Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 26th Mar 17, 12:20 PM
    • 14,328Posts
    • 13,526Thanks
    sourcrates
    DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12
    • 26th Mar 17, 12:20 PM
    DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12 26th Mar 17 at 12:20 PM
    Welcome to the DMP mutual support thread Part 12 !!

Here you can find help in starting and running your DMP, self managed, Stepchange, Payplan and any other DMP all welcome here, but we do encourage you to use a free service, not one you pay for.

There is help on getting interest and charges stopped, how to start with an emergency fund, defaults, token payments and lots more.

If you are in a DMP or thinking of one, this is the place to be. We are non judgmental and all questions are welcome.

Again the old thread was getting a tad long, so time for a new one.

The old thread can be found here :

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5285089

Once again, i think the original "newbie" post by sazzie23 still rings true.
    Last edited by sourcrates; 26-03-2017 at 12:50 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Page 146
    • ramblehan
    • By ramblehan 14th Feb 18, 4:22 PM
    • 607 Posts
    • 1,246 Thanks
    ramblehan
    Hi Carboot. Thanks for responding. They are newer than that - I guess I could still do CCA requests but if that means I'll get a PS marker on my credit file that may still not help with trying to get a mortgage.
    I also posted this on the mortgage board and someone made a useful comment which was to make the enquiry about mortgages before settling anything and work out which would be better (Paying off debts in full and getting XX interest rates, Vs Partially settling and interest rates and then make a call on whichever was the best) - seems like a sensible suggestion....i guess any money I save on paying the debt, will just be chucked at a bigger deposit.

It's all a bit of a game......just not one I'd like to be playing!!
    • motivated
    • By motivated 14th Feb 18, 4:25 PM
    • 2,205 Posts
    • 4,391 Thanks
    motivated
    Hi all
    Just checked our credit reports to see that on both mine and DHs our MBNA accounts are no longer showing. They have been sold onto PRA who we are now paying. Could this be why do you think?

Some good news too. Our PPI complaints have thrown up £2,400 for a loan and 2 CCs. No idea what CCs they are referring to but Iím not complaining

No account details just names and addresses so this will boost our F&F account massively.

Will be making F&F offers before the years out. I love DMP land
    I have arrived in DMP land and I like it, I may stay a while
    LBM £82,590 Jan 17/£76,672.91 June 18
    Short term goal £1603.73/£1796 / PDBX 18 # 31 - £3435.52/£5,000
    • leanne12345
    • By leanne12345 14th Feb 18, 5:45 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    leanne12345
    Hi, is anyone else having trouble getting onto NEDCAB? It's saying it's security certificate expired 3 days ago so the connection isn't private etc. I've tried on my phone and laptop but not sure if it's just me?
    • motivated
    • By motivated 14th Feb 18, 6:05 PM
    • 2,205 Posts
    • 4,391 Thanks
    motivated
    Hi, is anyone else having trouble getting onto NEDCAB? It's saying it's security certificate expired 3 days ago so the connection isn't private etc. I've tried on my phone and laptop but not sure if it's just me?
    Originally posted by leanne12345

Hi. Itís saying the same for me too. Wonder what thatís about
    M
    • leanne12345
    • By leanne12345 14th Feb 18, 6:20 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    leanne12345
    Hi. Itís saying the same for me too. Wonder what thatís about
    M
    Originally posted by motivated
    Thanks- I'm kind of glad it's not just me! Hopefully it's something they can get sorted soon.
    • MK-4
    • By MK-4 14th Feb 18, 6:59 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    MK-4
    Hi everyone, and thanks for all the inspiration and help. I am currently changing banking details and direct debits, with the next stage to write to all the creditors before creating an EM and finally going live with SC.

More questions?
    Do all the creditors need to be informed at the same time?
    Do I offer a token payment and give them an estimated start date of increased payments?
    • alana171
    • By alana171 14th Feb 18, 7:37 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    alana171
    Hi all
    I!!!8217;ve had a letter from the Halifax CC people stating !!!8220;despite several reminders including the issue of a default notice your account is still in arrears....this is a formal demand for you to repay the account balance....blah blah, we will instruct a debt collection agency within 14 days if payment is not received.
    They know I am with step change, so I do I need to reply or is it just one of their stand mailings?
    Thanks
    Emergency Fund £100/£1000
    DMP Debt Free Date January 2023
    • January2015
    • By January2015 14th Feb 18, 7:46 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 5,181 Thanks
    January2015
    Hi all
    Just checked our credit reports to see that on both mine and DHs our MBNA accounts are no longer showing. They have been sold onto PRA who we are now paying. Could this be why do you think?

Some good news too. Our PPI complaints have thrown up £2,400 for a loan and 2 CCs. No idea what CCs they are referring to but Iím not complaining

No account details just names and addresses so this will boost our F&F account massively.

Will be making F&F offers before the years out. I love DMP land
    Give it a month or two and the debts will appear back on your credit files with the new owner You are lucky they have removed the original owner first - I had several which were listed twice when they were sold. Credit files showed original creditor AND DCA - my unsecured debt total rocketed I soon chased that problem down

Well done on the PPI. I haven't ever looked into PPI. I have always declined it, but I do realise that doesn't mean it wasn't added without our knowledge in some form or other. Perhaps that should be my next goal. I did have a company send through a load of bumph about sign here and we will sort it for you (for a percentage of any successful claim). That bumph went straight through the shredder, so I just need to put myself in gear and get checking.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k I'm driving it down
    £1k emergency fund (member #84) £1k/£1k
    [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2]
    • motivated
    • By motivated 14th Feb 18, 7:50 PM
    • 2,205 Posts
    • 4,391 Thanks
    motivated
    Thanks January

I used the resolver tool on this site. No account numbers just addresses and names and a rough estimate when the card or loan was taken out. (Roughly 1998)
    I have no idea what the money is even for or no recollection of any PPI etc.

Give it a go you have nothing to lose.
    M
    • January2015
    • By January2015 14th Feb 18, 7:51 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 5,181 Thanks
    January2015
    Thanks January

I used the resolver tool on this site. No account numbers just addresses and names and a rough estimate when the card or loan was taken out. I have no idea what the money is even for or no recollection of any PPI etc.

M
    Do you know which companies you were successful if getting PPI back from ??
    [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2]
    • motivated
    • By motivated 14th Feb 18, 7:56 PM
    • 2,205 Posts
    • 4,391 Thanks
    motivated
    Do you know which companies you were successful if getting PPI back from ??
    Originally posted by January2015
    I know the loan was from TSB but the 2 CCs I donít ever remember having them. They must be from TSB also.

The £187 plevin thingy was from Everyday Loans

I told you I was rubbish with money

Sourcrates will tell me off in a minute for going off DMP posts. Sorry Sourcrates
    M
    • Suseka97
    • By Suseka97 14th Feb 18, 8:26 PM
    • 294 Posts
    • 392 Thanks
    Suseka97
    Seriously getting jarred off with Link now... they've not provided the requisite documents for the CCA request. Have written to them more than once saying so and they still keep sending letters reminding us of what we owe and of the need to make arrangements to pay blah...blah.. Now they've started sending my OH text messages saying much to same despite the fact they've been told they have to make all communications in writing only.. Jeez!!

There outfit is a total joke. I have even written to their MD/CEO and still no joy. Don't quite know what to do to get them to respond to the CCA issue bar sending yet another letter... or maybe I should just ignore them for the foreseeable and/or until they ever try and escalate this to Court action. Or maybe I should complain to some other regulatory body. Would be funny if it wasn't so irritating
    LBM Apr13: 14 Creditors / £85k+ owed
    Self-managed Aug17
    Current Status: 3 UE's and 3 with CCA's pending / £11k o/s
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 14th Feb 18, 9:13 PM
    • 14,328 Posts
    • 13,526 Thanks
    sourcrates
    Seriously getting jarred off with Link now... they've not provided the requisite documents for the CCA request. Have written to them more than once saying so and they still keep sending letters reminding us of what we owe and of the need to make arrangements to pay blah...blah.. Now they've started sending my OH text messages saying much to same despite the fact they've been told they have to make all communications in writing only.. Jeez!!

There outfit is a total joke. I have even written to their MD/CEO and still no joy. Don't quite know what to do to get them to respond to the CCA issue bar sending yet another letter... or maybe I should just ignore them for the foreseeable and/or until they ever try and escalate this to Court action. Or maybe I should complain to some other regulatory body. Would be funny if it wasn't so irritating
    Originally posted by Suseka97
    Even if the debt is unenforceable they can still chase you for payment unfortunately.

Try writing and telling them your not paying as they have not complied with your CCA request.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • January2015
    • By January2015 14th Feb 18, 9:45 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 5,181 Thanks
    January2015
    Thanks January

I used the resolver tool on this site. No account numbers just addresses and names and a rough estimate when the card or loan was taken out. (Roughly 1998)

M
    Well, I bit the bullet and I've put in 20 PPI check enquiries using the Resolver tool. Thanks for the nudge to make me do this.

What do you mean 'off topic' 'not DMP' Of course this relates to our DMPs, if they hadn't added money we might have been able to afford the debts in the first place

Or.... maybe not
    [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2]
    • motivated
    • By motivated 14th Feb 18, 10:29 PM
    • 2,205 Posts
    • 4,391 Thanks
    motivated
    Well, I bit the bullet and I've put in 20 PPI check enquiries using the Resolver tool. Thanks for the nudge to make me do this.

What do you mean 'off topic' 'not DMP' Of course this relates to our DMPs, if they hadn't added money we might have been able to afford the debts in the first place

Or.... maybe not

Good for you. You have nothing to lose. Fingers crossed you get a nice surprise like we did
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 15th Feb 18, 2:10 AM
    • 4,809 Posts
    • 27,314 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    Well done. Good Luck. You certainly don't hang about do you?. I'm still procrastinating over a claim for one of my 'definites' after months of making excuses. I can't fathom who I need to claim from. It's for a House of Fraser storecard from years back which was run by GE. Santander took their storecards over but Santander have told me MBNA are responsible. I phoned MBNA in desperation and they hadn't a clue why I'd been told they were responsible for this card. I know I definitely had PPI on this card but am going round in circles trying to find who is responsible for it. I'll definitely try Resolver now.. Thanks to motivated for mentioning it. I doubt it will be a big payout but every little helps as they say.

I also have one for a very small Lloyds loan, again from many years ago, but I paid off this loan early after just one year so the payout will be miniscule. I don't want to claim this until I've done a F&F with Lloyds as I'm worried they might use any payout towards my debt with them. Am deliberately delaying this claim for that reason.

Incidentally I've already had 2 payouts from M&S Bank. They couldn't have been more helpful and they speedily investigated my claims based on the very little information that I was able to provide. They were from ages back and netted over £2500 in total which kick-started my F&F fund nicely
    Last edited by carbootcrazy; 15-02-2018 at 2:17 AM.
    Make £10 A Day Challenge 2018: Jan-May: £1988.00+. June: £287.77

Original Debt: £56804 (@02/13). Now: £9618
    . Under £10K at long last.
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 15th Feb 18, 2:24 AM
    • 4,809 Posts
    • 27,314 Thanks
    carbootcrazy

Good for you. You have nothing to lose. Fingers crossed you get a nice surprise like we did
    Well done, motivated. Thanks for telling us about this, I hadn't thought of using Resolver before but I certainly will now

Can I ask you approximately how long did it take from submitting your Resolver query to actually receiving the money please? Once you'd contacted Resolver did they do the rest or did you then have to deal with TSB directly yourself? I haven't a clue how Resolver works
    Make £10 A Day Challenge 2018: Jan-May: £1988.00+. June: £287.77

Original Debt: £56804 (@02/13). Now: £9618
    . Under £10K at long last.
    • motivated
    • By motivated 15th Feb 18, 7:29 AM
    • 2,205 Posts
    • 4,391 Thanks
    motivated
    Well done, motivated. Thanks for telling us about this, I hadn't thought of using Resolver before but I certainly will now

Can I ask you approximately how long did it take from submitting your Resolver query to actually receiving the money please? Once you'd contacted Resolver did they do the rest or did you then have to deal with TSB directly yourself? I haven't a clue how Resolver works
    Originally posted by carbootcrazy
    Hi CBC

It took exactly 8 weeks from when we put the complaint through on resolver. The 8 week deadline was yesterday so we phoned them for an update to be told how much we were getting and that they will be sending a cheque.

We had 2 text messages during the 8 weeks and DH had a 2 minute phonecall from them just to verity who we were etc. We only got their number as we missed the call and they left a voice mail asking us to call them back.

If it is not sorted by the 8 weeks Resolver will also escalate to the Financial Ombudsman for you.

Resolver did everything for it.

Good luck
    M
    • Suseka97
    • By Suseka97 15th Feb 18, 9:47 AM
    • 294 Posts
    • 392 Thanks
    Suseka97
    Even if the debt is unenforceable they can still chase you for payment unfortunately.
    Try writing and telling them your not paying as they have not complied with your CCA request.
    Originally posted by sourcrates
    Thanks Sourcrates. I know they can still pursue the debt, but my main beef is that they are not responding to letters sent basically saying they've not complied and asking them to do so. As far as I was aware, creditors had to hold off collection activity until they provided the requisite documents. But I'll take your advice and the next letter will state specifically that they won't be getting another penny until they've complied with the CCA request in its entirety and remind them they do not have permission to contact us other than by letter.
    LBM Apr13: 14 Creditors / £85k+ owed
    Self-managed Aug17
    Current Status: 3 UE's and 3 with CCA's pending / £11k o/s
    • MK-4
    • By MK-4 15th Feb 18, 12:16 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    MK-4
    Thanks January

M
    Thanks January.
    This was to be the next step in my DF journey and will be starting this over the weekend. I have been worried about doing this causing issues with the creditors or my credit rating. Now from all the positive people and info on this site those worries are all gone.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

33Posts Today

3,760Users online

Martin's Twitter