DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Comments

• Suseka97
    Suseka97 Posts: 1,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hi everyone
    I didn't mean to sound rude the other day, I just panicked. I've had another letter this time from Lloyds saying I haven't kept to the agreement so they've cancelled it and will begin collection activity, even though I've only so far done one lowered payment which they were fine with when I spoke to them about it. Is this ok? I just continue?

Didn't read your post as rude Rebecca :) you were clearly fretting and that happens, you just need to work through it. As others have said, this is just another (standard) part of the process and there's no need to worry about it. Just carry on as you are.
    Hello all!
    Had a cheeky night away at Alton Towers (which was much needed and fabulous!).
    I made some particularly low f&f offers to some creditors a few weeks back, most have said a big fat NO, but Lloyds have countered with an impressive 70% off! It's an £8k debt, so I'm really happy with that!

Nice one HH ::T a 70% discount is pretty awesome and whilst you may have to raise your f&fs to the others - here's hoping you still get some good discounts.

I've still not heard back from Link on 2 of the 3 CCA's I sent to them which is a bit odd as the letters were all sent in the same envelope. I wish there was an easy way of checking if a postal order has been cashed - but will have to wait and see what happens when they don't get the Aug payment.

Finally got the provider who holds our secured loan to confirm that the loan has been restructured due to the PPI complaint that was upheld. Has taken almost 5 weeks and numerous phone calls to get to this point. That means our monthly payment now drops by just over £200 -more money going in to the F&F pot.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 23 July 2017 at 12:34PM
    Suseka97 wrote: »

.......I've still not heard back from Link on 2 of the 3 CCA's I sent to them which is a bit odd as the letters were all sent in the same envelope. I wish there was an easy way of checking if a postal order has been cashed - but will have to wait and see what happens when they don't get the Aug payment.

Hi, Suseka. I hope you're having a good weekend.

Just a bit of info on my 2 CCA requests to Link. Both of the debts were MBNA credit card ones and, like you, I sent both requests to Link in the same envelope. I had 2 identical responses (posted separately) 5 days after I posted my requests telling me that they had to contact MBNA directly for the information.

I heard back from Link that one was unenforceable:j:j:j after a further 7 weeks of waiting and the second one (which sadly is enforceable:mad:) after 8 weeks. They aren't exactly speedy are they?:eek:

I agree with you about not knowing if POs are ever received and cashed but at least I had the initial response after 5 days so that set my mind at rest. Other creditors didn't reply at all until they sent the documentation (eventually) and that was several weeks of not knowing if my request ever reached them. It's an anxious wait, isn't it? If Link definitely responded on one of your debts at least you know they received the requests and POs, seeing as they were all sent in the one envelope.

You didn't say how long ago you sent off your CCA requests but if you haven't had even an acknowledgement and been told that they have had to refer back to the original creditor and it's been several weeks maybe you could write and check what's going on. Can't do any harm and might even speed them up a bit.

I think there's supposed to be a statutory time frame for responding to CCA requests but I'm not sure what it is:o and I take all that with a pinch of salt anyway;)

Good Luck:beer:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 24 July 2017 at 3:47AM
    Hello

I've only been in a self managed DMP since November of last year.
    That lloyds account is being managed by Westcot. So it's not long been defaulted.
    It is a fairly old loan, which was originally for £15,000. We were paying just £1 per month since November.
    I offered 25% and they countered, so I'm going to go for the 30%. Which they have confirmed in letter form that they will close the account and will not chase or sell the remainder.
    I'm really pleased! Brings our total debt to under 70k now!!! Hahaha!

Wow, heavenlyharry, that's a brilliant result:T. Well done you:A

I was really interested in this as my biggest debt is with Lloyds for a credit card. Like yours it started at just over £15000 and is now in the £7000s. It too is being managed by Wescot and I'm currently just starting on a few months of token payments now I'm self-managing:j.

I'm not going down the F&F route just yet as I'm not far enough in to the token payments to have set off any alarm bells with them. Hopefully by the end of this year;). If I could get 30% I'd be over the moon and your success has really inspired me as Lloyds have been the most difficult of my creditors to deal with in every way:(. I would never have had the courage to offer such a low amount, knowing how unhelpful they have always been and would have probably started at 50% and had my hand snatched off:rotfl:
  • Leanneglos1
    Leanneglos1 Posts: 84 Forumite
    Hi all, with F&F offers, how long did you guys typically leave it before you offered these, I'm very early days in to a DMP but just curious to help me plan for the future:)
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Julie67 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I have had 2 come back unenforceable as they can't currently supply what i requested, another three have acknowledged and cashed the cheques and put the accounts on hold but I have had nothing since and then just one , Nationwide who stupidly knocked the cheque off the outstanding debt and ignored the request! I'm currently repeating the request to them.
    Off the 2 who have said unenforceable I have heard nothing since, the 3 who are working on it , I have heard nothing since the acknowledgement.
    I know some advice says to follow up with a reminder but I tend to agree that no news is good news

Just an update on the above. So of the two unenforceable Idem (Halifax) have written requesting the full amount. I have wrote back saying as it's unenforceable I won't be paying anything and asking them to write it off! bit cheeky I know but thought it was a starting point. PRA (barclaycard) are the other company with the unenforceable debt. Nothing from then since they admitted this end of May.
    The three who have put the accounts on hold NCO (HSBC this is our biggest debt at £14,000 so really hoping no news is good news ) and Robinson Way (Tesco) and lowell (asda CC) haven't heard anything since mid May and the accounts are on hold.
    Finally Nationwide who messed up the CCA request have told my DH verbally that they cannot find the them. He has asked for this in writing , nothing yet other than a letter saying they've opened a complaint on his behalf.
    In a nutshell so far, not one of our 6 creditors have provided any kind of paperwork in response to our CCA requests which were sent on 12th May:eek:
    I guess it's still just wait and see at the moment, glad to hear of your F&F success HH can I ask was this an unenforceable debt?
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Hi everyone Just a wee update

So it's been over 2 months since I did my own dmp and ditched B+E best thing my wife and I ever did

Off the 7 creditors we cca,d only 3 have got back to us so far,2 of them are with westcot , 1 with capital one,
    I phoned capital one and did an income and expenditure and dropped my payments to them no hassle what so ever and I used the same I + e for westcot again no hassle but they both want a review in 6 months the other 4 are still trying to get the paper work together, they are not getting any payment or asking for any until they get the paper work, I am currently putting the money that they were getting away in an envelope to hopefully one day do full and finals , if anyone has doubts about self dmp all I can say is go for it , it's the best thing we did with the help off this great forum and it's members, we are very grateful to all the advice we have received and can honestly say I am putting it into practice, as idem phoned and tried it on trying to get money out off me I just stated that I am still waiting for my cca request to be fulfilled he said they will look into it then said goodbye lol,

Thanks again for the brilliant advice received from everyone so far in our journey to becoming debt free still along way to go but my wife and I feel more confident about it

Max
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Hi max and Sasha.

I totally agree about self managing a DMP. I too have found the strength to deal with creditors now whereas before I would've hid. We too still have a huge trek in front of us but the relief is unbelievable. Not being scared anymore. I sometimes have a slight wobble but as you said the great members on here soon see me right again :A
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Hi motivated

I think it's par for the course to have a wobble now and then but we just come on here and find our friends who are in the same position and pick ourselves back up again and keep on fighting the battle we all want to win

Max
  • DavesDevil
    DavesDevil Posts: 12 Forumite
    Just a little update from me. My self-managed DMP is going well. 8 out of 9 creditors are on token payments for 6 months - not sure what will happen after the 6 months. My 9th creditor said I couldn't afford to pay anything so have put my account on hold for 6 months. I sent a F&F offer to Westcot who are managing a Halifax CC. I wasn't expecting them to accept but they have!! It was a very small debt and I offered at just under 50% so I am very happy with that.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Great news DavesDevil. One to tick off your list. Thouroughly enjoying seeing people's successes
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family