Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SamPerry
    • By SamPerry 19th Mar 17, 2:03 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 12Thanks
    SamPerry
    UKPC 'Driver left site'
    • 19th Mar 17, 2:03 PM
    UKPC 'Driver left site' 19th Mar 17 at 2:03 PM
    Hi,

I just wanted some advice about a parking charge attached to the windscreen of a car I am the registered keeper of at a UKPC controlled car park a couple of days ago. The note inside states that the attendant had reason to believe that the driver/owner had left site-this is against the terms of parking which are displayed, albeit very high up in small print, on numerous signs around the car park.

No notice or gate/doorway etc warning that proceeding past would result in leaving the site appears to be present at the location. Nor did anyone (i.e. the parking attendant who issued the notice) make any warning that it was the site boundary. There also does not appear to be a boundary map displayed whenlooked for after the PCN was issued.

Cash was used in the restaraunt and no receipt was retained so have no proof (apart from restaraunt cctv).

I've read up on here and other forums about this but am a little confused as I'm led to believe the law has recently changed on such matters.

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by SamPerry; 19-03-2017 at 8:54 PM.
Page 3
    • SamPerry
    • By SamPerry 6th May 17, 7:17 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    SamPerry
    I did do a retailer complaint but had absolutely no response from them apart from an auto-confirmation email. I assumed they were refusing to discuss car parking matters but perhaps behind the scenes they did do something. I was thinking the template letter off here did it combined with the fact they had no evidence to prove if te driver left site or not so knew a POPLA code would be a waste of their money.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 7th May 17, 2:58 PM
    • 9,487 Posts
    • 9,244 Thanks
    The Deep
    Leaving site is probably an unfai term anyway. Supposing the driver was knocked down and taken away in an ambulance
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 7th May 17, 3:54 PM
    • 12,334 Posts
    • 16,642 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    According to the letter it's The Apex, sheriffs orchard, CV1 3PP
    Originally posted by SamPerry
    Oh, I know exactly where that is

Also, that's different to the address used on a phishing email sent by other scammers pretending to be UKPC, but less than half a mile away as the crow flies
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

I had to put mothballs in my wallet - the moths had learned the PINs to my cards...
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th May 17, 4:02 PM
    • 17,986 Posts
    • 28,477 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Leaving site is probably an unfai term anyway. Supposing the driver was knocked down and taken away in an ambulance
    Originally posted by The Deep
    It wouldn't stop them - and they'd probably have a pop at the ambulance too. It's not as though it would be the first time a private parking company saw a money making opportunity by ticketing an emergency vehicle.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/parking-fines-issued-ambulance-fire-6095576
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 7th May 17, 4:39 PM
    • 9,487 Posts
    • 9,244 Thanks
    The Deep
    It is hardly a "money making opportunity" when it attracts this sort of unwelcome publicity. Hospital car parking charges are a contentious issue at the best of times, Trusts are already under fire for killing babies, they do not need antagonise the public thusly.

trying to charge someon for putting an "0" instead of an "O" is never going to be B2oY
    Last edited by The Deep; 07-05-2017 at 4:45 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • prowla
    • By prowla 7th May 17, 4:50 PM
    • 9,819 Posts
    • 7,913 Thanks
    prowla
    It wouldn't stop them - and they'd probably have a pop at the ambulance too. It's not as though it would be the first time a private parking company saw a money making opportunity by ticketing an emergency vehicle.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/parking-fines-issued-ambulance-fire-6095576
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Blooming 'eck - I know we have local closures, but an ambulance having to go from Berkshire to Warrington is a bit OTT!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th May 17, 9:35 PM
    • 17,986 Posts
    • 28,477 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    It is hardly a "money making opportunity" when it attracts this sort of unwelcome publicity. Hospital car parking charges are a contentious issue at the best of times, Trusts are already under fire for killing babies, they do not need antagonise the public thusly.

trying to charge someon for putting an "0" instead of an "O" is never going to be B2oY
    Originally posted by The Deep
    You're making the assumption that the parking drongo can intellectualise the issues. He won't give a flying f*ck, just as long as he can unload a ticket.

Not your normal leaning towards scepticism, TD.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Leftycc
    • By Leftycc 11th Jan 18, 9:08 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Leftycc
    Thank you all! Success!
    I had a similar situation to the original poster: a UKPC charge notice claiming the driver had left the site at a out of town shopping complex. The photographic evidence supplied on their website just showed an empty car and then a photo of a parking information sign.

Based on the advice on this post and the 'Newbie' thread called: **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou! -- Sorry I can't post the actual URL

I sent the stock response for BPA members (written in blue on the thread) at about day 26 after the ticket was issued via their online appeal form.

I was delighted to receive an email a few days ago apologising for the inconvenience and informing me that the charge had been cancelled.

Thank you so much to all of you, really appreciate it. Also as a bit of advice to anyone who needs to appeal in a similar way, be careful when you copy the text into the appeal form, I almost sent the whole thread which I imagine may have resulted in a different outcome!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jan 18, 9:13 PM
    • 58,388 Posts
    • 71,916 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Well done, easy wasn't it?! Glad it worked again.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• DWylie1982
    • By DWylie1982 7th Mar 18, 1:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DWylie1982
    Newbie here
    Hi all,

I received two (yes 2) of these in the post today, stating the "vehicle owner/driver2 left site. Having seen thread this thread it appears I have good grounds for appeal and a NEWBIE thread is being referenced. Does anyone have a link to this thread to help me?

I also think I may get a few more of these in the post soon (lots of people use this car park as its close to work but appears they are now trying to get people this way). Can I appeal more than one occurrence??

Thanks in advance
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Mar 18, 1:12 PM
    • 17,986 Posts
    • 28,477 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Does anyone have a link to this thread to help me?
    It's just one page back from this one. Click on your 'Back' button ( < ) to take you to the forum thread list and the NEWBIES FAQ sticky is one of the 4 permanently pinned to the top of the forum.

Anything further you need after reading the sticky, please start a new thread of your own so that you get bespoke advice about your tickets.

• nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 7th Mar 18, 1:13 PM
    • 2,748 Posts
    • 3,412 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    1) Start your own thread! As the rules told you to, the ones you cliecked and didnt read
    2) Newbies thread is on PAGE ONE of this forum, again, wher eyou have just been . Dont search, just go back one step to the front page, and find the really obious thread.
    • Sam_1981
    • By Sam_1981 26th Apr 18, 8:51 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Sam_1981
    Many Thanks !!
    I faced a similar situation of 'driver left the site' notice by UKPC and thanks to this forum they had to cancel it.

I had parked my car in the car park which still had lots of empty spaces and went to cash machine - did not realize that this came under - 'driver left the site' crazy rule made by UKPC.

When I returned within 10 mins I saw the notice pasted on my car. I quickly went to the shop at site, made a 5 pound purchase and slammed the bill along with the advice based on this forum to UKPC. The result was after few days they sent me a notice that my Parking Charge has been cancelled in full. This also proves they have no cameras installed at the site and will give up if you are willing to fight.

So, this is a scam and people should fight against it.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 26th Apr 18, 9:02 PM
    • 17,986 Posts
    • 28,477 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    did not realize that this came under - 'driver left the site' crazy rule made by UKPC.
    ....... as another excuse to fleece drivers for every penny they have.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 26th Apr 18, 9:34 PM
    • 7,531 Posts
    • 10,020 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I faced a similar situation of 'driver left the site' notice by UKPC and thanks to this forum they had to cancel it.

I had parked my car in the car park which still had lots of empty spaces and went to cash machine - did not realize that this came under - 'driver left the site' crazy rule made by UKPC.

When I returned within 10 mins I saw the notice pasted on my car. I quickly went to the shop at site, made a 5 pound purchase and slammed the bill along with the advice based on this forum to UKPC. The result was after few days they sent me a notice that my Parking Charge has been cancelled in full. This also proves they have no cameras installed at the site and will give up if you are willing to fight.

So, this is a scam and people should fight against it.
    Originally posted by Sam_1981
    Well done that you understood the UKPC scam

Want a real good laugh ????? YES ??

Look at their web site and this page ....
    http://www.ukparkingcontrol.com/carpark-management

IT SAYS ....
    "Within the parking industry there are some unscrupulous operators with untrained staff who have given the parking management industry a bad reputation and a poor image."

Unscrupulous ..... HAHAHA ???
    UKPC INVENTED THE WORD Unscrupulous

The very same company who were caught out faking
    pictures and hiding behind wheelie bins ?

UKPC live in the clouds ... all that's needed is a google
    search and anyone can see all about the UKPC RUBBISH

Leaving site claim ???? DO GROW UP UKPC
    Last edited by beamerguy; 26-04-2018 at 9:37 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Apr 18, 11:34 PM
    • 58,388 Posts
    • 71,916 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Want another laugh?

https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2018/04/parking-firm-fined-obstructing-fly-tipping-probe/

Watch this space.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,110Posts Today

8,380Users online

Martin's Twitter