Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sally
    • By MSE Sally 6th Mar 17, 4:10 PM
    • 70Posts
    • 27Thanks
    MSE Sally
    0 WOW
    Cheap airport lounge access
    • 6th Mar 17, 4:10 PM
    0 WOW
    Cheap airport lounge access 6th Mar 17 at 4:10 PM

Hi folks

We've written a new Cheap Airport Lounge Access guide and would love your feedback on your top lounges as well as any other tips you've got to get in free or cheaply. The lounges to avoid would also be helpful!

Thank you

MSE Sally
Page 8
    • taxonomy
    • By taxonomy 31st Jul 18, 7:11 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    taxonomy
    Airport Lounge
    Have just been looking at airport lounges. My question is...how long before my flight, can I check in my hold baggage? Do I have to wait to check it in...when Easy Jet open the flight? Given that you are allowed a certain amount of time to use an airport lounge, I'm after value for money. The past couple of years I've travelled from Manchester, I've turned up at the airport at least two hours prior to my flight. It does sound like a lot of time, but I've really only had around 35 - 40 minutes before I've had to go to boarding....at 26 per person, I'd say that maybe it isn't really value for money? Any info really appreciated
    • stevie11
    • By stevie11 31st Jul 18, 7:24 PM
    • 460 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    stevie11
    From experience if the check-in desk opens 3 hours before departure, that means you should just get 2 hours in a lounge before getting to your gate. I suppose timings will depend on the airport departing and how busy getting through security etc.
    • taxonomy
    • By taxonomy 31st Jul 18, 7:59 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    taxonomy
    Two hours is fine and thanks for the info
    • Alan Sheppard
    • By Alan Sheppard 2nd Aug 18, 12:29 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Alan Sheppard
    I recently used no1 lounge at Gatwick and having used it before expected the usual service
    I asked for 2 bacon rolls and was told I could only have 1 previously the put them out and you could take what you wanted I think 1 bacon roll is pretty poor for 40 I could have got much better value in a restaurant
    I do not know if this a new policy but certainly not worth using this lounge again
    • mo.m
    • By mo.m 4th Aug 18, 4:11 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mo.m
    Gatwick No 1 lounge
    We had an embarrassing situation when trying to access this lounge with friends when going on holiday recently, my husband (a Barclays customer) was told he had no visits left on his card. After over an hour on the phone to Barclays and Dragon card he was told that he had used his 6 visits last summer and the card didn't renew until August , which isn't much use if you are travelling in July! We saw other people with Dragon cards turned away, presumably for the same reason. Surely a card like this should run January to December ?
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 4th Aug 18, 10:37 AM
    • 14,577 Posts
    • 19,642 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    We had an embarrassing situation when trying to access this lounge with friends when going on holiday recently, my husband (a Barclays customer) was told he had no visits left on his card. After over an hour on the phone to Barclays and Dragon card he was told that he had used his 6 visits last summer and the card didn't renew until August , which isn't much use if you are travelling in July! We saw other people with Dragon cards turned away, presumably for the same reason. Surely a card like this should run January to December ?
    Originally posted by mo.m
    What difference does it make? The phone or tablet app shows you how many visits you have left and, if you need more, it takes about a minute to add them. No need for embarrassment.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • wozmand
    • By wozmand 5th Aug 18, 2:05 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wozmand
    Hi there

Is anyone aware of any discounts/ways to get the lounges at Manchester Aiport cheaper?

Thanks
    Mark.
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 5th Aug 18, 2:21 PM
    • 3,006 Posts
    • 2,089 Thanks
    EssexExile
    I really wouldn't bother at Manchester.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • nairny54
    • By nairny54 5th Aug 18, 8:08 PM
    • 423 Posts
    • 5,836 Thanks
    nairny54
    Hi there

Is anyone aware of any discounts/ways to get the lounges at Manchester Aiport cheaper?

Thanks
    Mark.
    Originally posted by wozmand

Hi Mark you could try vouchercloud they normally give a code for approx 10% off

HTH
    • mo.m
    • By mo.m 6th Aug 18, 4:26 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mo.m
    dragon pass problem
    Firstly we had never been told that there was an app. Even when my husband was on the phone to Barclays and Dragon Pass neither suggested that he could use the app to solve the problem (and would have saved the long phone call!). Secondly, it does matter when the card renews, without saying on the card what the renewal date is, as you end up paying for extra visits, but lose the ones you are entitled to ! We will probably lose the 2018/19 visits, which is not good value in our opinion.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

144Posts Today

1,625Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin