Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mc303
    • By mc303 15th Mar 17, 4:26 PM
    • 83Posts
    • 5Thanks
    mc303
    Yes it's The Car
    • 15th Mar 17, 4:26 PM
    Yes it's The Car 15th Mar 17 at 4:26 PM
    hi, i have read up as much as i can... i will try to keep this short
    test drove second hand car, noticed fault, the dealer said the fault will be repaired before hand over, hand over day while driving home noticed fault still present, told dealer, returned car 3 times for repair, fault still present, asked dealer for refund, dealer said no, went to CC Company under section 75 breach of contract
    the consumer rights act 2015
    Under section 24
    sub section
    (5)A consumer who has the right to a price reduction and the final right to reject may only exercise one (not both), and may only do so in one of these situations!!!8212;

(a)after one repair or one replacement, the goods do not conform to the contract

CC refused section 75
    took case to TFO, TFO said no, reason being that dealer is offering repair, so here is my question, i was turned down because the dealer offered repair, i returned the car to them 3 times, i gave them 3 chances to repair, they denied the fault i complained about existed, i had 4 independent reports all clearly stating the fault is present, why oh why have i been rejected for this claim?? am i missing something?
    any advise truly appreciated.
    Thank you
    Last edited by mc303; 05-03-2018 at 6:34 PM.
Page 8
    • mc303
    • By mc303 23rd Nov 17, 3:57 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    mc303
    If the insurance has (or is going to) pay out then you have no claim. You can't have the money twice.
    Originally posted by waamo
    thx, i understand that, but the insurance has not paid out as such, my question is do I still have a case or do I need to drop the claim, I have not accepted or received any pay out from the insurance, their offer was to low so I declined.
    please advise
    thank you
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 23rd Nov 17, 4:41 PM
    • 4,284 Posts
    • 4,330 Thanks
    DoaM
    You negotiate with the insurance then claim the difference (plus additional premium costs for future insurance increases) from the seller?
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • mc303
    • By mc303 23rd Nov 17, 7:27 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    mc303
    Petrol bombed? Whom did you upset?
    Originally posted by lincroft1710
    always one
    • mc303
    • By mc303 5th Mar 18, 5:00 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    mc303
    Today I won my case.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 5th Mar 18, 5:05 PM
    • 4,284 Posts
    • 4,330 Thanks
    DoaM
    Today I won my case.
    Originally posted by mc303
    And?
    Did the other party turn up?
    Was it a contested hearing or a default judgment?
    What did the judge say?
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • mc303
    • By mc303 5th Mar 18, 5:23 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    mc303
    And there's no need to involve a solicitor.

Just send a letter before action to the CC Co and have a read of MSE's Small Claims Court guide.
    Originally posted by wealdroam
    in a reply you managed to insert HTML with a text link, how did you manage that please, not just insert the link but a text link,
    Thank you
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Mar 18, 5:33 PM
    • 7,136 Posts
    • 6,586 Thanks
    KeithP
    in a reply you managed to insert HTML with a text link, how did you manage that please, not just insert the link but a text link,
    Thank you
    Click on the quote button on that post and you will see exactly how it is done.
    • mc303
    • By mc303 5th Mar 18, 5:51 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    mc303
    Click on the quote button on that post and you will see exactly how it is done.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Hi KP you've misunderstood what I was trying to do, it's ok I brushed up on my HTML, no probs now , but i'll wait for the cheque to cash before I name the dealer hahahaha
    • mc303
    • By mc303 5th Mar 18, 6:01 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    mc303
    And?
    Did the other party turn up?
    Was it a contested hearing or a default judgment?
    What did the judge say?
    Originally posted by DoaM
    Well as i said, i was the victim of an arson attack, so on the first hearing i explained to the judge that i would have to drop the case against mbna and the dealer because if i win my case i do not have a vehicle to return to the dealer... so i had to revise the case to expenses paid out on the car proving the faults and any money i paid to repair the car, the judge was fully aware what happened in this case, so as i was walking in to court this morning the defendant was trying to give me a cheque, i ignored them, inside the judge asked if i would like to accept the cheque, i accepted, the judge said that he would not close the case until the cheque had cleared hahahaha, he knew the score
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 5th Mar 18, 6:29 PM
    • 18,655 Posts
    • 15,580 Thanks
    wealdroam
    Thank you
    No brushing up on HTML required.

I did it without knowing anything about HTML.

1) Highlight the text you want to be a link,
    2) use the insert link button.
    • mc303
    • By mc303 5th Mar 18, 6:37 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    mc303
    No brushing up on HTML required.

I did it without knowing anything about HTML.

1) Highlight the text you want to be a link,
    2) use the insert link button.
    Originally posted by wealdroam
    mmmm? it keeps inserting mse.com before my url?? never mind i had a quick brush up and know the code google
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,535Posts Today

6,580Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin