Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rosy Apple
    • By Rosy Apple 13th Mar 17, 5:53 PM
    • 137Posts
    • 27Thanks
    Rosy Apple
    HSBC Mortgage Application Timings?
    • 13th Mar 17, 5:53 PM
    HSBC Mortgage Application Timings? 13th Mar 17 at 5:53 PM
    Hi all,

Has anyone else applied for a mortgage via HSBC, would you mind sharing your timeline with me?

I am trying my best not to be a nervy FTB- but it isn't going very well!

Many thanks,
    RA
Page 3
    • YHM
    • By YHM 23rd Oct 17, 9:13 PM
    • 593 Posts
    • 224 Thanks
    YHM
    Was your application put through a broker or direct?
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
    • tylr
    • By tylr 24th Oct 17, 5:53 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tylr
    It is through a broker.
    • indiechickuk
    • By indiechickuk 8th Nov 17, 4:11 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    indiechickuk
    is it out of the ordinary for HSBC to have a mortgage application for 17 days without coming to any decision?
    it seems to be... they had my documents for 12 working days, then realised they'd lost half of them. It's only because I called every day for a week (sometimes on the verge of tears!) that it got SUPER prioritised, and I was able to re-upload the documents direct to the decision maker. And yet they actually checked the documents and made a decision in the space of 4 hours.

One of the customer service people I spoke to said that they've just got a massive backlog at the moment.
    • yping930
    • By yping930 8th Nov 17, 9:22 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yping930
    We are share ownership buyer due to landlord wants the house back by Christmas!! Found a lovely house from housing only need 65000 to start off with and decided to go with HSBC due to my husband bank with them for more than 20years and they have the beat rate at the moment too. Our timeline is --
    online application submitted on 16th Oct.
    Email asked for all evidence documents on 17th Oct.
    Documents and passport verification in branch( so glad that i took the name card from the lady that took our documents for later!)
    Start the waiting game while sorting out solicitors and housing. In between we got calls from their mortgage team asking for more details on our payslips, deposit origin and more bank statement as well as my passport copies again as they seems didn't receive it at all!!
    It's now the 3rd day under review with the underwriter.
    The wait is killing us!!!
    • silviu85
    • By silviu85 10th Apr 18, 2:49 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    silviu85
    our timings
    26.03 Submitted full application
    27.03 Submitted to underwriters
    03.04 Aprooved subject to valuation
    04.04 Valuation recieved by hsbc as it was booked from the 28th
    06.04 valuation with the valuation team
    10.04 phoned customer service and they told me valuation has been checked and i need to wait for the advisor to contact me.Managed to email the advisor and she now states that she has no valuation,and that the valuation is with the valuation team.Rang customer service again,they rang valuations team and they said valuation is with the advisor so basically they are now playing a little ball with us
    Last edited by silviu85; 10-04-2018 at 3:24 PM. Reason: updates
    • warnerr88
    • By warnerr88 10th Apr 18, 3:37 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    warnerr88
    23.03 Submitted full application via L&C
    10.04 After submitting some further documents, today have got approved subject to valuation.

How long does it take roughly for the valuation to be done? Will I get any info on when it is booked?
    • Klr005
    • By Klr005 11th Apr 18, 8:03 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Klr005
    New Application
    06.04 AIP received
    10.04 Application submitted by local financial advisor
    11.04 Called by Countrywide surveyors to book our lender valuation. Booked for 18.04.
    • Klr005
    • By Klr005 19th Apr 18, 8:03 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Klr005
    No news is good news?
    We had our valuation yesterday and the chap was very helpful. Said he'd be sending the report to HSBC by close of play yesterday (he came at 10am).
    He also said there was nothing to worry about with his valuation.

We've had no updates from our MA. Should I be worried, or is it just our MA not advising at every teeny step?
    • silviu85
    • By silviu85 23rd Apr 18, 3:12 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    silviu85
    Hsbc are not good at keeping you updated,you need to stand on top of them for every update..
    • Amberlane
    • By Amberlane 28th Apr 18, 11:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Amberlane
    Mortgage application to HSBC approved within 8 days
    • monz
    • By monz 29th Apr 18, 3:59 PM
    • 3,377 Posts
    • 11,226 Thanks
    monz
    Applied Wednesday 25th April
    Mortgage appointment on phone 27th April and sent to underwriters
    Awaiting response - was told that it!!!8217;s normally 10 days but will know for next week... she told me would be fine and don!!!8217;t worrry....
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016)
    car PCP - £1,108.94/£11,848.25 mum and dad £1,650/£4,000 mortgage - £83,055 o/s currently - paid £1,400.36 (£35.90 overpayment)
    • monz
    • By monz 1st May 18, 10:16 AM
    • 3,377 Posts
    • 11,226 Thanks
    monz
    How long did you wait before word from underwriters? I know only Tuesday and submitted Friday but just a estimate wait xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016)
    car PCP - £1,108.94/£11,848.25 mum and dad £1,650/£4,000 mortgage - £83,055 o/s currently - paid £1,400.36 (£35.90 overpayment)
    • Klr005
    • By Klr005 10th May 18, 9:31 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Klr005
    Full update:

06.04 AIP received
    10.04 Application submitted by local financial advisor
    11.04 Called by Countrywide surveyors to book our lender valuation. Booked for 18.04.
    19.04 Mortgage Offer
    08.05 Mortgage completed

Never had a problem and they didn't ask for anything additional. Very impressed with how well it all went as we were under pressure to complete.
    • joahamil
    • By joahamil 29th May 18, 12:19 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    joahamil
    Hi everyone,
    This is a really useful thread, thank you! I am also a nervous FTB. I submitted my full application back on Saturday 19th May after receiving the AIP and submitted all the docs they requested on the same day. I'm regretting doing it online as I feel like there is zero direction from HSBC. Does anyone know if there is an alternative number to call them with their mortgage advisors, as the number within the application page just goes to a call centre who clearly have a script and are no help at all.
    Thanks so much!
    • anishnair
    • By anishnair 29th May 18, 1:45 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    anishnair
    @joahamil
    Don't worry its normal. They'll call you if anything needed and send you a link to upload more docs if needed. You can also check the status online - it should be with underwriters.

I did apply online on 19th too. I have HSBC Advance current account (main current account with them for 14 years and previous mortgage with them) but they still called couple of times asking to provide more docs (P40, passport). They also made a mistake in creating my wife as a new 'client' rather than recognising as the joint account holder - which needed going through the unique username / password creation, activation, etc. eventually 'verifying' her (joint) application. While all this was undergoing, EA told me the valuation was booked but never heard from HSBC about it. Last Friday (at the end of 5th working day) I got a text message saying my mortgage is approved subject to valuation.

You could call them on 03456030171 / 08001696333 - these are the numbers included in their text messages. Hope it helps.
    • Pegasaurus
    • By Pegasaurus 12th Jun 18, 1:10 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Pegasaurus
    Joining the thread.

It's all a bit weird. Broker recommended HSBC even though there's an oddity with my credit file. I was surprised to get a DIP with no referral to the underwriter. What's odd is that HSBC instructed the valuation before they got my bank statements. Said statements show the worst month in terms of account conduct ever, so I highly doubt they'll offer me a mortgage based on that, but here we are. The waiting game. Valuation was done yesterday - let's see what happens.

Why would they instruct a valuation so early?!
    • hufc2002
    • By hufc2002 19th Jun 18, 3:31 PM
    • 259 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    hufc2002
    Similar situation here to the last post.

Broker has confirmed that my DIP has been referred however I have had voicemail from Countrywide Survey Service to ask if I want a 'more in depth' survey carrying out and if so to contact them.

What should I make of this? Would they instruct a valuation if I haven't been approved?
    • Pegasaurus
    • By Pegasaurus 19th Jun 18, 8:19 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Pegasaurus
    Yes! Offer from HSBC received today!

DIP on 1st
    Full application on 4th
    Valuation on 11th
    Query on bank statements on 14th
    Offer on 19th

What a horrible waiting game. Good luck hufc.
    • hufc2002
    • By hufc2002 20th Jun 18, 9:16 PM
    • 259 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    hufc2002
    Should I be concerned that my DIP was referred? Broker said he spoke to HSBC and they said the likely reason is because the LTV is 90%.

We have accepted an offer on our property and dropping paperwork off at solicitors tomorrow to kick off the conveyancing and we had an offer accepted on a property at the weekend hence this mortgage application.

We do have a DIP with another lender (Halifax) for £30k more than we have applied for with HSBC but their products are so much more expensive.

Iím really concerned that our application will be rejected and we lose our dream home.

Any advice?
    • AuntieCraic
    • By AuntieCraic 27th Jun 18, 7:41 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AuntieCraic
    1st time buyer
    Used an independent mortgage adviser
    -Got our Decision in principle on Mon 18/06/2018
    -Got Sale Agreed Tuesday 26/06/2018
    -Full mortgage application submitted Wed 27/06/2018 @10:30am
    -27/06/2018 @ 11:30am they phoned to request payment of the survey -withing 60mins of our application!
    Hope the rest of the application goes smoothly! Thought it odd we had to pay for the survey etc at the initial application being submitted as surely they wouldn't have looked at it etc within 1 hour!
    So nervous all goes through ok!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

284Posts Today

4,527Users online

Martin's Twitter