to it though. I'm going to try and get some more on tomorrow for 10 days which will mean I've had a good week away from much of it.

Saying that, I've sold a BIN today, something that's been on for ages
    • jwil
    • By jwil 7th Mar 18, 2:24 PM
    • 8,621 Posts
    • 26,623 Thanks
    jwil
    I've done a good few prolific surveys today so can now cash out on there I don't wait til £20 as I like to cash out on sites as soon as I can just in case there become any issues.
    • AdventureWanted
    • By AdventureWanted 7th Mar 18, 4:24 PM
    • 551 Posts
    • 1,633 Thanks
    AdventureWanted
    You're doing really well Jwil. That reminds me that I haven't checked prolific in about a week.
    • jwil
    • By jwil 8th Mar 18, 8:18 AM
    • 8,621 Posts
    • 26,623 Thanks
    jwil
    You're doing really well Jwil. That reminds me that I haven't checked prolific in about a week.
    Originally posted by AdventureWanted
    Thank you I'm terrible for remembering to check!
    • jwil
    • By jwil 8th Mar 18, 8:28 AM
    • 8,621 Posts
    • 26,623 Thanks
    jwil
    I've got an ambitious 'to do' list for the rest of the week. I'm finally starting to feel better so I want to get back to it

Amazon pantry order
    Look for curtain rail for kids
    Pay in little jwil's birthday cheque
    Little jwil's thank you cards
    Catch up with ebay listings
    Clean kitchen
    Clean bathroom
    Change beds
    Change towels and bathmats
    Clean kids bedroom and reorganise books
    Get DH to build toy storage
    Open all doors and windows to let fresh air in
    Hang washing on line
    Vacuum downstairs
    Vacuum upstairs
    Tidy clothing
    Register with holiday club
    Book after school club
    Book school lunches
    Do eBay sales admin
    Sort out proof of postings
    Do financial admin
    Update declutter list and Feb's totals
    Check packaging levels
    Sort out new stuff to list
    Cash in PA
    Cash out £5 amazon on one site
    Cash out £5 amazon on second site
    Cash out TCB
    Catch up with surveys and check balances

That will do for now
    • jwil
    • By jwil 8th Mar 18, 9:24 AM
    • 8,621 Posts
    • 26,623 Thanks
    jwil
    2nd lot of washing in. One lot out on the line, one drying on radiators as we need it to be back on the bed tonight. Windows and doors all open. It's weird as there's still snow on the ground in the garden, yet it's really mild and sunny!

I love feeling motivated again

I've taken the Easter Holidays as unpaid leave, so I'm going to be down a week's wages this month and next month . So I need to try and earn some of that back with selling some stuff. It also means I need to try and cut back where I can this month. The snow helped there as we didn't do any grocery shopping last week (and weren't really eating anyway as we were ill) so we've been using stuff from the cupboards and freezer. It does all need to be replaced now though, hence the amazon pantry order which I can use some of my survey vouchers towards.
    • in need of direction
    • By in need of direction 8th Mar 18, 9:31 AM
    • 5,073 Posts
    • 29,464 Thanks
    in need of direction
    Glad to see that your mojo is back
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83 today £75,268.93, target £65,000 by 31/12/18 Offset fund today £247.27 target £5,500 by 31/12/18
    Emergency fund £0.7/5.5k & £200/200 cash.
    Current weight loss RUBBISH need to refocus
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.
    • jwil
    • By jwil 8th Mar 18, 4:41 PM
    • 8,621 Posts
    • 26,623 Thanks
    jwil
    Glad to see that your mojo is back
    Originally posted by in need of direction
    Thank you, it makes a nice change!
    • jwil
    • By jwil 8th Mar 18, 4:43 PM
    • 8,621 Posts
    • 26,623 Thanks
    jwil
    Amazon pantry order
    Look for curtain rail for kids
    Pay in little jwil's birthday cheque
    Little jwil's thank you cards
    Catch up with ebay listings
    Clean kitchen
    Clean bathroom
    Change beds
    Change towels and bathmats
    Clean kids bedroom and reorganise books
    Get DH to build toy storage
    Open all doors and windows to let fresh air in
    Hang washing on line
    Vacuum downstairs
    Vacuum upstairs
    Tidy clothing
    Register with holiday club
    Book after school club
    Book school lunches
    Do eBay sales admin
    Sort out proof of postings
    Do financial admin
    Update declutter list and Feb's totals
    Check packaging levels
    Sort out new stuff to list
    Cash in PA
    Cash out £5 amazon on one site
    Cash out £5 amazon on second site
    Cash out TCB
    Catch up with surveys and check balances
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

1,629Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin