Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bunneroo
    • By Bunneroo 10th Mar 17, 6:22 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Bunneroo
    Kensington Mortgage application timescale
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:22 AM
    Kensington Mortgage application timescale 10th Mar 17 at 6:22 AM
    Hi- I hope this is the right place to post. We are waiting (almost 3 weeks) to hear from Kensington about our application. We were expecting lots of extra paperwork requests from what I have read on here. Anyone been through this that can maybe reassure me please? How do I know when they have done a valuation? The credit checks have been done though. Thank you!
Page 14
    • Em2aLou38
    • By Em2aLou38 30th Jul 18, 12:59 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Em2aLou38
    Iíve got everything to hand..just means popping into work on a day off to print things off but needs must!
    Iím just worrying about the affordability now..they would have based that on my original three payslips I provided wouldnít they and not last years income???
    • anfieldred
    • By anfieldred 30th Jul 18, 1:20 PM
    • 204 Posts
    • 2,627 Thanks
    anfieldred
    Iíve got everything to hand..just means popping into work on a day off to print things off but needs must!
    Iím just worrying about the affordability now..they would have based that on my original three payslips I provided wouldnít they and not last years income???
    Originally posted by Em2aLou38
    Not sure to be honest - I had to give 4 month's payslips, and just details of where I worked previously/previous salaries. It may just be seeing if your earnings are consistent or going up/down. If there are any queries, as long as it's answered they seem to be ok.
    • Em2aLou38
    • By Em2aLou38 30th Jul 18, 5:48 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Em2aLou38
    I know this April!!!8217;s p60 will be fine but can!!!8217;t remember what last years will be til I print it off tomorrow! My FA said as long as they can see at least 3k to 4K in overtime a year it!!!8217;ll be fine
    • anfieldred
    • By anfieldred 2nd Aug 18, 10:55 AM
    • 204 Posts
    • 2,627 Thanks
    anfieldred
    Finally completed yesterday - it is a slow process, but it will get there.
    • ACG
    • By ACG 2nd Aug 18, 11:53 AM
    • 17,327 Posts
    • 9,181 Thanks
    ACG
    Finally completed yesterday - it is a slow process, but it will get there.
    I wrote this on the first page around 3 months ago.

Kensington do usually get there, they are just ridiculous when it comes to underwriting. I always pre-warn my clients if we use kensington (and one or 2 other lenders) that they will make it hard work and that it is not a sign of their application being a bad one, it is just kensington being a nightmare for everyone.
    Originally posted by ACG
    "Nice" to hear they are still being Kensington. I do a lot of adverse Mortgages and they seem to make it a lot more painful than any other lender. I fed it back to them a few months ago when asked why we do not use them, they told me they had changed. Going off your reply that is not the case.

It is a shame really as they have some decent rates and criteria.

But the main thing is, you go there in the end. You just feel like you need a holiday by the end of it. Climbing Everest is probably easier...and quicker!
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • anfieldred
    • By anfieldred 2nd Aug 18, 12:40 PM
    • 204 Posts
    • 2,627 Thanks
    anfieldred
    I wrote this on the first page around 3 months ago.

"Nice" to hear they are still being Kensington. I do a lot of adverse Mortgages and they seem to make it a lot more painful than any other lender. I fed it back to them a few months ago when asked why we do not use them, they told me they had changed. Going off your reply that is not the case.

It is a shame really as they have some decent rates and criteria.

But the main thing is, you go there in the end. You just feel like you need a holiday by the end of it. Climbing Everest is probably easier...and quicker!
    Originally posted by ACG
    Don't think I did myself any favours with the way my finances were run/previous debts etc. Some in here got quick turnaround times - hasnt been many (or any?) in the thread that have fell through I don't think.

Hopefully in 2 years time I can get on a lower rate and back with a high street lender, but for now I'm just relieved it's gone through
    • Em2aLou38
    • By Em2aLou38 3rd Aug 18, 10:36 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Em2aLou38
    That!!!8217;s what I was thinking..looks like I!!!8217;ll have to suck it up for 2 years then switch (if everything goes through ok)

I!!!8217;m just annoyed that from looking at my credit report there!!!8217;s things linked to me that shouldn!!!8217;t be! I!!!8217;m waiting for Experian to pull their finger out and the CRA to get the Things removed but doesn!!!8217;t look like that!!!8217;ll be any time soon!

I!!!8217;ve sent all the other documents back off to the underwriters now last Tuesday..would it be a stupid question to ask how long it!!!8217;s likely to take now lol
    • anfieldred
    • By anfieldred 3rd Aug 18, 12:51 PM
    • 204 Posts
    • 2,627 Thanks
    anfieldred
    That!!!8217;s what I was thinking..looks like I!!!8217;ll have to suck it up for 2 years then switch (if everything goes through ok)

I!!!8217;m just annoyed that from looking at my credit report there!!!8217;s things linked to me that shouldn!!!8217;t be! I!!!8217;m waiting for Experian to pull their finger out and the CRA to get the Things removed but doesn!!!8217;t look like that!!!8217;ll be any time soon!

I!!!8217;ve sent all the other documents back off to the underwriters now last Tuesday..would it be a stupid question to ask how long it!!!8217;s likely to take now lol
    Originally posted by Em2aLou38
    Depends whats in the documents - if there's no queries, it could be done in a week or two. Mine dragged on, but others have had quick replies. From AIP to valuation was about 18 days for me, but then from valuation to offer was maybe 6 weeks
    • Em2aLou38
    • By Em2aLou38 3rd Aug 18, 5:32 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Em2aLou38
    They!!!8217;ve just asked for the proof of deposit gift letter to be signed and a handwritten letter to cover the fact that there!!!8217;s things on my credit report that are in dispute.

My financial advisor assured me they will lend the money they just want to tidy the file up with these last documents and that!!!8217;s it
    • hunnibee
    • By hunnibee 8th Aug 18, 10:39 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    hunnibee
    Em2aLou38;

Yea I had the same requests, these are all before it goes to the underwriter. After the last bits are gathered, you may expect them to ask for additional details too.. they did with my. My mortgage advisor was getting his hair off with them by the end. I almost backed out & said if I wait until march I can go with a high street anyway & won't need all this crap! Think he said the same to them and I finally got my offer.
    Hang in there.. keep conversations open with your sellers so they feel things are moving. Good luck
    • Em2aLou38
    • By Em2aLou38 8th Aug 18, 2:06 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Em2aLou38
    Yay congratulations on getting your offer !!!55357;!!!56842;
    They seem to come up with the goods eventually think they!!!8217;ve asked for everything now apart from a kidney lol!
    They!!!8217;ve had payslips, bank statements, proof of address, three years of p60!!!8217;s, ID, proof of deposit, gift letter and ID for deposit, letter covering identity theft and deposit, I don!!!8217;t know what else they could need now
    • Em2aLou38
    • By Em2aLou38 9th Aug 18, 8:36 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Em2aLou38
    I spoke to the estate agents yesterday and the valuations been booked in for next Monday apparently. Is it likely to be long after tha?
    • Em2aLou38
    • By Em2aLou38 15th Aug 18, 12:09 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Em2aLou38
    I!!!8217;m losing the will to live. Spoke to the FA yesterday the valuation was all fine but now the underwriter wants another bank statement, proof of address for three years as what I!!!8217;ve provided (p60!!!8217;s) wasn!!!8217;t good enough!

He!!!8217;s assured me it!!!8217;s the last bits but I!!!8217;m
    Slowly losing the will..it!!!8217;s never ending !!!55357;!!!56852;
    • hunnibee
    • By hunnibee 16th Aug 18, 11:07 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    hunnibee
    AHH stick with it you'll get there, then if you have luck like mine... The sellers will pull out!!
    I sincerely hope that doesn't happen to you!
    House no 2 offer made.. will see if it's accepted and start again
    • Em2aLou38
    • By Em2aLou38 17th Aug 18, 10:40 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Em2aLou38
    Oh no !!!55357;!!!56852; bless you! Our sellers on holidays at the moment so I!!!8217;m hoping that!!!8217;ll go in our favour with how long everything!!!8217;s taking! It!!!8217;s just frustrating and my nerves can!!!8217;t take it lol
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,919Posts Today

6,475Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin