Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Multicoloured_spider
    • By Multicoloured_spider 17th Mar 17, 7:05 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Multicoloured_spider
    Help to Buy Redemption
    • 17th Mar 17, 7:05 AM
    Help to Buy Redemption 17th Mar 17 at 7:05 AM
    I'm currently trying to redeem my help to Buy loan in full by remortgaging. Target HCA own our loan.

We've had the new mortgage approved, and I have sent all the paperwork to Target with our independent RICS approved valuation. This was 3 weeks ago and they haven't even acknowledged it yet, is this normal?
    Has anyone been through this process? How long did it all take?
Page 2
    • bhughes1986
    • By bhughes1986 24th Jun 18, 10:24 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    bhughes1986
    Mine was done with esurv, recommended by target. £270 for them to give a 30-40k overvalue. I sent them a copy of a valuation from the previous year £40k less with a different company and they still wouldn't change it
    Originally posted by gazzabboi
    Whereabouts in the UK are you? We will be going through the process in around six months time and to be honest I am dreading the valuation.
    • squire2k
    • By squire2k 28th Jun 18, 2:56 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    squire2k
    Target HCA are proving to be a nightmare, sent them 73k to pay off my Help 2 Buy loan over 6 weeks ago - no written confirmation, can't get through on the phone at all, emailed them 4 weeks ago, no reply... i've ended up reporting them to the Financial Ombudsman Service - they clearly can't keep up with the amount of people looking to redeem their loan...
    • Christopherx
    • By Christopherx 4th Jul 18, 1:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Christopherx
    Same deal here - the hard bit is actually getting through to them in order to pay the damn maintenance fee! I've been trying every day for the past week and they've kept me in "9th" position (same position every time bizarrely - i wonder if their queue is actually a queue). Their customer service is truly, truly terrible.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 4th Jul 18, 3:01 PM
    • 33,886 Posts
    • 18,391 Thanks
    kingstreet
    Target is an organisation which won the Government contract to manage post-sales HTB issues probably on the basis it bid for less money to do the job.

It was better when Metropolitan had the contract.

Similar withe the Area HTB Agents. I always thought Catalyst was better than BPHA who replaced them in the South East.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • smithy_789
    • By smithy_789 10th Jul 18, 4:33 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    smithy_789
    Going through the process at the minute, sent them the valuation report and fee, emailed asking if they got it, took them 29 days to respond saying they didnt have it. Cant get through on phone, same issue as above always in position 9 then the phone cuts out. I hear that the valuation report lasts for 3 months and they are now extending this due to their poor handling. Now paying interest on a loan I can clear in full due to their abysmal management. I've also complained to the FCA.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 10th Jul 18, 5:43 PM
    • 33,886 Posts
    • 18,391 Thanks
    kingstreet
    FCA?

The FCA doesn't deal with consumer complaints.

They (Target) are contracted and paid by the HCA, the Homes & Communities Agency.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • dhokes
    • By dhokes 10th Jul 18, 11:01 PM
    • 167 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    dhokes
    Going through the process at the minute, sent them the valuation report and fee, emailed asking if they got it, took them 29 days to respond saying they didnt have it. Cant get through on phone, same issue as above always in position 9 then the phone cuts out. I hear that the valuation report lasts for 3 months and they are now extending this due to their poor handling. Now paying interest on a loan I can clear in full due to their abysmal management. I've also complained to the FCA.
    Originally posted by smithy_789

Worth complaining to your local MP as well?
    • iliveinapond
    • By iliveinapond 11th Jul 18, 3:14 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    iliveinapond
    Hi all

Sorry to jump in here, but it seems there are several people going through or who have been through this process on this thread.

My OH is looking to redeem the 20% owed - what due diligence do they perform for the process? The issue is that I have the capital to do this, but the mortgage and everything else is in her name.

Thanks
    Ducky
    • Stubert999
    • By Stubert999 12th Jul 18, 11:39 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Stubert999
    Not Very Clear Is It
    I've also had the pleasure of dealing with Target this month. Submitted our RICS valuation in May and it's set to expire past their 3 month period before we exchange and complete. Managed to speak to them on the phone this morning and was told that 'they are currently accepting redemptions against valuations beyond their 3 month expiry date due to delays until further notice'.

What's not clear is when this 'further notice period ends' I was told a couple of months but wasn't filled with confidence.

Is anyone else out there queried this or better yet proceeded with an expired valuation without need to get a desktop valuation done? The uncertainty is the most annoying thing really, I don't want to trip over a two week delay landmine in getting an updated valuation done if they change their mind in a few weeks time!
    • Marco0621
    • By Marco0621 16th Jul 18, 10:30 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Marco0621
    Hi all, with regards to contacting Target HCA via phone and email. That clearly doesn't work. So I reached out to them via Twitter: @TargetGroupLtd. The guys who run the Twitter feed chased up the Target HCA team and they called me at a time that suited me. You will have to 'follow' their Twitter account Target Group so they can DM you but other than that that actually worked.
    • KID1985
    • By KID1985 17th Jul 18, 12:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KID1985
    Full redemption of HtB loan
    Hi all, I was on hold for over an hour but eventually got through to Target HCA. I sent independent valuation, solicitors details on payment on Friday 13 July. They sent out the redemption statement yesterday. It should take 3-5 days to receive. The whole thing is painful! Good luck to everybody on here looking to deal with these guys!
    • Benzene
    • By Benzene 18th Jul 18, 10:51 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Benzene
    Terrible Service from Target HCA!
    I sent Target HCA via post and email the following on 27th June 2018:

1. Full loan redemption form with solicitors details
    2. Payment of £200
    3. RICS independant valuation survey

I have still, to date, not heard back from Target HCA!

What a terrible service!!

I am already waiting for more than an hour now to get in touch with them!
    • carlosveiga
    • By carlosveiga 29th Jul 18, 11:55 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    carlosveiga
    Interesting to learn all this... Have you made any positive progress? Are they improving their service?
    • missplant
    • By missplant 1st Aug 18, 1:45 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    missplant
    oh gosh! hearing all of this is filling me with dread and I am a year away from re-mortgaging my loan. I hope they sort the call centre mess out. good luck to everyone redeeming.
    • foxtrot_mike
    • By foxtrot_mike 9th Aug 18, 9:27 AM
    • 94 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    foxtrot_mike
    I have just applied to redeem mine too

They have assured me that the request has been actioned, but i will keep chasing.

I sent the Form B, Survey and payment to them on 6th August, does anyone know when i should expect the redemption statement.

Any hints tips or advice welcome
    • Maxchess
    • By Maxchess 12th Aug 18, 5:14 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Maxchess
    Direct Debit for the interest on the loan
    Been hassled already to set up the direct debit to HCA for the interest on the loan. No details of the monthly amount given yet and in addition am aiming to repay in full before any interest is due.
    However, due to the delays in HCA responding to attempts to repay the equity loan, is it worth setting up the direct debit just in case?
    What do people think?
    Is it just another level of paperwork to confuse HCA?
    Many thanks
    • thewarmcoconut
    • By thewarmcoconut 14th Aug 18, 5:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    thewarmcoconut
    Target
    I've been struggling to pay off Target since January this year, they don't reply to emails. It took 3 months for them to say they would send a redemption pack and then a month later I asked them why they didn't send it and they said because the house valuation was a few days out of date now as they had forgotten to send it. I had to then get another valuation done 2 months ago and since then they said they have sent the valuation 9 times, but not once has it ever been sent and today over the phone they said it was because they keep making admin mistakes and then a ticket has to be raised to fix it. They have also told me if they can't fix it by the time the valuation runs out again I will have to get another one done.
    Why are they allowed to do this?
    • dhokes
    • By dhokes 14th Aug 18, 7:59 PM
    • 167 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    dhokes
    I've been struggling to pay off Target since January this year, they don't reply to emails. It took 3 months for them to say they would send a redemption pack and then a month later I asked them why they didn't send it and they said because the house valuation was a few days out of date now as they had forgotten to send it. I had to then get another valuation done 2 months ago and since then they said they have sent the valuation 9 times, but not once has it ever been sent and today over the phone they said it was because they keep making admin mistakes and then a ticket has to be raised to fix it. They have also told me if they can't fix it by the time the valuation runs out again I will have to get another one done.
    Why are they allowed to do this?
    Originally posted by thewarmcoconut

Complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service. - http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html
    • StaceyJB
    • By StaceyJB 19th Aug 18, 7:52 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    StaceyJB
    Hi

I am borrowing more on my mortgage too in order to pay this off. Sent off the RICS survey. The bank also want to do their own valuation. They said Iíll never see this. Will they send this to target? Do target look at the lender valuation? Iím worried in case they do and the 2 figures are different! Hoping they just want the RICS!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

166Posts Today

1,532Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin