Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bunneroo
    • By Bunneroo 10th Mar 17, 6:22 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Bunneroo
    Kensington Mortgage application timescale
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:22 AM
    Kensington Mortgage application timescale 10th Mar 17 at 6:22 AM
    Hi- I hope this is the right place to post. We are waiting (almost 3 weeks) to hear from Kensington about our application. We were expecting lots of extra paperwork requests from what I have read on here. Anyone been through this that can maybe reassure me please? How do I know when they have done a valuation? The credit checks have been done though. Thank you!
Page 6
    • feekerry
    • By feekerry 21st Oct 17, 5:33 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    feekerry
    Got a phone call Friday from broker saying underwriter was !!!8216;happy!!!8217; with our application and has requested some additional documents like p60 as only provided pay slips originally. Broker said 5 working day turnaround for the additional docs to be assessed.
    I!!!8217;m worried as nearly everywhere is putting interest rates up now and not sure whether our rate stands. We have signed all the docs etc but not at offer stage
    • sterow
    • By sterow 22nd Oct 17, 7:17 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sterow
    We were initally looking at a rate 2,89 - However its gone up to 3.44 - So bit of a difference. Needs must i suppose!
    • feekerry
    • By feekerry 23rd Oct 17, 7:17 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    feekerry
    Ye I think 2.89 was the rate on our paperwork but no news of that being changed yet. Broker just gave me a courtesy call today saying thanks for additional paperwork and it!!!8217;s all been uploaded and may have updates end of week
    • MezzD
    • By MezzD 23rd Oct 17, 7:41 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MezzD
    Hi all I'm new to this site but wanted to post my experience as a vendor. My buyers are using Kensington and we are currently just over 8 weeks in and waiting for the mortgage offer. The valuation was carried out last Monday and I was hoping to have heard back by now. It is so frustrating especially as the buyers made it very clear that they needed a quick sale. For this reason we found a property we liked and put in an offer 7 weeks ago, making it clear to them that we needed a quick sale. We were originally hoping for mid to late November for completion but we'll be lucky to complete this year at this rate. It is not our buyers fault and we do not blame them at all, although I do wish we'd have waited on putting in the offer on the house we're buying as we feel like we're messing them about. They have agreed to rent if they don't find anywhere to buy but they could have considered buying. We'd mentioned the November deadline that we were hoping for and I think they taken that into consideration when looking for a property. How long did it take to receive an offer after valuation? Thank you in advance.
    • feekerry
    • By feekerry 24th Oct 17, 6:22 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    feekerry
    Ooh I had a text to say valuation is booked for next week. Valuation is paid for by them so really hoping this is a good sign??!
    • donna1979
    • By donna1979 29th Oct 17, 10:34 AM
    • 110 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    donna1979
    Do you know how the valuation is being done? We are just starting a remortgage and due to past credit issues our broker has found us a deal with Kensington but it all depends on the house being valued at the 'right' price if that makes sense!
    • Keekee21
    • By Keekee21 30th Oct 17, 12:07 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Keekee21
    Offer
    Sorry for my late reply.
    It took exactly 4 weeks from application to offer, with some pushing along the way.
    Be prepared to provide everything under the sun and then wait days for the new info to be processed.
    I found it tough, but got there in the end.
    Good luck everyone!
    • Keekee21
    • By Keekee21 30th Oct 17, 12:17 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Keekee21
    I Hope they get it sorted for you
    • feekerry
    • By feekerry 30th Oct 17, 12:44 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    feekerry
    Iím not sure about how itís being done, I just got a text arranging it. It said they will need access to the property so I need to be there.
    • sterow
    • By sterow 30th Oct 17, 8:01 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sterow
    I have had an email from the estate agents advising that the valuation was booked in for today.. So hopefully we are getting somewhere, however our broker still hasnt give us the final thumbs up
    • CandyCupcake
    • By CandyCupcake 1st Nov 17, 1:13 PM
    • 218 Posts
    • 869 Thanks
    CandyCupcake
    Hi Everyone,

Just to give a heads up, it took us 10 weeks exactly to get our mortgage offer.

KMC asked for lots of documents, then a few more documents, completed the valuation survey and then asked for more documents. They also wanted us to clear a small £300 loan and a credit card.

So please stay positive, they are extremely slow but they get there in the end

• feekerry
    • By feekerry 1st Nov 17, 2:32 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    feekerry
    Our valuation was done today and valuer said he would get his report of by tomorrow. Yesterday the broker said they wanted a p60 which I had already sent but they had to submit again and today I was asked for a settlement figure on a loan that has to be on headed papers addressed to Kensington. That will take a few days at least to obtain
    • sterow
    • By sterow 8th Nov 17, 7:52 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sterow
    still waiting here.. broker going to chase again in the morning.. any one else had any further news?
    • feekerry
    • By feekerry 9th Nov 17, 12:47 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    feekerry
    Our valuation was done last Wednesday. Broker messaged me on Tuesday asking for a copy of an email re a settlement figure for a loan and said this is the last item outstanding or required... so I am hopeful in 5 days or similar we may have something firm!
    • sterow
    • By sterow 9th Nov 17, 4:22 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sterow
    Did you get a copy of the valuation or confirmation of what they valued it at?
    • feekerry
    • By feekerry 9th Nov 17, 5:40 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    feekerry
    No nothing although I was here when the valuer came (remortgage not purchase) and he was done in a bout 3 mins!
    As long as I havenít heard either way on the valuation I am hoping that is a good thing, broker didnít mention it in her message, just that my email thing outstanding...
    • sterow
    • By sterow 9th Nov 17, 9:19 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sterow
    I have had an email off our broker and the offer is on its way apparently.. however we are still querying the rate that has been offered which is now 3.44, however was 2.89 to start with. Checking their site it looks it shoulld be 2.99 or 3,14 so lets hope ours comes down!
    • juliette0307
    • By juliette0307 13th Dec 17, 1:30 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    juliette0307
    Not sure how they manage to stay in business. My AIP was late September, offer took 6 weeks for a simple straight forward remortgage. They then lost another 2 weeks reissuing the offer: they review all soft credit checks every 6 weeks, so If you use your credit cards, it will affect the balance. So they reduce the figure they offer, looking only at the credit cards going up, not the personel loans going down.
    #It's now nearly Christmas, and I have given myself until the end of the week for them to move to completion or they can go and stuff their subprime antics where they should be.....
    They also asked for extra survey because their surveyor saw a bit of condensation, noting there wasn't cause for concern but there was a bit of condensation (that's £250 of survey) but forgetting to mention the Transfer of Equity I had pre warned about since the AIP.....

And because they only work through intermediary, you can't talk to them, ever!!!
    • feekerry
    • By feekerry 13th Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    feekerry
    Have to say I have found them pretty good. Took about 5 weeks from app to offer and towards the end they were assessing our documents same day. We are due to complete first week in January and we applied mid October. We could complete sooner but delayed so donít incur a penalty with existing lender
    • Vneckjumper
    • By Vneckjumper 5th Jan 18, 8:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Vneckjumper
    Can anybody tell me how many months bank statements Kensington require if in salaried employment?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

17Posts Today

3,401Users online

Martin's Twitter