Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bunneroo
    • By Bunneroo 10th Mar 17, 6:22 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Bunneroo
    Kensington Mortgage application timescale
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:22 AM
    Kensington Mortgage application timescale 10th Mar 17 at 6:22 AM
    Hi- I hope this is the right place to post. We are waiting (almost 3 weeks) to hear from Kensington about our application. We were expecting lots of extra paperwork requests from what I have read on here. Anyone been through this that can maybe reassure me please? How do I know when they have done a valuation? The credit checks have been done though. Thank you!
Page 8
    • Steveg63
    • By Steveg63 21st Feb 18, 5:32 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Steveg63
    Saga continues, back to builders now with the valuation report, lets see what they think of this, need to drop the price by 7% to get to the valuation!
    • Mrpear
    • By Mrpear 7th Mar 18, 4:16 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mrpear
    After being declined back in October by Kensington on a 325k mortgage at 15% deposit (pre-war semi) we have decided to give it another go on a new build using Help to Buy.

For anybody reading this who has seen my old post about the original decline I actually understand why Kensington declined us back then.

Our money management wasn't the best and although we didn't live beyond our means at all, cash was a bit all over the place.

My wife and I sat down after the decline and decided to manage it better. So the plan since October has been to be more sensible.

We have not touched the deposit since the decline, not a penny.
    I've made one transfer of funds from my business account to our current account monthly.
    We live in our credit card and NILL it every month.
    We use our current account solely as an account to clear bills.
    We pay our rent at the same time every month.... Previously, I used to pay our rent 2-3 weeks earlier just to get it out of the way, Kensington didn't like this (although I never ever have paid rent late)

Our broker currently has said that our bank statements are incredibly boring - which is a good thing - but I've also sent over 4 months of credit card statements to show we actually have a social life.

I don't gamble etc...

He did say that KMG are actually a lot better at turning around new build applications because lenders want the HTB business from builders.

Fingers crossed again! I'm hoping that going in with the government 20% as well as our 5% will be a lot stronger for us.... You never know!

So.... 12/02 Application IN.
    Originally posted by mrpear
    Quick update on ours.

Have requested current contract, previous contract for a year, they wanted to see evidence of earning currently as I finished my last contract 1 week after the application went in... So a latest bank statement (both personal and business)

These were sent off - along with additional docs of proof of deposit and reasons explaining historic adverse on Monday.

I think it we get past this stage, the next will be an accountants certificate and possibly the clearing of some old defaults that still sit on our files.
    • Nyrac69
    • By Nyrac69 7th Mar 18, 9:16 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nyrac69
    Hi - new to the forum - we are just starting the journey today !
    I had a bad break up some 15 years ago and run up some large debts trying to keep my house - after a few years I contacted the lenders and set up agreements and these are all still in place.
    Since then I have been n the straight and narrow, no defaults, built up my credit score etc etc
    skip forward 15 years and credit score is good, now married and wanting to buy a home together, high street bank declined us due to the DMP's in place, so our broker has suggested Kensington, so last night i spent all evening pulling together all the paperwork, credit records, payslips, P60's, Bank Statements etc etc ... and now the wait begins ......
    • jo1982
    • By jo1982 8th Mar 18, 5:32 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    jo1982
    Just thought I would give you an idea of my application with Kensington so far:

26/2/18 DIP recieved

27/2/18 alll documents sent to broker to support application

1/3/18 application submitted to Kensington

6/3/18 a small list of extra documents required

7/3/18 broker submitted the extra documents

8/3/18 Kensington signed off all documents and have instructed valuation.

They have been much quicker than I thought to this point. There was a slight delay last week due to the weather!
    • Mrpear
    • By Mrpear 8th Mar 18, 8:19 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mrpear
    Quick update on ours.

Have requested current contract, previous contract for a year, they wanted to see evidence of earning currently as I finished my last contract 1 week after the application went in... So a latest bank statement (both personal and business)

These were sent off - along with additional docs of proof of deposit and reasons explaining historic adverse on Monday.

I think it we get past this stage, the next will be an accountants certificate and possibly the clearing of some old defaults that still sit on our files.
    Originally posted by Mrpear
    Kensington came back today requesting evidence of the old defaults to be paid, and also a receipt of sale from a Range Rover that we sold for 40k (it was a private sale and we are using that money for the deposit)

So far, so good (I think!)
    • Scott27981
    • By Scott27981 11th Mar 18, 5:56 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Scott27981
    Hi new to forum, Iíve recently applied for a Kensington mortgage in Scotland got a DIP for £270000 and have applied for a mortgage on a house of £220000 with 85% Ltv so mortgage of £187,000 I have given them all the info they require only blemishes on my Experian account are a default which comes off in July and is settled a £23 telecoms default that is settled and comes off in December and a DMP I came out of in September credit score is 823, Just wondering if anyone knows the chances of my application being successful?
    • Nyrac69
    • By Nyrac69 12th Mar 18, 7:48 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nyrac69
    So today we had a query on if we could afford the mortgage - we have sent back our spreadsheet with all our incoming etc .. fingers cross they are happy with that - if not it is back to the drawing board .......
    • jo1982
    • By jo1982 13th Mar 18, 7:20 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    jo1982

26/2/18 DIP recieved

They have been much quicker than I thought to this point. There was a slight delay last week due to the weather!
    Originally posted by jo1982
    Valuation is on Thursday - fingers crossed. So far it has been less than 2 weeks
    • Scott27981
    • By Scott27981 14th Mar 18, 7:52 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Scott27981
    Came back and offered us £159,000 on affordability they have not took into consideration that an unsecured loan on existing mortgage will be paid off and have took 20% off my earnings twice !!!55358;!!!56621;, I!!!8217;ve just paid off £238 a month of debt so hopefully after recalculating we can get the £187,000 we need. It!!!8217;s the waiting 2 days in between correspondence I can!!!8217;t cope with fingers crossed.
    • Steveg63
    • By Steveg63 14th Mar 18, 3:38 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Steveg63
    Update
    Well we had the nod from the mortgage broker that they have had notification that the offer has been sent, we should receive any time now, all is as it should be so we can expect to exchange on 23/03/18, assuming they post out in enough time. So it took 5 weeks and 2 days from time of application to mortgage adviser being notified that we had the offer.
    So all being well we will have the letter by Friday this week.
    • Mrpear
    • By Mrpear 16th Mar 18, 9:45 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mrpear
    Kensington came back today requesting evidence of the old defaults to be paid, and also a receipt of sale from a Range Rover that we sold for 40k (it was a private sale and we are using that money for the deposit)

So far, so good (I think!)
    Originally posted by Mrpear
    KMG just requesting evidence from the DVLA that we no longer own the car which we have requested and then they will instruct a valuation!
    • Scott27981
    • By Scott27981 16th Mar 18, 6:44 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Scott27981
    After more paperwork sent valuation has been done one last bit of evidence sent today hopefully offer next week and it will be for what we require, it may be slow but we!!!8217;ve got there.
    • Steveg63
    • By Steveg63 19th Mar 18, 2:04 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Steveg63
    Offer
    Well we had the nod from the mortgage broker that they have had notification that the offer has been sent, we should receive any time now, all is as it should be so we can expect to exchange on 23/03/18, assuming they post out in enough time. So it took 5 weeks and 2 days from time of application to mortgage adviser being notified that we had the offer.
    So all being well we will have the letter by Friday this week.
    Originally posted by Steveg63
    We got our offer on Friday last week, all as it should be, so 5 weeks and 4 days from time of full application, submitting all info, waiting a week for valuation, re-submitting more info, 2 snow days and then getting the offer.
    Stressful but not as bad as I thought it would be, got to give praise to our MB, he and is support staff have been brilliant, from the 6 I have spoken with he is far the best and most professional. Anybody need help he is the man.
    Now awaiting for the exchange of contracts, Friday 23/03 and the build completion for end of June 218.
    Good luck all
    • jo1982
    • By jo1982 21st Mar 18, 4:57 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    jo1982

26/2/18 DIP recieved

Just a quick update

15/3/18 Valuation took place

19/3/18 Kensington recieved Valuation report

21/3/18 Mortgage offer

3 weeks in total completely hassle free now the stress starts!
    • Mrpear
    • By Mrpear 1st Apr 18, 2:56 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mrpear
    Valuation took place on Friday 30th at the house.

Fingers crossed on the offer!
    • Damocooley
    • By Damocooley 4th Apr 18, 6:05 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Damocooley
    Just a quick update

15/3/18 Valuation took place

19/3/18 Kensington recieved Valuation report

21/3/18 Mortgage offer

3 weeks in total completely hassle free now the stress starts!
    Hi. This does sound encouraging. Our application sent today. What was your LTV%?
    • Mrpear
    • By Mrpear 4th Apr 18, 7:59 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mrpear
    12/02 Application in with 6 months bank statements, business bank statements, remittances and current contract
    07/03 More contract document required for uninterrupted work
    08/03 Request to pay off and clear old defaults and CCJ (2 defaults 6 years old this year, one default 2 years old, 1 CCJ 4 years old)
    30/03 Valuation on house
    04/04 Offer emailed over !
    • jo1982
    • By jo1982 5th Apr 18, 9:36 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    jo1982
    Hi. This does sound encouraging. Our application sent today. What was your LTV%?
    Originally posted by Damocooley
    90% LTV

Hoping to exchange next week, but that all depends on the solicitors moving
    Last edited by jo1982; 05-04-2018 at 9:41 AM.
    • Damocooley
    • By Damocooley 5th Apr 18, 8:19 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Damocooley
    90% LTV

Hoping to exchange next week, but that all depends on the solicitors moving
    Iím only 2 days in and so fearful weíre going to get a decline, I canít see why but a gut feeling. Hate the waiting around!
    • Damocooley
    • By Damocooley 8th Apr 18, 11:40 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Damocooley
    Application
    4/4/18 DIP Receieved
    5/4/18 Application submitted
    6/4/18 Valuation Instructed. Asked for 3 months payslips and clarity on my employment address (Payroll address is Livingstone)

Awaiting anxiously.......
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,915Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin