Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ironman1354
    • By Ironman1354 15th Mar 17, 10:11 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 18Thanks
    Ironman1354
    Excel Parking / BW Legal - N1 Claim Form
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:11 PM
    Excel Parking / BW Legal - N1 Claim Form 15th Mar 17 at 10:11 PM
    I received a Parking Charge Notice from Excel Parking in July 2015. Even though I bought a parking ticket to cover the period of stay, it flipped over on the dashboard so the time and date was not visible. Despite the fact that the parking attendant observed as the the ticket was purchased and engaged in conversation, he still put a charge notice on the car whilst it was unattended. When I returned, I challenged him with the charge notice and he said it wouldn't be a problem He advised me to email the address on the notice with a photograph of the ticket and it would be cancelled.

This is what I did. After a few letters, Excel Parking offered me a "gesture of goodwill" to settle the notice and asked me to pay a 10 admin charge to settle it or I could appeal. But if I appealed and lost, I would be liable for the 70 charge. Having bought a ticket, and proved that I bought a ticket, I couldn't see that I had done anything wrong and saw this response from Excel as nothing short of blackmail. I was loathed to give them a penny because if they did this to all motorists who parked in their car parks and they paid up, they'd be receiving a lot of "10 admin" charges. So, out of principle I appealed via IAS, which I now know having read on these forums, is nothing more than a kangaroo court.

Not surprisingly, I lost on the grounds that I didn't display the ticket properly. Less than 24 hours later, I received a demand for 100 from Rossendales Collect - 70 charge + 30 administration costs.

After reading numerous threads on here I ignored the Rossendale Letter and subsequent letters from BW Legal.

Today, I received an N1 Claim Form from the County Court Business Centre, Northampton claiming that I owe Excel Parking 211.20.

Do i have grounds to contest this? Can I claim that Excel failed to mitigate their losses when they were informed that I had bought a ticket?
    Last edited by Ironman1354; 23-03-2017 at 9:26 AM.
Page 3
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 15th Oct 17, 12:45 PM
    • 9,514 Posts
    • 9,274 Thanks
    The Deep
    Totally respect your decision not to pursue this any further, completely understandable.

I disagree. the only way you can stop these scammers is to fight back.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil was that good men should do nothing.

Burke
    Last edited by The Deep; 15-10-2017 at 12:48 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 12th Jan 18, 5:59 AM
    • 577 Posts
    • 678 Thanks
    claxtome
    Ironman1354 Congratulations on your win for a flipped ticket case.
    I know it has been over 3 months but I don't suppose you could post the judges name, which court and the first initial of your surname please?
    I am fighting a flipped ticket case myself and will probably use your outcome in mine.
    Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,901Posts Today

6,709Users online

Martin's Twitter