Stop another Scottish referendum - petition support please

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/180642

despite the Scottish people being led to believe the last referendum was a "once in a lifetime" vote the poisonous, vindictive idiot in charge is planning another.

The continual threat of another referendum is destroying the economy, not just in Scotland, but creating uncertainty across the UK when we have enough to deal with.

We wish democracy to be served and our previous vote to be honoured. Please support us in bringing this nonsense to an end.

Thank you

Heather.

Comments

• badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,633
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Of course the only thing that can possibly be destroying the economy must be the threat of another referendum.
  • Vectis
    Vectis Posts: 680
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Perhaps the whole of the UK should be given a vote as to whether they want Scotland to remain as part of the Union?

Personally I'm pretty fed up of the constant whinging from certain quarters north of the border. They've done pretty well considering they are only a bit player in the Union. Perhaps it's time to cut them adrift, no parachute payments, golden handshakes etc?

I'm not sure how or why such a small percentage of the UK's population (less than 9%?) get's so much notice taken of it and so much attention.
  • andrewf75
    andrewf75 Posts: 10,421
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    On the one hand I think its wrong in principle to hold another vote when the last one was supposed to be a once in a generation thing, but we live in crazy times politically. If I lived in Scotland I would most certainly be seizing any possible chance to get away from the direction our country is headed in now so good luck to them.
  • David_Aston
    David_Aston Posts: 1,160
    First Post
    Forumite
    Yes Andrew. Never mind Scotland, how about another, max two referenda for the rest of us. For an alleged remainer, Therese May is setting about Brexit with unseemly gusto!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure